Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Curly 17 Inch Whippy Sycamore Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Kengi Smile was simply studying on a bench on the second floor. He had been very busy the past few weeks, and he had managed to always find himself on the second floor. It was calming and this corridor was not as busy as the fourth one where his house was. Kengi was mostly a quite egg who did not like to get in to trouble. Then there was his godfather who was always not going to class and liked to make fun of people. Kengi did not understand how someone could be so nice to family but so rude to other people. It must be hard for Vincent to be a two-faced person. He still loved the guy with all his heart. He just wished that he would make better choices for himself and the benefit of others. Kengi simply sighed and continued to read his Potions textbook.

Chante, was slowly getting over the whole ordeal with Professor Pendleton. Though, if the rumor were true, she heard he has fallen ill due to stress. In a way, she worried and hoped he make a speedy recovery, in the same sense, she was keeping her distant from him. Not only him, but everyone else. Today, was no different. Chante wander aimlessly alone, stopping every now and then to speak with the portraits on the walls. She somehow ended up on the second floor, carrying on a topic on recipes. "You did that when you were alive, how was that possible?" she ask the woman in the painting, who nodded and went into details about baking in her time. From around the corner, she was disturbing a fellow Hufflepuff's chance to study.

Kengi was so close to finishing the Potions chapters he had missed out on, but there was this girl talking with the paintings that was being kind of loud. Honestly, he did not mind too much, but he did like his quiet when he was doing work. However, he was not in the library, so he could not regulate the noise level of others also on the second floor. Kengi packed up his stuff and decided to join the girl in her quest to annoyingly talk to the paintings. He put his satchel over his shoulder and walked over to the girl. "Who did what while they were alive?" he asked happily.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry this took me so long. It's midterm season!

"Oh, ah baking?" Chante, unexpectedly surprised by the newcomer. Nonetheless, she welcomes his random company. "She was speaking of the olden days. How they would use a stone and open fire? So, nothing really changed." Chante shrugged. Add a pot and spoon, she saw no difference. "I think it was the acorn that got to me. People actually ate them! I believe it, plants are use for cooking. I would think the nuts were used the same way." Chante shares in time as she pushed her messy lock from her sight. "I'm Chante. You're a first year, right?"

OOCOut of Character:
It's okay! No worries.

Kengi nodded as he adjusted the satchel that was over his shoulder. "You haven't had acorns before? My grandmother makes a delicious acorn pie!" he told the girl happily. Kengi enjoyed meeting new people. They helped him keep up his energy. Sometimes they also wore him out, but most of the time they didn't. "I'm Kengi Smile. A first year, and you're in Hufflepuff right? I think that I have seen you around the house." he questioned the girl after introducing himself.

"Dunno, not an ingredient I'm familiar with." The second year shook her head, and fixed her posture. She feeds off his positive energy by smiling and is elated to meet someone new. "Yeah, I'm either making a mess or trying to stay out of trouble. Chante Ateara, erm, second year." She repeated her name, since he was being so formal and all. Chante, respectfully went along. "Can you taste it when you cook with it or no?" Curiously, she would ask him instead of the woman painting how that works. The woman scuff, and went back to being a portrait.

Kengi chuckled. Acorns had a lot of uses. However, one never heard about acorns unless the topic was on squirrels or something. The boy nodded as Chante introduced herself. She had a beautiful name. Kengi liked his own name, but it was kind of weird and interesting to say. "You have a really nice name." he complimented the girl before he chuckled at her question. "Of course you can taste the acorn! It's called acorn pie for a reason." he told her gently trying to be careful not to hurt her feelings, even though he did think the question was a bit ridiculous.

Chante blushed, smiling ever so brightly. "Thanks. Your name is pretty too." Pretty? She would smack her own forehead if he weren't around. She wanted to say unique, instead of pretty. Pretty sounded girlish. "True, but some ingredients don't always have to be notice in the food." She chimed in, matter-of-factually. "Like, onions for an example. If you chop one down really, really tiny, you wouldn't notice or actually taste the onion. Meaning, the ingredient not overbearing!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back