Walking about Brightstone

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda stuffed her hands deep inside her pockets and walked slowly down the cobbled street to where the shops were all jam packed with people doing their Christmas shopping. Which reminded her she still hadn't brought anything yet for anyone.
"So Durmstrang then? What's that like?" she looked at him now thinking he looked a little like Brian with the dark hair and brown eyes but Harrison was much taller and seemed even broader as well. She knew he was a year older, mainly as she had gotten his life story from Essie on their way to the Hogshead.

Harrison walked beside wishing she'd pick up the pace a little as it was freezing out here.
"It's alright, alot of boys doing daft stunts mostly trying to out do one another in the macho stakes but other than that it's fine!" he told her, Harrison knew he had to comment on it before it actually killed him.

"You don't look a thing like your mother you know, where did you get your colouring from?" he of course had meant the greyish pallour of her skin.

Andromeda sighed and picked up a tress of hair, she looked at the auburn shade and smiled.
"Believe it or not but it doesn't come from my mothers Irish side at all but from my fathers Italian side. There isn't a red head amongst my Irish relations. Apparantly, my great -grand aunt had the same colour eyes as me as well" she was used to people gushing about how beautiful her mother was compared to herself and was she adopted and all that malarky from her old muggle school. Andromeda hadn't cared as she had spent most summers when she was younger in Italy with her fathers family and felt right at home among all the blonde and red haired people. It was only her father and her uncle Antonio who had dark hair.
"Why who do you get yours from?"

Harrison laughed.
"I meant where did you get the grey skin from? I've never seen someone with skin like that before?" he told her, "I mean I've been around loads of girls but none have ever looked like you! And my looks skin tone and hair and eye colouring come from my mother and my father!"

Andromeda blushed a deep shade of crimson then, she couldn't actually turn around and say well, I'm a werewolf and after I turn into one this is how I look for a while after. At least she hoped it would only be a while, she dreaded the thought of looking this ghastly shade for the rest of her life.
"I was sick that's all" she told him finally picking up her pace and walking briskly ahead.

Harrison had the courtesy to feel abit of a heel but being your typical 12 yr old boy the guilt didn't last for too long. His long legs kept easy pace with her. He rattled his brains for something to say, conversation wasn't usually this hard for him.
"so what were you sick with? or is that too personal?" he said chancing a side long look at her. He was trying desperately to put a name to what she reminded him of but for the life of him he couldn't.

Andromeda stopped walking and turned to glare at him, she had well and truly had enough now. It was bad enough she had, had to leave her friends in school to come to this ridiculous luncheon only to have to listen to endless stories about the marvels of Harrison but now she had to listen to his stupid questions too! Andromeda would not tolerate it any more.
"If you must know I am a werewolf numb nut!" she glared at him with her hands on her hips,"whenever there's a full moon I change and after it my skin is like this! Ok? Any more questions?" she said staring him down.

Harrison watched as she turned about quickly to face him, her face like thunder and her strange amber eyes seemed as if they were on fire. He looked at her quizzicaly as she went into a long tirade of her being a werewolf. Harrison just stared open mouthed at her as she stood there, then finally went to walk off with a frown on his face.

"Fine if you didn't want to tell me what you were sick with all you had to do was say so!" he grumbled, "Sheesh!"
Werewolves, girls had some imaginations he thought to himself.

Andromeda stared after him first, shocked at her own boldness for telling him the way she had. Soon she was smiling and eventually began to laugh as she ran to catch up with him. Boys were so daft sometimes. She decided to just let her foul mood go and enjoy the rest of her time in Brightstone.
"Hey Harrison, can you stop a minute?" she asked then held out her hand to him and gave him a genuine smile, "Can we just start again?"

Harrison was well and truly startled when she came up with her hand outstretched. He stopped walking and looked at her. Ok, girls he didn't understand infact he just didn't get them at all. But this, this was more a boys thing - get over it and just get on! He smiled and shook her hand.
"Ok, we can start again"
am still going to wonder why you look grey but will not ask you for nowhe thought, "I'm Harrison Landers, pleased to meet you".

Andromeda shook his hand smiling, "Hi Harrison, I'm Andromeda Fiorelli and I'm just as pleased to meet you!"
She chuckled and let go of his hand as she moved to walk away up the street. The air was thick with frigid cold and the wind was bitingly intense, she pulled her robe about her even tighter.
"Anything imparticular you'd like to do then?"

He released her hand and looked up and down the street.
"It's all the one really, one shop is pretty much the same as another" Harrison had just wanted to get away from the grownups he didnt have a schedule or a plan in mind.
"How about we just keep walking and see what happens? You can tell me a bit about yourself on the way" he said wrapping his scarf around his neck again for good measure.

Andromeda cringed she really didn't like the sound of that at all.
"I'm kind of boring actually but anything you think might be of interest just ask away" she told him trying to be obliging but felt decidedly like it was another bizarre game of truth or dare, just without the dare factor.

Zazuka was walking down Brightstone absent mindedly for once. She had just bought herself the weeks candy stash and had a suger quill sticking out the corner of her mouth. She was letting thoughts come and go from her mind as she walked at was seemed an almost sleep walker's pace when she felt herself crash into something solid. It was Andy along with a boy she had never seen before. This was a rare thing because she was usually so obsurvent of every one around her and knew the face of all most every student she had ever come in contact with. "Sorry I'm I inturpting somehthing and are you Ok?" She asked making sure she hadn't coused any damage.

"Saved" Andromeda smiled as Zuka careened into her, "Hey Z what brings you out this way?"
She couldnt' believe her luck, her fortune must be turning she thought.
"Zuka this is a friend of the family Harrison. You met his grandmother before Essie. Harrison you wanted to know something about me, well this is my bestfriend Zazuka Bones. One of the smartest girls I know!" she smiled proudly from one to the other.

Harrison smiled at the girl with the raven curly hair and large glasses. He could tell from them alone that she must be smart. He smirked and held his hand out to her.
"Hey, like she said I'm Harrison. You aren't a Gryffindor then are you?"
He couldn't remember the last time he had two girls talking around him and it felt strange, very wierd and very strange. He hoped they wouldn't break out into silly girly giggles around him.

Zazuka smiled wide and showed them the Honyduke's bag. "Candy run, I finished off the last of the Drubbles gum durning the last of the exams and I can't go an hour without something sweet let alone a day." She said brightly. The bag was bluging with what seemed like half the candy store though it was really only 37 gallions worth of candy. Zazuka assumed it would be enough to last her until the next Brightstone weekend. "Hello Harrison a pleasure to meet you. No I'm a Ravenclaw and very proud of it." She said shaking his hand. The suger quill was making perkier than she would have been without it.

"I don't think I've spent more than 20 galleons in my whole life on candy before and that was for a party!" she sounded shocked as she looked into the bag of candy.
"I hope you have good dental cover" she smiled, "what were you up to because we were just walking about if you want to join us?"

"I was about to go back up to the castle but if you want my company sure I'll go wherever you going." Zazuka said the end of the suger quill back on her lips. "I have't gotten a cavity yet so I'm not worryed." She said brightly to Andy about the dentil plan comment. "Do either of you two want some?" She asked. It was only polight to share in her candy fourtune no matter how attached to it she was.

"Well I won't say no!" Harrison smiled, he certainly didn't mind walking with twenty girls if it meant free sweets.
"What do you have besides sugar quills?"

Zazuka laughed. "I have everything other than suger quills. You look like chocolat frog kind of person." She said raching into her bag and taking out one of the many frog packets. "Here you are." She said cheerly.

Andromeda laughed too, "so much for not being hungry Harry!"
She turned to Zuka, "I'm fine with a lollipop if you have one?"
Andromeda had a massive weakness for lollipops, actually candy of any kind but lollipops were her absolute favourite.

"Thanks Zazuka... wait a minute what did you call her? Zuka? Which is your name then?" he asked ripping into the packet and catching the frog before it leapt away any where, "Cool Remus Lupin, hey Andromeda here's one for your collection!"
He laughed passing her the card, "You know werewolf an'all! Ooooohh!" he laughed even harder and strode up a few paces from them.

Zazuka looked in her bag and took out a tootsie pop. "I got thies if you don't mind them I think this one is strawberry." She said brightly. She was nearly done with her own suger quill so she was about to dive for something else too. She liked having people to share her sweets with she realized. "My friends call me Zuka or Z as it seems to be the norm now." She added to Harrison's question.

Andromeda stared at Zuka and shook her head thanking her for the lollipop she then whispered, "he doesn't believe me. I did tell him in temper but he didn't believe me so now he's making fun of me. Take no notice!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back