OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
It had been a good night, dancing with Nicole, spending the night with her at the ball had been nice. He’d admit it had also been a little awkward, he wasn’t sure why but he hadn’t had the courage to actually ask her about the pinkness of his rose. He kept moving to stand a bit closer and then moving back. It was like he wasn’t sure how to go about this with her, and he was oblivious as to if she found it any easier. But it hadn’t been a bad night, they’d danced, talked. Ajax had been sure to take her picture and get their picture taken. He had decided as the night wrapped up that he’d walk back to her common room, It felt a little silly but also right. ”I had a great time tonight,” he said as they moved down to the dungeons.

Nicole didn't think she'd been more nervous in her life. She'd been waiting for Ajax to ask her to a dance again ever since second year, and now he finally had, she barely knew what to say to him all night. She didn't even think she could enjoy dancing properly, it felt like she'd spent the entire time rigorously checking where her feet were and whether her dress was slipping down or anything else equally mortifying. But she had somehow managed to not make a complete fool of herself, and now that the night was ending, Nicole found herself not wanting it to be over. Maybe she and Ajax could keep hanging out and she could be nervous forever.

"Yeah, yeah it was a lot of fun," she said, pleased that Ajax wanted to walk her back to the dorm. They'd probably have more time if she offered to walk him up to the Towers, but then she'd have to walk all the way back in heels. "I, um-" Nicole faltered, trying to think of what to say as the back of her hand brushed Ajax's as they walked. She'd been wanting to ask about the rose, if it was just a formality to ask her to the dance. If he still meant it. Nicole was distinctly aware she'd only sent a pink rose to Adorah, and only because she knew she never had a chance. With Ajax things suddenly felt a lot more real, and she didn't know if she had the guts to ask.

Ajaccio smiled, he felt his hand brush against hers, and looked to her with a growing blush on his cheek, before he just reached out with his hand and brought it close to her, opening it and clearly looking to take her hand but inviting her to take his hand as the final gesture, he didn't just want to grab her hand. "I ehh..I can't believe the last time we did this like three years ago," he decided to say, remembering the last time they'd gone together. "Do you still want to come to France with me at some point?" he'd always been thinking about the trip he'd promise to take her on, "Next year we'll be able to apparate...so...we could maybe start planning?" He offered.

Nicole cut her eyes downward when she saw Ajax move his hand, wondering for a moment if he was about to take hers. He didn't, but the invitation was clear, and Nicole supposed since he had gone and actually sent her a rose and everything, she should probably be the bold one this time, reaching out to lace their fingers together. She just hoped Ajax couldn't feel her heart racing through her palms. Or notice how sweaty they probably already were. "Took you long enough-" She started, folding her lips over her teeth to stop herself mid-sentence, "I mean, yeah. It was overdue. I think. I enjoyed last time, too," she said instead, glancing at Ajax as they walked further into the dungeons. It was quieter down here and Nicole was finding it hard to focus on things that weren't their linked hands or the fluttering in her chest.

Ajax's mention of France made Nicole smile though, ducking her head down to hide the small, sincere feeling she was sure was all over her face when he brought it up. It had seemed like a dream when they'd been talking about it as kids, but Ajax mentioning it now, it actually sounded like a possibility. And the idea that he still might want her to go with him made Nicole's chest feel warm. "Yeah? I'd really like that. You'll have to show me all the cool places. So you better not ditch me," she said sternly.

[sorry this is so slooowwwww. I'm bad at OSW and replying in general right now apparently]

Ajaccio felt his hand grow immediately a little sweaty when she took his hand. He gave a little smile as she started. He gave a nod, "If I say that every time I saw you, I got too nervous," he told her which wasn't too untrue. He also hadn't wanted to ask her in case she said no. But he was quite pleased that she remembered his offer of france and even seemed to still be interested in it. "I'll be your personal tour guide, show you all the best tourist and off the beaten track areas, there's a few wonderful book shops in the magical side of Paris which are beautiful," he said with a little smile. He wouldn't ditch Nicole if they went to France together, he wouldn't want her to have a bad time. But they were approaching the door to the common room and he felt like he maybe needed to say more than just how much he would show her in paris but he oculdn't find the words.

Nicole felt like her entire world had shrunk down to the feeling of Ajax's hand in hers. It was like she'd spent so long pretending she didn't want this that now she had it she didn't know what to do with herself. "I-what?" She said, looking back up suddenly when Ajax spoke, not sure if she understood, or if he was being serious. "I don't think I've seen you nervous like, ever," she said with a nervous smile of her own. "Not like me, I'm a mess, just all the time," she said, shaking her head.

She tucked her chin down, smiling fondly at the ground as Ajax talked about France. It sounded like a dream, and Nicole hated the idea of getting her hopes up for something like that, but a part of her, the part holding Ajax's hand right now perhaps, really believed they might actually be able to do it. "That sounds.. Perfect," she said, turning slightly to stop as they reached the entrance to the Slytherin dorms. If she didn't look at the door, she wouldn't have to step through it. Though it did mean she was face to face with Ajax now. "Um. Thanks. For tonight," she said, unable to help giving Ajax's hand a squeeze in her own.

Ajaccio gave a little laugh and nodded, "I get nervous, but probably not about things that make others nervous. Base jumping off cliffs no sweat but talking to a pretty girl...," he trailed off. He certainly didn't think Nicole was a mess but he knew his scale for mess was maybe different, like how he got nervous about different things. However after he talked about France they'd arrived and while still holding her hand he was face to face, and he hoped she didn't notice the blush to his cheeks. "Thanks for agreeing to come with me," he said, and he wondered if he should say more, his pink rose to her was supposed to mean crush, which Ajax was sure they both knew but should he...was that smart to...He didn't know how to say it. Or if he should, she was holding his hand and had agreed to dance but what if she didn't actually like him like that.

"About the rose....I meant it and it's okay if you don't really feel the same," he flexed his hand slightly in hers, "I don't want to put you on the spot, or force you to make a decision...or make this awkward, but I'd really like to take you on a date sometime, so just let me know if you'd like to whenever," He finished, his gaze moving down to their hands and back up at her, a nervous look sitting on his face, he would accept if she didn't want the same but he felt he should say it, should tell her, confirm his rose so she wasn't left wondering what it meant.

Nicole couldn't help but giggle hysterically at Ajax's response. It was so typical of him to say something like that, but the comment about pretty girls had her reeling. He had to be referring to her, right? Nicole hoped he was referring to her.

"I'm... Glad you asked," she said tentatively, giving Ajax a shy smile. Nicole had realized now she'd been waiting for Ajax to ask her for years now, she just hadn't fully realized it till now. Ajax's next confession made it feel like someone had let the bottom of Nicole's stomach drop out, a swooping, giddy, terrifying feeling as she struggled to try and nod or speak all at the same time and nearly choked. "Oh I-" Nicole stopped, taking a slow breath to regain some semblance of cool. If she was finally getting asked out on a proper date by a boy who wasn't a complete as*hole, she wanted to at least have some level of composure, "I'd really like that," she managed, even has her heart pounded in her throat. "Maybe we could talk details about it tomorrow?" Nicole definitely needed at least a few hours to freak out about everything and sigh into her pillow for a bit, though she didn't know if she could possibly sleep now. Instead, she leant forward, kissing Ajax lightly on the cheek and stepping back, face burning but her heart singing.

Ajaccio gave a slightly shy smile as she said she was glad he asked her. He obviously said his peace, knowing he would regret not saying it in this moment. He liked her and dancing around it wasn't the way to go. He didn't know what she would say or how she would feel. He hoped she liked him back, and he got the impression that she did but he didn't know for sure. But she said she'd like it and that they could talk about it tomorrow. "Yeah, tomorrow, it's a pre-date discussion," he said with an eager tone. He was surprised when she kissed his cheek and gave a little smile. "I'll never wash my cheek again," he lightly joked, knowing that he wouldn't otherwise know what to do. He did want to kiss her back but he didn't want to be too forward. So he raised her hand, and pressed a quick to her hand, thinking it a little dumb but wanting to not push too quickly or be too forward. "See you tomorrow," he said, letting go of her hand and taking a step back moving to begin walking away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back