Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Cyndi thought that as a sixth year, she would be extremely busy with lessons and homework. To her surprise (and relief), she only had two classes this term, and so she actually found herself with quite a bit of free time in between classes. The result of this was that she had gotten to know the school quite well in the past few weeks because she really had nothing else to do.

Today, Cyndi felt like going outside, knowing that pretty soon, it would be too cold for her to want to leave the warmth of the castle. She had practiced some new spells she had learned in Transfiguration and Charms, eaten breakfast, read a little and was now bored. So, Cyndi threw on a sweatshirt and walked down to the lawn to see what was going on around the school.

Taylor had been walking back from a rather peaceful visit to the gardens, she didnt really want to head up to the castle and be confined within its walls just yet. Taylor had grown to enjoy the outdoors while being at Hogwarts. She breathed in as she walked towards the expanse of lawn that lead back to the castle, noting another girl walking on the lawn, looking as though she didnt really have a destination, Taylor gave her a smile when she glanced in her direction. This could either start a conversation, but if the much older looking student didnt wish to, Taylor would just head back up to the castle. Although she would really rather cross out that option.

As Cyndi walked on the lawn, she came across a girl, who seemed to be doing the same thing that she was- wandering. Cyndi saw the girl smile at her, so she waved back. The girl looked as if she were a first or second year, and she thought she had seen her before, but she wasn't quite sure. "Are you enjoying your walk?" Cyndi asked as she paused to tie the laces on her sneakers.

Taylor noticed the girl wave, so she raised her hand shyly in return. She continued walking until she reached the girl and then stopped when she did. "Yeah actually, its a nice day. How about you?" She said absently, looking up at the sky. She always had a bit of trouble talking to the older students, although she couldnt explain why.

"Yup...it beats beating inside being bored." Cyndi replied. "You're in Gryffindor, right? I think I've seen you around the common room"she asked curiously.

"Agreed." Taylor chuckled lightly. "Yeah i am. First year. In case you didnt already gather that." She said awkwardly. "Most people have a strange ability to know who the first years are." Taylor shrugged, it was true. "What year are you in?"

Cyndi smiled, "We can tell especially if you're really nervous. It's mostly the first years who act that way. After that, you just get used to everything. Me...oh, I'm a 6th year, and my name's Cyndi by the way." Cyndi suddenly felt really old as she realized how many years older she was than the girl before her. She remembered when she was in her first year and would walk around observing rather than participating in the goings on at the school.

Taylor relaxed a bit not wanting to seem nervous. It worked surprisingly. "Hey Cyndi. Oh, your one of the prefects arent you?" She remembered hearing the name. Sixth year, it seemed so far away, but Taylor knew it would come for her all too quickly.

"Yea. I am" Cyndi said as she opened her sweatshirt and showed the girl the badge that she had pinned onto her t-shirt. "So, how are you liking your classes?" Cyndi asked the girl.

Taylor smiled and shifted her weight from her left foot to her right. "Classes are going great and i dont even have the ones i was most looking forward to yet." She couldnt wait for Charms and Trasfiguration, but she didnt have them yet. "What classes do you take?" Thinking there would be a larger variety as she was older.

"That's definitely a good sign" Cyndi said, glad to here that the girl was enjoying her classes. "Well, this semester, I have it really easy. Just Charms and Transfiguration. But next semester, I'll be taking Defense Against the Dark Arts, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes and maybe Herbology" Cyndi said as she counted them off on her fingers. She knew she was forgetting one. "Oh and Potions too!" she added as it came to her mind.

Taylor listened to Cyndi talk about her subjects and she nodded at the appropriate times. "Sounds good." She smiled. "Im looking forward to Arithmancy, my Dad said it was a really good subject." Taylor said absently.

"Yea...Manteia's kind of strict, but I love the class" Cyndi said, "So where were you headed?" she asked to keep the conversation going.

"Had to expect strict teachers really." She smiled and snorted a light laugh. "Id just been to the Gardens, i get so bored nowaday and its nice outside. I was going to go back up, but i dont know if i want to. How about you?" She looked up at the sky and then back at Cyndi.

" Cool...I dunno. Just wandering, i guess" Cyndi said with a shrug, " I figure I better enjoy this weather now because pretty soon it is going to be too cold to want to leave the castle. I might head to the pitch in a while...Do you play quidditch?"

"Sounds good." Taylor smiled. She nodded when Cyndi said she was heading the the pitch, she stopped nodding at the question. "I have played, but not in a while, apart from flying lessons of course. I'll be out all the time once i learn though." She said thinking of the future and not being able to wait until they really got into the lessons.

"Are you gonna try out for the quidditch team?" Cyndi asked the girl, always eager to recruit players for the Gryffindor team.

"Most likely." Taylor said eagerly, she couldnt wait to be honest. "Are you part of the team?" Taylor asked.

"Yea...kind of" Cyndi said. Last year, she had been too busy studying for her OWLs to attend more than a couple of practices. "I play beater. How about you? What do you like to play?" she asked the girl. Cyndi loved to talk about quidditch and hoped she wasn't boring Taylor to tears with the talk.

Taylor nodded understandly and then thought about what position she would most like. "Probably seeker, ive always been good at stuff like that." She shrugged, with a smile. Hoping that one day she would be able to get onto the team. It would be a great experience. "Whats beater like?" She asked, genuinly curious.

Cyndi thought for a moment about what it felt like to be a beater. How could she describe one of the greatest feelings ever? she thought as she pictured it. "It's great. I love having that bat in my hands and flying around protecting my teammates. Especially if I've had a really bad day...just hitting the bludger with the bat is the ultimate stress release" Cyndi finished with a smile on her face. She really couldn't wait to get on the pitch.

( Just a question: Are we walking or still just standing around?)

Taylor chuckled a bit at the last part of Cyndi's explanation. "I can imagine." Shaking her head a little she looked to the sky absently, imagining herself on a broom up there. Free. "Flyings incredible. She stated, more to herself. She looked back down and snorted a small laugh, for no particular reason.
((I thought we were standing still. :p ))

Cyndi smiled and the urge to fly grew stronger. "Do you want to go down to the pitch now and race around?" Cyndi asked as she began to pull her wand out. If Taylor said yes, she figured she could save some time by bringing their brooms to them rather than going all the way upstairs to get their brooms.

((ok :D ))

Taylor perked up at the idea of flying. "Im not very good, but it would be great to get some practice in with someone that plays." She said eagerly. "It sounds like a great idea." She grinned, but wondered why the girl had got her wand out.

Cyndi's smile widened as the girl decided to join her in flying. "Ok...you might want to step back" Cyndi said as she flourished her wand. She opened her mouth and clearly said "Accio Cyndi's Sienna Storm" and waited. She heard it racing through the air before she saw it, and quickly enough, her Sienna Storm arrived from her dorm room. Cyndi hoped it had not banged into anyone in the process. It stopped right in front of Cyndi and she grabbed it with the hand that was wand-free.

When it was in her grip, Cyndi turned to Taylor and asked, "Would you like me to summon yours here too?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back