Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
10 inch straight, slightly springy Vine with Fwooper Feather Core
Ember had had enough. After she knew he would be home alone, she gathered her groceries and apparates to where Atkin was staying with Cassi and Morwen. She let herself in, setting the groceries on the table before walking to his room.

She hopped up onto the bed, and in rapid succession, she flung open the curtains, shot his hungover face with water and hopped around to plant one foot under his ribs, flipping him out of bed and onto the floor. "Let's go! Get up!" She declared brightly, standing on the bed with her hands on her hips, smiling down at him.

Atkin grunted aloud when the siblings bid goodbye. Cassi was on her way to St. Mungos for an internship and Morie had a photoshoot gig. As for the Gryffindor, he had nothing. Ever since Aliviah broke up with him, he had seen no purpose in his life. Gone was the Teddy Bear he was known for and his cousins were too kind to let him crash at their place and sulk. Dani got married and he was such a grouch, even Lucca could not drag him outside. Turning over his back, he shut his eyes about to drift back to sleep, he was too drunk from last night that he was glad he made it back home after an intense hook up with some random. Sleep was about to claim him when he felt his bed shook, blinding light entered the room and he almost choked from the water. He was about to retaliate when he was flung off his bed. "WHAT THE FVCK WAS THAT?!" he yelled only to hear a woman's voice. A voice he knew too well. Yep, it was Ember who was grinning like an idiot on his bed. "What do you want?" he grumbled as he pulled himself up to a chair, rubbing a hand over his face.

Last edited:
Ember grinned and hopped down. "You to take a shower, for starters. You smell like a brewery." She wrinkled her nose. "Now," she threw a clean shirt at him. "You're done. You've pouted, you've sulked, we get it. She left." Ember crossed her arms, not letting him interrupt. "Zip it, I'm not listening to any of your excuses. You're done wallowing in pity now, Kin. What, you think shes going to walk back in, see you looking like a drunk mess and just fall in your lap? Nope," she leaned over his chair, putting her hands on the back of it. "This is a rescue mission. I know you aren't going to shape up for me, or your family, but you'll damn well do it for her. If there was even a smidgen of a chance of her wanting you back, it damn well ain't gunna be this mess you've turned into." She smacked his cheeks lightly. "Now shower, you really smell awful."

Atkin grunted. He looked down at his disheveled self. He had grown a beard and looked like a gangster. If it wasn't for his blue eyes, women would not go hookup with him. Ember did not need to know that. He had heard those things many times already. From Luc, Cassi, Morie and now Em. Still, it hurt. Like reality loved to rub it in his face. How was she? Had she moved on? He missed her. So damn much. "I get it. @Aliviah Waldorf left. And sure hell she was not coming back. So what's the point?", he snarked back. He swatted at her hand. "Nobody told you to come here and smell me.", he stood up, grabbed his wand and summoned a can of beer from the fridge. Taking a long swig from it, "Want one?" before downing it in one go. Tossing it to the bin, he plopped back in his bed. "Feel free to stay or go."

Last edited:
Ember rolled her eyes. She hadn't expected this to be easy. "What's the damn point?" She growled, jumping onto the bed and sitting on his chest. "I get it. She left. But you know what?" She grabbed Atkins chin, hurt and anger pushing through. "She left us too! For f*cks sake, I have systematically lost everyone that mattered. You know I have a hard time trusting people, letting anyone in. And you know why? Because they leave!" She yelled, glaring down at him.

"Lucca couldnt get over himself. She left. And the only thing I've had is you, drunk and not giving a damn. And I'm done. Either get off your sorry a** and get her back or get over her, but I will personally kick your a** every step of the way until you pull your sh*t together!" She yelled, a single tear dropping down to his cheek. They had been friends for years, been together since they were children, and not once had anyone ever seen her cry. Not when Lucca and her broke it off, not when the Proffesors yelled at her, not when she climbed a tree to impress the boys and broken her arm.

But Atkin had managed the impossible. He had made Ember cry.

Atkin glared at Ember as her friend screamed his head off. He had gone numb to everything related to Aliviah, being in denial that he still cared for her. However, he did not realize that he still had Em and the girl cared for him and their friendship. So when he saw a tear came into view, his cold exterior broke. "Oh, Em.", he pulled her down beside him. Wrapping his arms around her small frame, he buried his face on her hair. "I am sorry. Okay? It just...It hurts you know. You, Luc, Cassi. Seeing you all but not her pains me. A lot.", he admitted. He could not believe that he felt better after he said all those things.

Last edited:
Ember squeaked as Atkin pulled her down into his arms. She relaxed, slightly, relieved when he seemed to be at least something resembling himself, even if just for this moment. She wrapped her arms around him, stroking his hair. "I get it. We all understand, its why I've waited this long. I hoped you could grieve it out, but Kin, you have to let go. You're killing yourself and we all have to watch. I'm not going to lose you, too." She told him.

"Shower. At least trim that rat's nest of a beard. And let's get some solid food in you. I have some connections, I know a place looking for a bartender. Let's get you up and running again. Please," she pleaded softly, clinging to him. "Its going to be rough, but I'm right here. You have me, you have Cassi and Morie and Luc. Let us help,"

Atkin sighed in defeat. As much as he wanted to sulk all day, Em was right. He needed to live again. If it wasn't for her, then at least for his friends and cousins. For himself. "Alright, alright." He kissed her cheek before removing himself from her side. "You know, Em. If I did not know any better, you're just here hoping you can see Morie.", he teased before disappearing into his bathroom. He quickly took a shower and just trimmed down his beard, not wanting to shave it. From his bathroom, he directly made his way to the walk-in closet across his bathroom. He must admit that it felt good after a cold shower and a change of fresh clothes. Even the beard trim, he felt lighter. A good thirty minutes later, Atkin came out and faced Ember. "So, where is this place who needs a bartender? We better hope this is not the place I frequented.", he jokingly said as he approached the bed. "Come on, Em. I am starving and it won't be a good picture if Morie finds you in my bed," he added with a cheeky grin.

Last edited:
Ember blushed and threw Atkin's pillow at his retreating back. "His bed would be better than yours!" She retorted, hopping up to go get breakfast ready. It didn't really take her long to throw together the chicken noodle soup, so she tossed a few bowls of it onto a tray and moved to Kin's bedroom again. Ugh, the place was a mess. She took her wand and did some quick clean up, glad that it at least didn't smell like a brewery anymore. She had no sooner flopped down onto the bed she'd just made than Atkin walked out again. She said up, visibly brightening at the sight of him. "Hey, look at that! You look like a person again!"

It was a good sight, one she had missed. She was about to answer his question but rolled her eyes as he teased her. "Oh please," She snorted. "Eat your damn soup, weirdo," She gestured to the bowl, taking her own. "You remember Dani's wedding? Her husbands' sister-in-law owns this Inn outside Arrowtown, and her bartender took off on her. She's been covering it herself but she has triplets and she isn't looking to stay behind the bar. She'd be willing to offer room and board on top of a decent wage. If it goes well you'd end up managing the place. Interested?" She took a bite, waiting for him to think it over.

Atkin snorted in laughter at her comment with regards to his appearance. He was taken aback at the room he walked into that he whistled at what he clearly noticed. His room was cleaned, thanks to this good friend of his. "Wow, thanks Em.", he could have done it himself but he was busy wallowing in self-pity. He took a seat on the chair before pulling up by the side of the bed and picked up his bowl. He listened and thought over at what Ember said. It was a good proposition and it was the least he could do to pay Cassi and Morwen back for their hospitality. "Sounds decent.", he considered. The soup was delicious and felt warm to the stomach. It sure beat the takeouts he had been eating lately. "You sure she wanted to hire me? I have no experience except for the occasional help at Maya's store." He had a skill for cooking and cocktail mixing but he had not put them to use since he graduated.

Last edited:
Em shrugged off his thanks. "It was nasty, I wasnt going to sit in here and just wait for you to do it," she retorted simply. She ate her soup while he thought it over. "Shes a nice lady. I'm sure she'd be willing to train you, if you came with the right recommendations. Meaning if I have Uncle James tell her you're legit she'll give you a shot." She winked playfully at him. "If you wanted it, anyway." She shrugged, not going to press it if he wasnt interested.

Atkin chuckled. He must admit it felt good to laugh. A genuine laugh and Ember was the one to cause it. "For the record, I was about to do it after taking a shower.", he answered back with a chuckle. He had finished the soup immediately, its warmth removing the last of the hangover. He summoned two bottles of water and opened one before handing it to Em. "Sure, I could give it a shot." The more he considered it, the more it sounded appealing. Working for an inn, finally living on his own and starting life.

Last edited:
Em had just finished her food when Atkin handed her a water. "See, this is a hell of a lot better than beer, thank you," She gave him a saucy grin, setting her bowl on the nightstand before standing. She pulled out her phone and made a call, walking around a bit as she waited for an answer. She brightened visibly as the call was picked up. "Tyra, hey, it's Ember Michaels, we met at the DaniDame wedding," She grinned, quiet for a moment. "Good, I'm doing great. Listen, you still need that bartender?" She smiled wickedly. "Perfect, I have just the guy." She paused, listening. "Yeah, let me ask," Ember pulled the phone from her ear, pressing it lightly to her shoulder. "Kin, she's actually free right now, you wanna go meet her and see the place?"

Atkin just winked at Em. What could he say, the girl had a point. He had finished his water and picked up their bowls before setting it on the table by his door. He could bring them outside later on their way out. He glanced at Em making a phone call as he checked his things in his bag and put on his shoes. Just as he got himself ready, he was planning to take Ember to lunch afterwards, Em asked him a question. "Sure, let's do it. Do I need to bring anything?", he inquired. Although he was already thinking of bringing some snacks for the older woman and small toys for her kids. Triplets, as what Ember mentioned.

Ember smiled, turning back to the phone. "Yeah, he's cool, we'll be there soon. Does he need to bring anything?" She listened a moment and nodded. "Alright, cool. See you in a bit." She hung up the phone and pocketed it again. "Nope, she just wants to meet you." She turned to Atkin, giving him an impish smile. But seeing him so... himself again, it got to her. Her shoulders slumped a little and she walked forward, grabbing his shirt and pulling him down into a tight hug. She laid a hand on his back and tangled the other in his hair, burying her face in his neck. "It's good to have you back, Atkin," She murmured softly.

He was grabbing his jacket when he was engulfed in a hug by Ember. Smiling, he squeezed her back. Kissing her on the hair, he pulled back and placed his hands on her shoulders. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll let you flip me off the bed any time I get back to being a mess.", he chuckled. Grabbing his wand, he conjured care bear plush toys, adding the fourth one for the mother. "What do you think? Will they like them?" He placed them in a gift bag. "Apparate?" He would let Ember do it though since he did not know where it was located.

Ember laughed at his words. "Like you let me this morning, we both know I can kick your ass," She knocked his arm with hers. She raised a brow at the bears. "Probably, I don't really know," She shrugged again. She nodded. "Yeah," linking her arm through his, "Just be careful, Tyra knows about magic but her and her inn are muggle." She warned him. "Her husband and sister are magic but you gotta watch yourself."

Atkin just chuckled before picking up the bag. "I'm sure they'll like it.", he concluded. "I can even tell Morie to get you one.", he smirked, nudging her. He nodded at what Ember reminded her. All he needed to note that the inn and the people in there were non-magical folks. "Lead the way, woman.", he teased her as he tightened his hold on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back