Wandering in the Late Afternoon

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
Zoe had just finished her homework, and decided to take a little walk in the forbidden forest. She saw some squirrells running up some trees as she was walking along the outskirts of it. She wouldn't dare go deeper into the forrest, alone.

Rhyspa was walking up the path from the lake when she saw Zoe-Hope walking along the outskirts of the forest. She took a detour off the path to greet her friend.

"Hey, Zoe!" Rhyspa said, grinning. "What are you up to?"

Zoe was a little startled when she saw Rhyspa, "Hey Rhyspa! I'm just taking a little walk by the forest here." She said, "So how was your summer vacation?"

As she was saying this, she noticed that the sky was getting a little orange, and the sun was just beginning to set.

"Mind if I join you?" Rhyspa asked. "I'm a little bored." Which was true, she hadn't had much to do the past few days since they'd returned to school.

"My vacation was okay. It was nice to see my family. Da was still a bit mad about my wizarding heritage," she confessed.

"Really? Oh, well I hope all turns out well in the end with your dad and you." She said. "My dad was too busy with the ministry work to realise I was even home." She said, with a sigh.

"You want to go on a little adventure?" She said, but then realising the sun was going down, and it would eventually get too dark for two people to go in the forbidden forest. She wondered if anyone else would come.

"Sorry about your Da, Zoe," Rhyspa said. She hesitated to answer her question about the forest. She wasn't too comfortable going in there, with all that had occured recently. "I'm not too sure, Zoe. It's getting dark," Rhyspa said. She'd heard tales of horrible creatures in the forest, and she didn't want to take her chances, but she was itching for adventure. "Maybe we could just go in a little bit. Not too far," she said.

"Okay." Zoe said with a mischevous smile. She took her wand out, lumos she said, as she slowly began to walk into the forest.

Rhyspa grinned. Lumos she muttered. She took in all of the sights; trees, plants, and the little animals. "Zoe! Did you see that?" Rhyspa asked as a pair of bright white wings soared over their heads. "I think it was an owl!"

Zoe had just missed what Rhyspa had seen. "Darn, no! It's alright, we'll probably see a couple more!" She said. She decided to play a little prank on Rhyspa. nox she whispered, and she ran behind the nearest tree trying not to make a sound.

Rhyspa was too caught up in her wonderment of the forest, she didn't even notice Zoe slip away. She looked to her left, where Zoe had been and began to get worried. "Zoe!" she called out. "Zoe! Where are you! I swear, if you don't show up soon, when I find you-" she let out a frustrated 'arghh'.

Zoe tiptoed silently behind Rhyspa, then whispered, Boo, in her ear, and took a quick step back, hoping she wouldn't get angry.

Rhyspa shrieked, then clasped a hand over her mouth. "Zoe!" she whispered harshly, "Why'd you do that!" She wasn't really mad at her, just flustered.

Zoe couldn't help but start laughing. "Sorry, I couldn't help it!" She joked. She lit her wand again, deciding not to do it again. She walked a little further, and saw a few more owls shoot across above their heads.

"Rhyspa, look!" She exclaimed, there were so many, of them going in the same direction.

"It's okay, just don't do it again," she said. Rhyspa followed silently behind Zoe, not wanting to get lost from her friend. When Zoe pointed out the owls, she grinned. "They're so elegant and graceful," she said.

Zoe smiled, she didn't have an owl. I should probably get one sometime soon. she thought to herself.

"I wonder where they are all going?" She wondered aloud, then realised they were going pretty far into the forest.

"I don't know," Rhyspa said. "I'd like to find out, but it's getting darker. I think curfew's going to set in soon." She hated being such a worry-wart, but it was her nature.

"Then do you want to run?" She said half-joking "We'll make it twice as fast!"

Rhyspa laughed, "Yes. Running makes it all the more tense." Rhyspa broke out into a sprint, looking behind to see if Zoe was following her.

Zoe began to run right after Rhyspa, and caught up to her. She was running next to her, when they came to a slight opening, where there were all the owls just sitting there.

"Woah!" She said, "I wonder what they are doing here, of all places!"

Rhyspa skidded to a hault when she caught sight of the owls. "Whoa..." she breathed. "Zoe? Do you by any chance have a magical camera?" she asked, really wanting to take a picture of the sight. "I've no clue as to why they're all here. Maybe its mating season? Or a family reunion?"

"Nope, I don't. Sorry." She said. "They're so pretty!" She said, as she walked up to a black and white one. She reached her hand out to pet it, when it turned it's head and bit her! "Ouch!" She yelped as it bit her. She quickly backed away, leaving a little bit of a blood trail with every step she took.

"It's alright," she said, when her friend told her she didn't have a camera. Rhyspa was enthralled by the owls. She was brought out her gaze when she heard Zoe say 'Ouch!'. She rushed to her friends side to examine the wound. "It's not deep, but if its not treated soon I think it'll leave a scar. And we don't want that to get infected. We don't know what's been in that owls beak."

Zoe turned to Rhyspa, "Yeah, your probably right. Do you want to go now?" She said, beginning to suck on the cut.

Rhyspa nodded her head, wanting to get out of the forest. "They're so beautiful."

Zoe was headed for the way they came from, when she heard some hoots coming from behind her. She turned around and saw that the owls had began to chase after her.
She gave out a huge scream, and ducked her head just in time to avoid the first attack.
She turned to see Rhyspa, and saw that some other owls were heading her way. Zoe turned and ran in the direction she thought they came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back