Jeremy Thorne

Emergency Dept Healer | Hattie's Dad
OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Jeremy made sure that his scarf was on well before he stepped out of the castle and onto the grounds. He was tired of being cooped up in the castle with homework and studying and felt that a few moments of fresh air would do him some good. He was glad that he'd packed his jacket because it would have been easy for him to forget to do so. Back in his hometown, everyone was enjoying the ending of summer and it was just beginning to cool off as Autumn arrived. But, here in New Zealand, they were still in the middle of the coldest season.

With his hands buried in his pockets, Jeremy dreamed of when it would cool off and he could bring his soccer ball out to play. The young Ravenclaw had picked up the sport back at home as he'd walked around town and watched some of the muggle kids play. Jeremy knew it would be difficult to do though because by the time it cooled off, he would be deeper into the year and would probably have more work to do.

Sasha sighed. She loved reading, sure. Learning, too. But she wanted to go outside. She put on a coat, gloves, scarf, and hat before walking out on to the great lawn. She let out a sigh of relief. It felt so much better to breathe in fresh outside air. She noticed that most of the students and professors were inside. She looked up at the windows of the school, feeling sorry for the people who were up there studying. The fresh air was relaxing. Sasha was just about to think about going inside again when she noticed another student nearby.

She walked over to the boy, a smile on her face. "Hi there," she said. "I'm Sasha Hayden. Even if it is cold, I think it's nice to get fresh air. Don't you?"

After being outside for a few moments, Jeremy was almost ready to head back in again. He didn't need much fresh air and there really was nothing for him to do out here after all. As he was thinking this, Jeremy spotted a girl who he vaguely recognized. She must be in my year he realized since that was the only way he could possibly even know her.

As she walked over to him and introduced herself, Jeremy paused in his walking. He smiled shyly in return as he spoke and nodded his head in agreement. "Yea. I thought I was going to go crazy if I didn't get some fresh air. I've been cooped up all week" he admitted. "I'm Jeremy Thorne" he added briefly and then curiousity got the best of him. "We're in the same year, right? I'm a second year" he asked Sasha.

Sasha nodded. "Same thing here," she said. "I've been spending like, all my time inside. May have stepped out for a minute or something, but other than that I don't think I have..." She shivered a little when the wind blew. "I don't mind the cold, it's not too bad. I've experienced worse temperatures." She put her hands inside of her pockets because her gloves weren't strong enough. Sasha took one hand out to pull some hair out of her face before putting it back in her pocket. Note to self: Shop for weather, not for style, she thought. Because looking good won't help if I get frostbite or something.

"Nice to meet you, Jeremy," Sasha said, continuing to smile. "Yeah, I've seen you in a few classes this year." She pulled her hat farther on to her head because she felt like the wind might blow it off. Then she zipped up her coat a little more. She felt a little more warm after that. Then she re-wrapped her scarf around her neck. That does the trick, she thought. I'm warm enough now. I wish the weather would just warm up. I don't want to have to put on so much stuff to stay warm when I just want a little fresh air.

Jeremy listened to Sasha, a smile on his face as he listened to her. He was glad that she recognized him since he had been such a quiet boy last year. He didn't think anyone would remember him. "It's no worse than the Potions classroom sometimes" he added, thinking of how cold that area of the castle always was to him. The dungeons of the castle were always cold to him and he wondered whether that had anything to do with the ghost that was said to haunt the area.

"I really can't wait for it to warm up though" he began as he readjusted his hat. He was glad his parents had thought to buy him a winter hat for his birthday even though the Maine summer weather made it unneccesary to have. Right now, it was helping him out a lot. "I was hoping to run around out here with my soccer ball, but...not in this weather" Jeremy shrugged and then realized that the girl might not know what soccer is. He didn't know whether she'd grown up around muggles or not. "Do you know what soccer is?" he asked, hoping not to offend her if she did indeed know.

Sasha nodded a little. "That Potions classroom can really annoy me," she said. "It can be cold. Plus, it's just creepy being down there." She shuddered. and stuck her hands farther in to her pockets after pulling her hat farther down on her head, as if this would protect her in some way.

"I wish it would warm up already," she said, a smile appearing on her face again. "Yeah, I know what it is. I play it, too. Although I haven't in a while because of the weather. I would prefer to not to freeze. I mean, that's an exaggeration. Unless I wasn't dressed properly, of course. But you know, I can't wait to start practicing again. Maybe join a team or something. Find a group of people who like to play soccer. Play against each other. That kind of stuff." Sasha stopped because she realized she was rambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back