Wandering around for the first time

Arial Wright

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Neita took a breath, looked around then walked into the Forbidden Forest, it was getting dark. Neita had always been one to follow the rules but now she couldnt believe she'd been at hogwarts for a year and was probably the only student who hadnt been in the forbidden forest. There were still a few days till school started and not everyone had arrived yet so she figured if she got caught it couldnt be thaaat bad.

Neita wandered around, she loved nature and she loved the smell of the forest. She walked around for ages then finally she sat down. "I will conquer all fears" she muttered quietly. She heard what sounded like a wolfs howl and she shivered nervously. 'If only there was someone else here to help me conquer my fears' she thought to herself. She heard rustling in the bushes and she froze.

Ares crept up behind the girl he could tell she seemed a little nervous so he decided to add to her fears, he waited till he was right behind her before whispering in her ear "BOO!"

Neita was on her nerves, when she heard something whisper in her ear, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Neita scremed at the top of her lungs.

A sly smile flickered across Tichondrius' face. He'd watched as the boy snuck up on Neita and scared her. 'Two can play at that game,' he thought. Creeping silently across the forest floor, he rose up silently behind the boy. His hand snaked out, grabbing him around the throat and he flicked out the scabbard of his dagger, which was had a thin layer of iron around the leather, and pressed the cold iron against his throat, and jabbed him in the back with a stick. "Boo to you too," he whispered into the boy's ear, the tone of his voice promising a world of hurt if he struggled.

As Neita screamed Ares reached out and put his hands over Neitas mouth to silence her screams, before he could see Neitas reaction when she turned around he felt an arm grab him and press cold iron to his throat. Ares froze his hands left Neita mouth and dropped to his side, he felt his whole body shaking with fear

"Boo to you too" said an unfamiliar voice. First thought into Ares mind 'Deat Eater' "Neita RUN!!!" Ares screamed at the top of his lungs.

A voice yelled "Neita, RUN!" Neitas first instinct was to run she took two steps forward fast, by then her second reaction kicked in, she had recognized the voice, she spun around "Ares?" she asked confused. Neita got a quick look at what was happening then burst out laughing, Ares had scared her and in return he had been scared. "Tichondrius! Hey!"

"Yo," Tichondrius said in greeting, flicking her a jaunty wave, stowing the scabbard away under his robes and tossing the stick aside. "Got him back for ya," he continued laconically, leaning back lazily against a nearby tree trunk. "I thought he was gonna faint for a moment there though," he said. Rummaging under his robes, he pulled out a pack of chocolate sticks, tore it open and plucked one out and starting eating it slowly. "Have one ?" he asked, offering it to Neita and the boy.

[it says completely open but if you wish me to edit - no worries]

Andromeda had not been into the forest in some time, she had made her peace with it along time ago but needed now to walk there again. She was enjoying the silence the forest afforded, knowing that the majority of birds and animals scurried when she came near. It didn't bother her anymore either, sometimes you just get used to certain things in life.

She heard a scream, very high pitched and turned about quickly wand out at the ready. She had missed using it over the summer and was looking forward to using it if it were necessary now. When she made her way to where the sound had come from though, it was only to discover a few younger students just larking about. Quickly she put her wand away and shrugged.
"Sorry thought there was actually some one in trouble".

[no its fine! it is open :D ]

Neita grinned as Tichondrius said he got him back, and she turned to face Ares and giggle as Tichondrius added he thought he was gunna faint. He offered them a chocolate stick, Neita heard her tummy rumble she giggled "Yes please!" as she accepted one.

A older girl apeared through the bushes and apologized saying she thought someone was in trouble, Neitas face turned beet red and she looked down at the ground "Sorry.. I should'nt've screamed" Neita looked up and smiled inocently at the older girl

Ares spun around confused at Neitas adressing thre voice in a friendly tone, he saw a boy his age. Ares face flushed with embrassment and he moved away from the boy.

"Got him back for ya," the boy said Ares growled unaudibly under his breath. "I thought he was gonna faint for a moment there though," the boy continued, Ares face got darker as he bore holes with his eyes into the boy. He offered Ares and Neita chocolate sticks and Ares moved away sulkingly and pretended not to hear him.

Ares climbed a nearby tree and sat on a lower branch, it made him feel like he wasnt exactly with them, but since he didnt wanna leave as they would take it as shame he wanted them to be able to see him.

Tichondrius turned as an older girl appeared, wand out apparently ready for trouble. "Yeah, we're all fine here. The kid here," he said, jerking his thumb at the boy who had climbed up to sit on a rather low branch, and was obviously sulking. "Tried to scare Neita, succeeded, then I succeeded in jumping him." His eyes twinkled with amusement. "I'm not sure it was Neita you heard screaming though." Tichondrius extended his hand to the newcomer in greeting. "I'm Tichondrius Illitharis, she's Neita Wright and he's ... " Tichondrius looked up expectantly at Sulky.

Andromeda smiled as she put her wand back into the leather sheath she had made herself during the summer for her wand that hung from a belt around her waist. It saved carrying it or putting it into her pocket constantly considering how uncomfortable that had always been. The girl apologised for screaming while a boy came forward extending his hand while giving her an explanation. She followed the direction of his thumb indicating the other boy. Smiling at the hidden hint that it was this boy would screamed and not Neita, Andromeda shook his hand.

"Hi Tichondrius, Neita" she nodded her head in the direction of the boy in the tree and couldn't help chuckling, "hey up there".

Turning back to the others she offered her hand to Neita as well. Might as well keep up the formalities.
"I'm Andromeda. So what brings you all to the forest then? You're not first years are you?"

[Mind if erm... stalk in :r: ]

Maisie had just come here to New Zealand to get away from all the filthy mud bloods back in Hogwarts Scotland, when she came across these creatures. Oh what joy it must be to be them, so happy and frolicky, it made Maisie want to puke. Despite this however she decided to walk over, she knew what darkness lurked around here, they had something quite similar back in Scotland except they had recently introduced Boggarts to scare students out, quite hilarious watching a mud blood squirm, it bought tears to Maisie's eyes. "Well, well, well, what do we have here, a bunch of a Hufflepuff's? You better watch out the boogeyman might come and get you" she smirked.

"I'm usually in the forest. If not on the fringes then in the forest itself. Saw him", jerked his thumb at Skulky again, "and decided to help Neita earn a little payback. Have one?" he said, offering Andromeda a chocolate stick, just as a new girl walked into the clearing.

He laughed as the newcomer warned them to watch out for the boogeyman. "I'm sure you'll be able to run away fast enough if he decides to come calling."

Tichondrius laughed again, and pulled himself upright. Slowly he began to walk closer to her. "Watch my back, eh? I might say the same for you, my dear girl. Why, here you all, on your own, in the Forbidden Forest, no one to help you, no one to hear you ... scream." He stopped, mere inches from her. "I daresay, my dear, I know far more about watching my own back than you do."

Tichondrius' hand shot out, a glint of silver in his hand, and the dagger stopped inches from her throat. "I'm sure of course, you can talk faster than my hand can twitch, witch." His eyes were blank and emotionless; the normal warmth noticeably absent from his eyes. He drew even closer to her, and he licked his lips lazily, as he pressed his wand into her stomach. "I learnt a few new spells recently. I've been meaning to try them but no one wants to volunteer." Tichondrius smiled wickedly, drawing lines gently against her throat with the tip of the dagger.

Andromeda had smiled but declined the chocolate stick when into the clearing came another girl. Turning to look at her Andy knew something wasn't quite right here. Besides the bad attitude of course, Andy shook her head every year there were those who arrived at the school attempting to unbalance the natural order of things and this one was no different.

She watched as Tichondrius stood up to her and admired his bravery, thinking he was more Gryffindor than Hufflepuff in that moment. Seeing the girl pull out her wand as well, Andy's was out like a light.
"I'd put your wand away again and just go on your merry way. There was nobody bothering you here and no body certainly invited your unwanted presence here. Be careful who you point that at, you're a newcomer you don't really want to get into trouble in your first week now do you?"

Andromeda's amber eyes blazed, she could control her anger to a certain degree but when some misfit came along threatening the students of the lower years then she had no problem unleashing it.
"Tichondrius I think you should put your knive away, we don't do that sort of thing here. There are rules of engagement, muggle weapons are not allowed."

Tichondrius nodded. "As you wish, milady," he said, bowing to her with a flourish. His eyes met hers for an instant, and he winked. Both dagger and wand disappeared into the folds of his robe, and he pulled out his box of chocolate sticks again.

Andromeda couldn't help but smile at the boy who she now recognised as one of those at Hoshi's party and also from the runes reading at the end of the last semester. He had astounded her by knowing what the stones were, while she hadn't a glimmer. Didn't even believe in them.
She inclined her head towards him with a smile and returned his bold wink, enjoying being called 'milady'.

Turning back to the other girl she frowned and waited for her to put her wand away. Even though she had asked Tichondrius to put his knife away she really hadn't meant him to put the wand away as well.

[wow!! lol sorry been busy with school]

Neita rolled her eyes as Ares walked away obviusly sulking. She smiled amused as Tichondrius suggested that it wasnt her who screamed. The older girl introduced herself as Andromeda and Neita shook her hand smiling, fear having passed that she would be in trouble.

Before Neita could say anything they were joined by another older looking girl who told them to watch out for the boogeyman, Neita looked at the girl oddly thinking sarcastically'Wow, thats mature'

Next thing she knew the new girl and Tichondrius were at eachothers throats. Neita watched in silence, unsure what to do but was saved by Andromeda saying it wasnt appropriate. As Tichondrius put his wand and knife away Neita bit her lip and waited for the new girls response.

Maisie hissed at the boy and placed her wand back in her pocket. 'What a hippy boy' Maisie thought, Hufflepuff's made her want to vomit. She turned to the other old girl and smirked at her "I'd rather stick pins in my eyes then listen to you yapping on" she snapped. The werewolf then turned to the quiet girl and fake smiled at her, she had noticed her watching them "and what are you looking at?" she stated, knowing she was going to be an easy target, from what she had seen of her.

Neita looked away, though she could hold her own in an argument she hated unnecessary confrontation "Nothing..." Neita muttured.

Andromeda turned to the strange girl again and shook her head.
"Oh I'm capable of more than mere yapping" she told the girl and seethed when she then turned her attention on the younger students again.

"Look why don't you just back off and wander further into the forest, I'm sure the centaurs would love to meet you" Andy was still getting the distinct vibe that there was something not quite right about the girl but couldn't put her finger on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back