Walking through the Lawn one Night.

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian was walking around having left the Yule ball, the night was quite lovely but Brian had to admit he was glad to leave the hot Great Hall and step out into the cool night air. He wondered if Kailey felt the same way or not. The grass was crunchy but Brian enjoyed walking on them anyways.

Kailey would be going home for the Christmas Break and Brian would be staying here, he was sure that his parents would not be pleased but at the moment he really didn't care, yet there was that feeling in his stomach that seemed to scream at him that something wasn't right in the world. Brian wondered what it was but also tried to ignore it.

Kailey walked out onto the lawn beside Brian, She looked out at the lake in the distance. The stars in the sky seemed to make it glitter slightly. She had most of her weight on her toes to keep her heels from sinking into the earth as they walked. The bottom of her dress almost dragging the ground, Nothing scorguify wouldn't fix.

She had had a wonderful time at the yule ball and was really happy she had spent it with Brian. But thoughts from a few nights ago came floating back into her mind. She remembered laying there on the couch in the common room in the dead of night questioning everything. Wondering if she should even stay at hogwarts or not. "[size=-1]Why? Why do I have to think about this now?[/size]" She whispered very quietly to where she could hardly hear it herself, let alone anyone else.She quickly broushed these thoughts aside, she was so intent on ignoring them that she didn't even notice the small shiver she gave.

"It's quite a nice night out isn't it?" Brian asked as they continued their walk.

"Yeah it is." Kailey replied accidently letting one of her heels sink into the ground. She quickly pulled her foot up getting the heel out of the ground and continued to walk along side Brian.

"um do you wanna get onto the road?" Brian asked having seen her foot sink into the ground he felt stupid for leading them out onto the grass.

"That would probably be better on these shoes." Kailey replied before nodding and turning towards the road.

"um.. who was that sitting with Professor Rambolt?" Brian asked curious he'd met the man before but didn't really know who he was since he hadn't had classes yet.

"Professor King, He's the Defense against the dark arts Professor." Kailey replied "You have DADA next term dont you?" Kailey asked remembering her own schedule from last year.

"yeppers!" Brian said excitedly, he was looking forward to the class even though the Professor probably didn't like him after what had happened the last time they'd met. "do you think the're going out? they looked rather cozy and I thought I saw them leave together" Brian said looking around to see if any Professor's were out.

"It seemed like it from what I saw" Kailey replied "I think you'll like DADA, It can be a pretty fun class at times." she added, But then again, considering how the two of them first met...Maybe it wont be so fun for him. Kailey thought feeling bad for sarting the two off on a bad foot. Then again, I doubt Professor King would dwell over something one student did when theres a whole school full of kids doing things wrong all the time. Who knows?

"I'm not sure, I guess" Brian said thinking things over the nudging feeling was growing as they continued their walk it was kinda like a drum banging in his stomach. "I'm gonna write an Article for Hogwarts Monthly about the Yule Ball" Brian said

"Really? Thats great!" Kailey replied feeling happy for him. She just couldn't shake off those doubtful thoughts she had had the other night. Oh I always overanalyze things....even old doubts.

"yeah I wrote one about Halloween, and I think I need to write one about Exam week. After that though I'm gonna write about everything that went on tonight" Brian said matter of factly "did you seen any other couples, besides us and Professor King and Professor Rambolt.

"Well there was Bruin and Keira...But I didn't see any other than them that you havent already mentioned." Kailey replied

"oh.." Brian said looking around the castle was alot nicer at dark especially on a day like this where the lights beamed off the nght sky.

Kailey gave a small nod of Acknowledgement but she was looking up at the moon and the stars. It was a beautiful night to be outside looking at it all.

"It's late" Brian said acknowledging the fact that they had been at the Yule Ball for quite some time as well as walking for almost an hour, time really flew by when you were with a person you enjoyed being with, or at least that's how Brian felt at the moment.

"It is...Maybe we should be heading back?" Kailey suggested though not really wanting to, but she knew being out after curfew would look bad. Where did the time go? I guess it is true time flys when your enjoying yourself. she thought

"Yeah we don't want to get caught by the professors" Brian said thinking that the Professor would probably be on high alert after what happened last Halloween.

Kailey nodded "That would not be good." She replied as they turned to walk back to the castle.

"so your going home tomorrow?" Brian asked remebering that Kailey had said she was not staying at Hogwarts for the Christmas hollidays.

"Yeah, I'm going home for christmas." Kailey replied "You're staying here aren't you."

"yeah spoke with my parents about it via Owl, they weren't too happy about it at first but they were alright with it even said they were going to send me my Presents in a few days" Brian said smiling as they made their way across the lawn and towards the school. "I think it'll be fun spending my first year here at school for Christmas, though I'm sure going home is going to be fun for you" Brian said.

"I hope so." Kailey replied as they walked She still needed to get Brian something for christmas.

Before Brian noticed they were already outside the Ravenclaw Commonroom it had been quite the long night but overall a sucess, "um well I'd better let you go... since you know... your leaving tomorrow" Brian said feeling very hot all of a sudden, though that was understandable considering they had just been outside in the cold air for over an hour and now were back inside and had walked up so many steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back