Wandering

Rose Landers

Rose wandered around the grounds, trying to get a feel for the castle that would be her school for the next seven years. She found a small cluster of trees and sat down under one. She put a peice of grass between her teeth and casually chewed on it, wondering how this year was going to go.

"HEY, ROSE!" Estrella bellowed from the Ravenclaw Dormitory Windows. She was leaning dangerously out of the window, her cloak rippling in the breeze. Having taken a nap after her long journey from her muggle home in America, it seemed that Rose had wandered off. She was surprised that she had found her so quick, seeing her friend sitting motionless by the shining lake. "I'M COMING DOWN, STAY THERE!" Estrella yelled, Rose waving her hand to ensure that she had heard.

Startled, Rose sat up straight and looked around. At first she thought she had lost her mind, but then when she looked up she saw Estrella leaning dangerously out the window. Rose smiled and waved at her friend. She leaned back on her elbows and stared back over the lake as she waited for Estrella to join her. Rose was just so happy that she had made such a good friend so soon.

Estrella wondered if she was being too annoying and clingy; immediately she began to pick at herself in her mind and thought, "You're going to blow it, you always do." Her face was mixed with happiness and anger at herself as she strolled out the doors, her robes sweeping across the lawn as she approached Rose.

Rose sat up when she saw Estrella walking toward her. Her friend seemed almost angry and Rose wondered if it was something she did. "Hey Estrella!! What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she grumbled. "I'm just not sure if people like me or not. I don't want to annoy you or anything. Sorry."
She looked out at the lake, the surface of the water shimmering in the midday sun. She stepped to the edge, and breathed in the calm lake air. All of a sudden, for the first time she really looked at the dark forbidden forest. "Rose, we should go exploring in there! I bet there's tons of stuff to discover!"
Her face brightened, but in her excitement she leaned forward a bit too far and fell faceforward into the lake, her whole body immersed in the chilling water. When she resurfaced, she spat water at the air, and she cursed. She looked like a drowned rat, and the expression on her face was comical. "Well," she said, up to her waist in water, "Maybe the Forbidden Forest is for another time!"

Rose tried to hide the fact that she was laughing hysterically, but she wasn't very successful. "I'm a clutz too, don't worry!!" Rose said through gasps as she tried to stop laughing.

Pulling herself out of the water, her clothes sopping, it took Estrella about five minutes to stop laughing completely. How nice it was that someone was laughing with her, and not at her! "I wish I knew a spell to dry clothes off," she muttered. "Wait, this might work. Aguamenti!" A stream of water shot from her wand, and dampened her clothes even further. "Okay, I give up."
Her face became curious as she turned her head towards the forest once more. "I really think that we should peek around in the forest, you know, just a quick look. But maybe we should invite our other friends, you know, Alex and Andi. For strength in numbers." Her face became the dark shroud of a risk taker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back