Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily had followed Kaela out of the common room. After her conversation with Courtney, Lily asked Kaela if she had wanted to go on a walk. She figured it was best for Kaela and Estrella to be apart for a while. They really haven't said too much yet, but were walking around on the lawn, getting a bit of space. It was late afternoon, just before dinnertime. She wanted to try to figure out how to help her out with things, but was not sure what to say. Lily knew that she needed to tell Kaela about what happened after the Yule Ball as well, seeing as Ford was her ex. She didn't want things to be ruined between them as well.

"So, I didn't want to do this after everything with Estrella, but I really need to tell you something," Lily said tenatively as they walked along.

Kaela had agreed to walk with Lily, glad for the opportunity to get some fresh air, even if it was a bit cold. Courtney had to go study so it was just her and Lily. The silence didn't really bother Kaela, it gave her time to think and clear her head. Estrella had thrown her for a loop. Kaela couldn't say she was entirely surprised, but she had hoped Estrella had the sense not to act like that.

When Lily said she needed to tell Kaela something she turned and looked at Lily. She was a bit worried, wondering what it could be, but she didn't figure things could get too much worse than they already were. "Lily, you can tell me anything, especially after you defended me to Estrella." She smiled softly, hoping this might make things slightly easier on Lily.

Lily looked at Kaela sheepishly. "Well," she started, biting her bottom lip a bit, "I didn't want to do this right after all of that unpleasentness, but, I felt the need to be upfront with you. Um, well, there might be something starting between me and, um, Ford." Lily was stumbling over her words, hoping that Kaela wouldn't be too mad at her. She was nervous about what would happen. She didn't want to have to move out of their room as well, back into a single.

Kaela grew more and more worried as Lily led her up to the news, making it seem as if she was going to say something awful. However when Lily announced there might be something between her and Ford Kaela stopped and looked at Lily with her mouth agape, and then laughed. "Oh Lily, I'm not mad. I dated Ford forever ago. What I am is worried. I dunno how much Ford has changed since I've been gone, but he wasn't exactly the best guy ever, ya know?"

Relief washed over Lily. She had felt nervous since the night of the Yule Ball. She had no idea how Kaela would take the news, but was glad when it was this well. She smiled wide. "I am so glad you are not mad at me! I was hoping that you would be okay with things. I really don't know where everything is going between him and I, but I didn't want it to come between the two of us." She took a deep breath and then added, "I really don't know too much about him yet. The time we have spent together was fun, and he was really sweet. I really kinda want to see where it goes, you know?" She was a bit wistful, a dreamy look coming over her face as the thought of the night by the lake.

Kaela giggled at Lily and her dreamy manner. "Oh Lily I know he can be real sweet. But just remember that he is a Slytherin for a reason. There might be more to that sweetness than you know. Just, promise me you'll be careful, all right?"

Lily smiled at Kaela. "I will. Promise." She giggled a bit. "But you have to admit, he is quite cute." A blush flushed on Lily's cheeks. This was the first time she actually talked with anyone about her feelings towards Ford. She hadn't even really wanted to admit them to herself yet. "I haven't had much of a chance to even talk with him since then."

Kaela giggled with Lily, glad to see her happy. "Well, he was cute the last time I saw him anyway. I haven't seen him yet since I got back. I have to say though I think Kale's a bit cuter, although I am biased." Kaela giggled again, loving this carefree girl talk.

Lily laughed out loud when she heard Kaela talk about Kale. "I think you are a bit biased. Then again, I think we always are about the ones we like." She smiled. She and Kaela were not super close when they were in school together before, but she was glad that they were able to get closer now that they were in the same classes.

Kaela giggled with Lily, surprised at how happy she was able to be. "Yeah, I guess that's true." Kaela turned and saw Ford out of the corner of her eye, and he was heading toward them. "Well, don't look now but you're cutie is coming this way. He is still cute." Kaela nudged Lily and grinned at her.

Lily looked where Kaela had been looking and the butterflies in her stomach started doing backflips. "Yes he is," she said with a giggle. Her face lit up as he approached them, and she smiled at him, tilting her head to watch him as he closed the distance.

Ford was sauntering down the lawn, towards the lake, eating an apple and floating a paper airplane with his wand. He was engaging it in an attack on a small bird when he saw two girls walking towards him and giggling. He continued, uncaring, but after a few minutes he noticed that the girls continued to look at him. He turned his head slightly, ready to keep going, and saw Kaela and Lily gazing at him expectantly. He looked at them confused, "Yes?"

Lily's heart did a little lurch as Ford addressed her so coldly. "Um, hi Ford. How's your elbows?" She felt a bit dumb as she asked. It had been a few weeks since their collision, and she knew that their injuries were healed by this point.

Ford raised one of his eyebrows and looked down at his elbows, "They are fine," he said as looked up at them, his face a bit puzzled.

Kaela watched and listened a bit uneasily as Ford and Lily spoke to each other. She wasn't sure what had happened between them that Lily thought Ford was sweet, but he sure didn't seem sweet right then. Maybe it's because I'm here. "Hey Ford," she said sort of awkwardly. "Long time no see."

Ford glanced at hte other girl, whom he finally noticed to be Kaela. He nodded in greeting, "Hello. How is Kale?" He asked, still managing his usually apathy, despite the nature of the question.

Kaela assumed from Ford's question that he had heard about her and Kale. She nodded. "He was good last I heard." Kaela bit her lower lip, unable to think of anything else to say. Last she had heard Ford was dating Sophia, but she doubted they were together if Lily was talking the way she was about Ford. Although he hardly seemed interested in her at the moment. What is his deal?

Lily stood next to Kaela, her heart sinking to the bottom of her stomach. What happened to him since the night at the lake? She decided to finally speak again, a bit more tenativly than before. "So, how have you been? Haven't seen you too much since the night at the, um, hospital."

Ford cocked his head at Lily, Did she think that something was there? Flicking his wand, which caused the paper airplane to crash into a rogue squirrel, and pocketing it he looked at the Ravenclaw girl, "I have been good," he said, there was small awkward stilt to his speaking, revealing his slight confusion.

Lily watched as the paper airplane crashed and felt her heart crash right along with it. "Oh." was all she could say. She was fighting back tears and not sure what to really say or do at the moment. It was becoming clear to her that Ford thought of her as nothing more than a one night fling, encouraged by his guilt for plowing her over. "I see." She turned away, folding her arms over her chest.

Kaela frowned as she continued to watch Ford and Lily, unable to believe Ford. When Lily turned around Kaela looked at Ford with sad eyes. "Ford could you do Lily and I a favor and give us some alone time. We need to have some girl talk." She didn't think Ford would be understanding, nor did she care. She simply wanted him to go away so she could talk to and try and console Lily.

Ford cocked his head to the side, "What's her problem," he asked Kaela in a bored tone, "Did I miss something?" He looked as if he didn't really care and took another bite of his apple.

Lily heard what Ford asked Kaela, and turned from heartbroken to furious. She whipped around on her heels to face Ford. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? YOU OBVIOUSLY USED ME IN WHATEVER LITTLE GAME YOU WERE PLAYING AT THE YULE BALL! YOU ARE SUCH A JERK!" she yelled with all her might at him. Before she even thought about what she was doing, she stepped forward and raised her right hand, slapping Ford across the face as hard as she could. Lily then stormed off to Ford's right, giving him a shoulder shove as she passed.

As Lily slapped him, Ford's apple flew out of his hand and his cheek stung from the impact. He stood still, a confused look still upon his face, but now joined by a red mark in the shape of Lily's hand. He blinked his eyes blankly, What...the...hell...was that?!

He almost cracked some retort at Lily's retreating figure, but thought better of it when he looked over to Kaela. Kale would undoubtably hear of this, and Kale was one of the few people to which Ford gave a care to what they thought of him, being one of his closest friends.

As Lily walked away, she felt the hot tears start to stream down her face. She was sure that Kaela would catch up to her shortly, so she didn't turn back to look at the scene that was left in her wake. "How could I have been so stupid to think that he was doing anything other than using me? How ridiculous of me to ever think that a Slytherin was capable of anything other than viciousness. Never again," she muttered to herself under her breath. She closed her eyes as she walked, took a deep breath in and opened them again. She felt so stupid, like she did when Blake left. She slowed her walk as she waited and hoped for Kaela to catch up to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back