Walking around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaela's mouth dropped as she watched Lily slap Ford. Whoa! She couldn't believe Lily had done that, although she definitely didn't blame her or feel one ounce of sadness for Ford. It took her a few moments to regain herself, by which time Lily had already stormed off. She looked at Ford, giving him a nod and hurried off after Lily.

What do I say? she thought to herself, unsure of how to console her friend. I told you so is probably not the best option. "Lily that was great!" she said as she approached her, deciding that she would try to keep things light and cheery.

Lily heard Kaela, and despite crying, she busted out laughing. "Yeah, that felt pretty darn good actually." She smiled as the tears started to dry up a bit. She felt a bit better about it all. "I think that makes up a bit for how stupid I feel about believing that creep." She wiped her face on her sleeve, then turned to smile at Kaela. "I'm sorry you had to witness that. After everything with Estrella today. Here we should have been making you feel better and not making this about my stupidity."

Kaela was glad to see Lily was cheering up a bit. She smiled softly and laughed. "Sorry? Seeing you smack Ford was probably the highlight of my day! You definitely succeeded in making me feel better, don't worry." She wrapped Lily in a hug and smiled at her.

Lily breathed a sigh of relief. "I am glad you are not mad," she said with a chuckle, returning her friend's hug. "Should we head back up to our dorm room and see what kinda mess was left for us? Hopefully, Courtney has some chocolate stashed someplace still," she added, thinking that she was done with boys for a while and chocolate sounded good as a substitute.

"Ou, chocolate sounds good. Let's go!" Kaela grinned, grabbed Lily's arm, and began skipping toward the castle. She wanted to keep Lily in this happy mood as long as she could.

Lily followed Kaela's lead, skipping towards the castle. "I think she had some under her bed at one point. That is, unless Nanook got to it." She was a bit thoughtful, then said, "Too bad we cannot run off to Brightstone and buy some on our own. Or go get ice cream sundaes. Man, I am gonna get FAT!" Lily giggled, knowing that she would find something else to fill the void than food soon.

With his broom strapped to his left shoulder and his beaters bat in his opposite hand, Kale walked across the great lawn with large strides, waving the bat occasionally. He was on his way to the quidditch pitch in hopes to hit a few bludgers around and practice his flying. Kale had his green Slytherin hoodie up to protect him from the January chill, he hated cold weather. While being completely absorbed in what he was doing, he didn't think of much when he saw two figures coming toward him until they got closer; they looked to be Kaela and the other Lily Potter, who he knew pretty well. A smiled creased the sides of his mouth as he approached Kaela, "Hello ladies" Kale said while bringing down his hood to look at the both. He smiled at Kaela and opened his arms to give her a quick warm hug, "What are you two up to?" Kale inquired, giving Lily an acknowledging nod.

Kaela's mouth dropped when she saw Kale heading toward her. She stopped skipping and smiled widely, walking up to him and giving him a fierce hug. "Hey you! We're just heading back to our dorm. You just missed quite the scene." Kaela released Kale and stepped back to Lily, grinning. She hoped Lily would keep her happy mood and laugh about the fact that she had just slapped Ford and not be upset about it.

Lily looked around for the reason that Kaela stopped skipping and realized that Kale was heading towards them. She smiled, excited to finally get to see them together. When Kaela told Kale what had happened with Ford, Lily blushed red and bit her lower lip before she started to giggle. "Um, yeah. I guess I kinda caused a big scene over there." She jerked her head in the direction of where they had been talking with Ford. "But in my defense, he totally deserved it for leading me on like that." Lily smiled wide, then added, "Gotta admit though, slapping Ford felt darn good!"

Kale dangled his bat around Kaela as she hugged him tightly, as he released her and she told him that he had missed quite a show he arched his eye brows, "Oh really?" he inquired with interest, wondering exactly what he had missed. Kale looked at Lily as she spoke, he assumed that it was a guy that they were talking about and he rolled up his sleeves and cracked his knuckles jokily, "Okay...whose ass do I have to kick?" he said while animatedly swinging his beaters bat in the air. When Lily said Ford's name his mouth opened wide and he gasped, covering his mouth and trying to hide his own laughter. Afterall, what could Ford do that would get Lily so angry? "Wow! Back up a bit...Ford? Ford Harkonnen, Ford?" he asked quickly, assuming that it in fact was his best friend who Lily had slapped.

Kaela bit her lower lip, hoping Kale wasn't mad. "Yeah, he's the only Ford I know. I know he's your friend but he totally deserved it. He was such a butt." She bit her lower lip again, looking worriedly at Kale with wide eyes. Their relationship was so new she didn't know what to expect. She hoped he would understand.

Lily laughed at Kale's offer to go kick some butt. "Yeah. That Ford. And yes, he totally deserved it. After our walk and the way he was lirting after the Yule Ball, and then to full out ignore me just now, he deserves more than a slap across the face. But, I guess that will satisfy me. For now anyways." Lily got a devilish little grin on her face, some ideas of what else could be done to him floating through her head. She wasn't sure how much Kale would want to know about what Ford did after the Yule Ball, but she would have to tell if he asked.

Kale shrugged at the two girls, not sure exactly what Ford could had done to get Lily so upset. He nodded at Lily curtly, but he would much rather hear what Ford had to say on the whole situation then hear it from someone else, he was his best friend after all. "Well, that sucks.." he stated. Kale adjusted his broom on his left shoulder, debating on whether or not he should stop by their room to check on Ford. He sighed and ruffled his fingers through his hair, "You know what, I'll catch up with you guys later.." Kale spun Kaela in for a hug and a kiss before patting Lily on the back and broke into a quick stride across the lawn and toward the quidditch pitch, where he originally was heading for.

Kaela hugged and kissed Kale back, but she frowned as he walked away. What if he's upset? What if he gets mad at me for siding with Lily? Kaela knew it was silly to doubt her relationship with Kale but for some reason she just couldn't help but question, especially after he left so abruptly.

"Well Lily, I guess we should get upstairs that that chocolate." Kaela smiled weakly, trying not to let Lily see how down she now was.

Lily was a bit taken back when Kale left so fast. She thought that was a bit odd, but then again, she had just slapped his best friend. When Kaela suggested getting up to the dorm and finding chocolate, she figured it was a good thing. "Yeah, lets get moving. I am feeling the need for some sweets!" She tried to smile back, not quite sure what was going to happen next.

And with that Kaela grabbed Lily's arm and walked with her uptairs.

((And that's how I exit a thread. Oh yeah! :D ))

Ford was walking back towards the castle, carefully avoiding Lily and Kaela, and considering the events that had just transpired. As such, he wasn't entirely aware of his surroundings. Just in time, he noticed something moving from the corner of his eye, Oh sh1t! He thought, ready to duck into a nearby bush. However, closer inspection revealed it to be Kale.

"Hey Kale," he greeted, a small bit of relief entered into his voice.

Kale had thought he had seen his best friend in the distance and walked a bit quicker to catch up with him, he brushed a piece of his hair out of his face and and cocked his head to the side when he greeted him. "What the hell happened over there?" Kale asked, still trying his best not to laugh at why Lily had found any reason to hit him. He observed Ford's face, looking for any trace that Lily had left on his cheeks.

Ford hid his confusion over what had just happened quickly, transferring his mind to its normal asinine state. "Beats me," he grinned, "Aparently Lily thought we were to be something." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Kale bit his lip, still trying to hold back laughter. Finding it very difficult, he couldn't any longer, soon he was bending over laughing, "So Lily hit you because of that?" he asked, "I'm sorry Ford, I just can't get that picture out of my head." Kale said taking a deep breath in and trying to calm himself down.

Ford grinned in return, "Yeah, that's why," he said incredulously, taking advantage of Kale's reaction, "I don't understand it."

Kale took a deep breath in after laughing so hard, he bit his lip and once he felt like he regained himself, swung his beaters bat in the air. He raised his left brow and smirked, "Girls are weird." he said shaking his head, "I don't think I'll ever understand them.."

"I do not think such a thing is possible," Ford extrapolated, "They are beyond comprehension." Ford, for once, was finding it hard to be an ass, this time it was more of a charade, he needed some time to think. He had been under Sophia's thumb for a too much time and he didn't really know if he was being himself then, or if that was Sophia. Now that he was on his own, he needed time to think about what had just happened.

"I have got to go, Kale," Ford said, "My arithmancy homework needs doing," he sighed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back