Wash till you drop

Phaedra Kazuyuki

OOC First Name
Alex
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
14" Cherry Wood wand with Dragon's Scale core
The dinner was great for Phaedra but her head touching the pillows will just be the right amount of greatness. Though, there's one more thing she has to do before retiring for the night. Phaedra walked pass other students out of the Great Hall, some greeting her a good night and some gave way to her. The Professor was heading toward the kitchen, the least place she has to visit after a big meal. But it was also a weird place to do a detention to one of her student.

She sigh and tickled the pear in the painting that is a makeshift door going to the kitchen. The painting opened and a bustling crowed appeared before hand. Phaedra went inside and approached a house elf, she asked the house elf to hold the washing of dishes for a few minute and the house elf agreed. Phaedra thanked the elf and went to sit down on a stool while waiting for James Cade to arrive.

James was still angry about what happened in Herbology but what annoyed him the most was that he was taking the blame for Maddie's act of sabotage. Professor Kazuyuki had been quick to humiliate him in front of the entire class and make him redo the planting process. Now, he was using her mandrake for the rest of the semester to complete his work, but that wasn't the worst of it, she had summoned him to serve detention in the kitchen of all places. This wasn't his first detention and he was sure it wouldn't be his last, not with friends like Hemi and Charlotte. But he had never been to the kitchens for detention. James arrived at the door to the kitchens and made his way inside where he found the Professor and one of the Hogwarts house elves, usually he would be happy to see a house elf because they would always be happy to thrust food upon him but he knew this would be an entirely different experience. "Good evening Professor,"

At last, Phaedra heard the big door opened and came James, who greeted her a good evening. At least the kid is courteous to his elder She thought to herself as she got down from the stool. "Good evening, young man. I hope we don't have hard feelings as it was your fault your mandrake died." She stated and looked at the sink where dishes pile high. The Professor felt guilty but it was the only way to teach the kid a lesson.

Phaedra looked back at James and sigh, "Before you start I just have questions ..." She trailed off but soon continued, "Why did you do it?" The Professor asked, her stance straight and tall against the small height of the child. "Or maybe someone did it but you don't want that person to get the punishment instead?" Phaedra said softly, she barely get mad and opting for a soft tone was the first thing her parents always says.

She looked at the kid, narrowing her eyes more when it was already small enough. "Telling the truth might save you from doing the dishes." Phaedra almost pleaded for the child to tell the truth. Even though he might not tell, washing dishes isn't really a harsh punishment.

It soon became clear to James that Professor Kazuyuki was giving him an out. She seemed to believe he was going along with his punishment to cover for the fact that it was someone else who killed his mandrake. Was it that obvious? James had been angry with Maddie in the aftermath but he didn't turn on her when they were busted after their duel and stunned Charlotte and he wasn't going to rat her out now. "No Professor it was my fault, I suppose I didn't listen closely enough to your instructions, I'm sorry and there's no hard feelings, it was my fault and I deserve to be punished for it," James grimaced as he got the words out. Taking the fall for someone who hated him seemed like an idiotic move but it wasn't the first time and if their incidents became a regular thing there was a chance it wouldn't be the last either. "I'm happy to do the dishes Professor, it's a very fair and creative punishment," He had nothing against the Professor but he just wanted to get his detention over with and get away from her, and he hoped to Merlin that his actions would never get back to Maddie, he didn't want her knowing he covered for her at his own expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back