Wandering by twilight.

Renesmee Rochers

A few stars were visible in the dusky sky.The sun had almost set over the horizon.It seemed that it was going to be a dark night withough the moon light.The wind blew in light a breeze and the surroundings were calm.Autumn was approaching slowly.Leaves were becoming orange and falling off the branches of trees.The lawns were yellow-green and the shadows of trees were full of orange leaves.
Out of the entrance hall a figure stepped onto the lawns and wandered aimlessly.This was Renesmee Rochers.She wore a black leather coat over thin white cotton shirt,a plaid short skirt and black stockings under black platforms.It was a bit chilly outside but Renee always felt more colder than others.
She glanced at the Black lake reflecting the golden beams of the setting sun.He eyes slid over the cliffs and came to fix on the forest.She had never tried to venture it but she thought that she didn't want to miss anything.She made a set her pace smooth and slow as she glided towards.
She came near the edge and without hesistation she stepped into the forest.The trees were pretty old but sparse.She walked on and the with drew her wand from the pockeet of her coat.She lighted it with a simple spell and then continued deeper still into the forest .He pace was slow as she took in her surroundings but her wand light was not very bright and she could see only a few inches in radius.

Immy was sitting on the grounds looking out at the setting sun, which was slowly setting over the lake. It felt strange now to look out at the lake and begin to remember all that had happened. She'd found herself many nights staring out at the lake from this usual spot. She thought that if she just sat and thought about it then she could make heads over tails of it. She was begin to think about writing it down. She'd not dared to tell anyone about it yet. She didn't want them know about it. It would be a secret. Immy stood up and brushed the grass off her white jeans and striped t-shirt. She picked up her jacket and placed it on. It maybe spring but Immy still felt a small chill, though summer was definitely on it's way. As Immy turned round she noticed a girl whom she remembered from a few of her classes. Immy noticed that the girl was heading towards the forest. Immy shrugged to herself and then continued back up to school. Once at the doors Immy looked round. She couldn't see the girl anymore. Immy was a little worried, the forest from what she had heard was dangerous and forbidden. Immy mentally kicked herself for wanting to go and see where the girl went. She took a look into the school before walking towards the forest.

It didn't take long to reach the very edge of the forest. Immy pulled out her wand and muttered the spell a girl, Andy, who was in fourth year had taught her and a boy Wiremu. It glowed brightly. Immy held it in front of her as she took her first steps into this forbidden place. Immy glanced around her every second. She couldn't see where the girl had gone. Immy cursed at herself for being so curious and not thinking before she did anything. As Immy walked she noticed a small dim light. Immy was pretty sure that was the girl. As quietly as she could Immy made her way over to the girl. When Immy wasn't too far from the girl but not too close as to scare to her Immy spoke.

"It isn't really wise for us to be out here" Immy's voice was quiet. She was unsure if what she had said had meant anything at all and to show that the two were breaking the rules.

Renesmee noticed that something was moving ahead of her.She took out a miror from her robe pocket and pointed her wand at it.It reflected her wand's light so that it fell on the forest floor.

Renesmee saw that something glowing was moving ahead.When she shone light on it she realised that it was a cute little creature with one leg and a single antler on top of which a small light glowed.

Renesmee smiled at the cute thing."Oohh!" she said in a babish voice,"Alent you da cutest cletule."she said in a cooing tone.She hadn't talked baby language since the time she was at her family friend's house who had just had a baby.

She lowered her wand as she realised that it was too bright for the creature.She straitened up and realised that the creature had started walking.She continued walking behind the creature mesmerized by it's cuteness.It hopped high infront of her it's light bobing up and down eerily.

Just then she heard a girl's voice behind her.She knew that she was not a wanderer like her but had simply come to warn her.She spoke without turning arround,"Yes it isn't,according to the school rules at least."she merely agreed."But I believe in findin out for myself what they are trying to forbid us."she said simply resuming her walk as she realised that the creature had gone quite ahead of her.

"I am not sure if you share my belief.But it's curiousity in another name."she said as she advanced deeper into the forest.She knew not that the girl would protest or agree on what she was doing but she was quite distracted by the sight of the creature,which she did not know,was a Hinkypunk

Immy looked curiously to the girl standing in front of her. Immy was curious about the forest. She knew that there were dangerous things in it but how dangerous could they be. Immy moved towards the girl who appeared to be following a creature. A creature of which Immy had no idea what it was. Immy was now very curious about the forest. She walked until she was beside the girl. Giving a small glance forward to where this creature might be.

"I think I share your belief. I'd rather feed my curiosity and find out for myself than be told." Immy said quietly. "Do you have a name?" Immy asked the girl while still looking ahead for the creature the girl beside her was following.

Renesmee was happy that this girl wasn't the kind who would go and tell a professor,she was about introduce herself when the girl asked a question at which Renee burst out laughing.

"Of course I have a name.Do you reckon it slipped out of my parent's mind to name me?"she said still laughing."I'm Renesmee Rochers,Hufflepuff.But I you can call me Renee.Such long names are a drag for some to speak.Some call me R just out of laziness but I prefer Renee."she said ending there.

She had feared loosing the trail of the creatur but it had seemed to stop bouncing and was on the forest floor.It seemed determined to take her with it.Maybe it wanted to show her something.

Immy smiled and nodded. She did realise it was a little of a stupid question but Immy had been at a little loss at what to say to the girl, called Renee. Immy smiled and nodded again.

"I'm Imogen Day but everyone calls me Immy." Immy said quietly. "So what are we following?" Immy asked curiously as the girl, Renee seemed to be very set on following a creature. Immy hoped the girl might know what it was because Immy didn't have a clue, she hadn't read much into the creatures of the magical world.

Renesmee walked on and the creature resumed it's bouncing.She knew that she had seen a picture of the creature in a book in the library called,Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them by Newt Scamander.

"Well it's nice to meet you Immy."Renee said with a smile to the girl."This creature is a Hinkypunk,that I know,but I dont know anything else about it.I saw a picture of it in a book in the library."she explained.She didn't know what it could do but it seemed pretty harmless.

"It is a very cute creature.It seems harmless."she told Immy to clear any doubts of what the Hinkypunk could do.

Immy smiled and nodded. A hinkypunk. She had no idea what that was but would have to take Renee's word that it was one. She wasn't too sure that the creature would be harmless as most things weren't but Immy followed the girl as she continued to follow this creature. It appeared to Immy that she didn't know much about the creatures of this new world. Immy smiled at Renee.

"Cool, seems like a very interesting creature"Immy said, her voice still quiet. "I do hope it's harmless otherwise." Immy stopped and took a small breathe. "I think we should head back. We might get lost if we go in too far."

Renesmee considered what Immy said.She was talking sense ,it was quite dark and Renee couldn't see much infront of her.She saw that the Hinkypunk had taken lead.She was recalling stories from her childhood.She remembered her mother had told her a story about Hinkypunks.

She stopped and turned to look at Immy,"I think you are right.Maybe I will come back tomorrow or some other day."she said with a sigh.She knew that they might end up in detention if they were caught.

Immy nodded. She was pretty sure she'd be able to make it back to the grounds with her name friend. Immy turned around to where they had just walked from and gave a small sigh. Hopefully they weren't lost already. She turned her head to look at Renee. Immy wondered if she knew the way back better than Immy did.

"I think it's that way."Immy said pointing in front of her. "I'm not exactly sure. Do you a good way to get out?"

Renesmee turned arround too.She was sure that they hadn't taken any turns."Yeah I also think it's that way,I mean we didn't take any turns."she said hoping that she was right.The trees were thick here and she couldn't see the sky.Renee walked on the way trying to make out if they had left any foot prints but the roots were tangled and jumbled and they must have been stepping on them so no foot prints

Immy took one last looked around her before following Renee. She agreed that they hadn't taken many turns so it would be pretty easy to find a way out. As Immy caught up with Renee, she thought that she like to get to know her. She seemed like a very lovely person and knew would make a good friend. While walking carefully through the forest, Immy looked to Renee and smiled friendly at her.

"So, Renee are you interested in animals?"Immy asked, hoping it would take too long to get out the forest.

Renesmee picked her step carefully through the uneven path.She was quite clumsy sometimes and had to avoid falling down."Yeah I am,a little,but I've got eyes only for the cute ones.I'd like to meet a unicorn someday."she said thinking of the great sight.
She realised that she had passed the hollow trunked tree that she had seen it on her way in."So what house are you in?"she asked her hoping that she could make friends with her.

Immy nodded. Immy had a soft spot for cute animals. Who didn't. Immy herself had a cute kitten, which spent most of the time roaming around Gryffindor tower. Immy remember that Renee had told her that she was in Hufflepuff and Immy had not said which she was in.

"Gryffindor."Immy said proudly. "Unicorns? Amazing. Do you have any animals?"

"No,but I want to get one.My parents say that I am too small to take care of one but now since I am eleven and have started hogwarts I will emotionally blackmail them into buying me one."she said with a mischievious grin.
"But I do live with one.My brother's a pig"she said laughing.Jared was truly a pain and he acted like a pig.Renesmee had made plans of transfiguring him into a pig once she had learnt the spell.But unfortunately that wouldnt be until she became older.

Immy continued to looked ahead nodding as Renee spoke. She laughed with Renee as she talked of her brother. Immy smiled at Renee, glad to have a made a friend in this dark forest. Immy all guessed that they weren't too close to getting out either.

"I have a cat. A little Kitten. I didn't tell my parents I bought one, but they are too far away to really have a say about it." Immy said. "I'm from Wales, which is very far away so my parents can't really tell me what I can and can't do right now. Where are you from?"

Renee was starting to get weary.Had the creature led them into a trap?She didn't know.She was hoping that they did not meet any other creatures and her biggest fear was snakes.
"I live in London,i'ts my birth place.I hope I dont have to go back there during the holidays.When me and my brother get-together we blow up the house.I'm happy that he is not in school with me."she told Immy.She had hated Jared back up to the times she could remember.
"I'm a mixed blood, both my parents are mixed blood.There hasnt been a pure blood in our family as far as the family tree goes.They have all been in Hufflepuff,only my so-called-brother,who is in Gryffindor in Hogwarts scotland."she told her.She was happy that she had finally found someone who she could talk to_Others didn't seem intrested.

Immy nodded. She was growing tired of this walking but knew it wouldn't be long till they'd get out. Immy knew they needed to stay optimistic and focused on getting out. She smiled, Renee really hated her brother. Immy just smiled, families will be families.

"London, cool. I'm half blood. My mother's a witch and my dads a muggle" Immy said. "We should stick together here in New Zealand. We're both a long way from home. British people should stick together in this new place." Immy said with a smile at her new friend. Surprised that in these conditions Immy had been able to make a friend. "What do you say?"

"Yeah we should.Everything here seems so different that I get scared sometimes.I havent recieved a single letter from my parents.I feel so isolated I dont know if I will go back during Christmas.I dont know how I will go back."she said sadly.Even though she didn't want to see her brother she loved her parents very much and didn't like to be away from them.Now it seemed that the trees were looking less old and she could see a few stars in the sky over the canopy of leaves.

((Do you really want us to get lost or is it okay if we make our way back easily?))

How about we get them out and then they can sit outside on the grounds and become better friends?

Immy nodded. She was the opposite from Renee, she'd received word from home. Not from her parents but from her sister. Immy smiled, she was pretty sure that it wasn't long till they were out of the forest.

"I've gotten one letter, from my sister. I'm going back at christmas for her. I'll hopefully be able to get flights back." Immy said with a smile. "I find it really confusing that I've just come from summer in Wales and here it's turning to summer. Confusing. I'm sure you'll receive something soon. It probably just takes longer."

((Cool))

"Yeah maybe I will.Or else I will send them an owl."she said the smile returning on her face."It is confusing,the weather.It is summer here during Christmas and the long holidays are actually winter holidays."she said but was not sure it it made sense.

She didn't want to stay in the southern hermisphere during the Christmas holidays because Christmas was supposed to be all snowy and it meant snowmans and snow fights and snowangels all over the place.If she stayed here she would not see winter this year because it would be summer here during the first holiday and since you cants stay in the castle for the long holidays it would be summer in Britain.

Her chain of thoughts broke as they stepped out into the edge of the forest."It's good we werent lost."she said with a sigh of relief.She looked towards the castle with it's windows glowing brightly.The lake reflected it and looked beautiful."Lets sit down by the lake shall we?"she asked Immy.

Immy nodded. She was utterly confused by it all. Of course she'd packed both summer and winter clothes. Though had more winter clothes than summer, which Immy guessed to be a catch of living in a cold country. Immy was glad to see the school grounds. She agreed that it was good that they weren't lost

"It is good we weren't lost" Immy said agreeingly. She looked over to the lake, it looked beautiful. Of course it was. It always was. So inviting and perfect. Immy nodded and smiled. "Yes let's go sit." Immy smiled at her friend, glad she'd met her, Renee seemed like a very good friend.

[Shall I start it or do you want to?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back