Waiting For the moment You come Back

"It bothers you for me to call you pretty, so I will continue. Nothing you can do about it," Aleyha smirked deviously at him. Oh how she would savor this. She really enjoyed picking on him, and even if it did get physical, Aleyha liked the attention. She shrugged and she didn't comment. She had nothing she could really say to combat against his thinking of her eyes. Aleyha cocked her head to the side, and she inquired, "So, you want boys instead?" Aleyha smirked before she laughed, "I'm kidding, but you said 'other girls'. Does that mean you like one in particular? Or do you still have feelings for Lurken?" Aleyha raised her eyebrows in curiosity, but rather, she was just wondering for her own well being. It's not like I care or anything...right? Her own thoughts questioned her ever so complex feelings. Aleyha narrowed her eyes when he said that she should go. "Give me a good reason and I might consider it. Otherwise, I would prefer not to get around all the couples without getting sick."

Theodore's eye twitched in annoyance when Aleyha not only said she was going to continue calling him pretty, but even bothered to suggest that he was gay as well because he did not desire attention from other girls. Thankfully for her own sake she was kidding or Theodore would seriously have to nail her in the head with a rock or something, even the thought of him with another guy made him want to throw up. And it was pretty obvious that himself that he didn't like another girl really, sure he had just gotten over a childish crush on Nicolette, but he knew that it was never going to be anything serious anyways. "No. I don't like her anymore, or any other girl really." Holding back a smirk, Theodore suddenly got a wicked idea, he doubted that she would react at all but he thought he couldn't be to hard to try in the first place. "Well actually, there is this one girl I sort of like." This was an utter and complete lie that Theodore hid very well, well...it wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't like Theodore was going to let Aleyha know he was talking about her. The whole point was to make it seem like he was talking about another girl, if he really wasn't.

"I'll just cut to the chase then, do you...want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" Theodore mentally slapped himself, he couldn't believe that just came out of his mouth. He did want to ask her, but he thought he had decided not to and merely see if she was going or not. Trying to cover up the fact that he knew he was turning a light shade of red he brought a hand up and manually pushed some of his hair out of his face. 'She's probably going to say no, so maybe I wont have to worry about looking like an idiot.' It was a yes or no question, so it could go either way for him.

Curiosity ran through her mind about who he sort of liked, but Aleyha simply said, masking her true feelings quite well, "Ah, I thought so. Hardly any guy does not...well, not like or sorta like a girl." Aleyha dismissed any jealous thought before they ran out of her mind, and moreover, her mouth. She fell into silence, but it wasn't until the question asked that threw Aleyha into complete and utter confusion. Why her? Why ask his own fiance when he 'sorta' liked some other girl? She stared at him, for once not knowing the answer. It was one or the other, but Aleyha didn't go with either choices. Instead, she inquired, confusion clearly written on her face and detectable in her voice, "Why? Why not ask that other girl you sorta like?" Aleyha had not even given the Yule Ball a thought, and she didn't want to go if Theodore was just taking her because he couldn't find anyone else. She had to see if he wanted her to go with him, and why not the other girl... Something just didn't add up.

Theodore rolled his eyes and flicked his hair out of his face so Aleyha could see he hilarity in his eyes, he could honestly not believe that she believed what he said to her about the other girl. Obviously she couldn't read him too well if didn't catch onto his lie or his expression at all during the whole time. "There is no other girl, idiot." Theodore crossed his arms over his chest and continued to stare at her with an amused yet annoyed glance. This was supposed to be way more fun than it currently was, Aleyha was supposed to get mad and such. "I made the whole thing up to piss you off." He rolled his eyes again and gave her a half smirk, he actually sort of liked Nicolette at one point but knew that is wasn't going to work between them ever. He had given up thoughts like that almost as soon as they came up. However, as soon as Nicolette left his mind, Aleyha entered just as quick. It was confusing and surprising because he was supposed to hate his fiancée...right?

"Why ask you? Because I felt like it obviously...." Theodore rolled his eyes, actually he wasn't so sure himself. He kind of just blurted it out, and couldn't explain why. It was like his brain worked on it's own for a moment there.

With hands on her hips, she murmured, "So you lied. And you thought I would get mad over that? Why would I?" Truth was, she was a bit jealous, but that jealousy left because now she knew that there was no other girl. He didn't like anyone, and that settled just fine with this Parselmouth. She didn't want him to like anyone, but she also would find it rather annoying and strange if he liked her. Aleyha strongly doubted this would ever happen, so why dwell on such thoughts? Aleyha's sharp look softened a bit at his answer. Just because he felt like it? So, that meant that he didn't care if he went or not. Or did it... Aleyha wanted to use the Ravenclaw side in her to get the information and connect things with the other, and she just couldn't find the missing pieces. "Okay, I have a question for you then. Because you 'felt' like it, do you really want to go to the Yule Ball, and have me as your date, or is it because you are bored and could careless. If it is the latter, then the answer is no, because I won't waste my time. But if you actually want me to go, then the answer is yes." Aleyha stood there, without an emotion on her face. But on the inside, she could feel her heart beating faster, and she secretly hoped it was the last one.

Theodore turned his head and snickered to himself, he could tell he was starting to get on little Aleyha's nerves and knew his plan was starting to work. He loved it when she got fired up like she did, most people he tried that with could either whoop him into the ground or work his words around until he looked like an idiot for trying to bother that person in the first place. "Cause you adore me and just don't want to admit it." He shrugged his shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal, then gave Aleyha a semi-evil grin. He pretty much knew she was going mad at him about it, but he still knew it couldn't hurt to get a laugh out of it first.

"I asked you because I wanted to go with you, if I didn't care then I would have asked." He answered calmly once he stopped snickering. Did he honestly have to hold up an 'I sort of adore you' sign to get her attention. It was obvious that he sort of, possibly, maybe, most likely, probably liked her. But it's not like he was going to admit it, or tell her..ever. "I asked you because I....nevermind. I just want you to go alright?" He wanted to slap himself for letting that one almost go. That would have been such a bad move that it wouldn't even be funny.

Aleyha snorted and she grumbled, "If you mean adore as in irritate, then I will admit that anyday." Actually acting her age, she stuck her tongue out at him, and she rolled her eyes. Adore him? How could he think that? Aleyha adored no one. At least, she thought that she didn't anyway. Now, she wasn't too sure on anything. Aleyha listened to his words and she noticed how serious he was. She listened to him not finish his sentence, and of course, Aleyha wanted to know what was said. Aleyha stated, "Then I will go." Half of her regretted even saying that, but the other half now had something to look forward to. Two battles are at war in her mind, and it was driving her literally insane! Aleyha inquired, trying to hide her embarrassment, "Okay, you didn't finish your sentence, what were you going to say?" Because he likes me? Because he thinks no one else will go with him? The possibilities is limitless on what he could say!

Theodore half-smiled when Aleyha said she would go with him. His body relaxed from being nervous about rejection, not the only issue he would have to worry about was looking like an idiot on the girl he was crushing engaged to. "Cool, then I'll meet up with you at seven?" He asked coyly, he didn't want to be late or have to run around looking for her. Plus it seemed more formal to him if they made a time to meet up.

"And I don't really want to talk about why I didn't finish that question..." Theodore knew that if he told her he'd be screwed and his feelings would be out in the open, a light red shade dusted his cheeks and he knew that Aleyha could see it.

Aleyha just hoped that she would remember the time that he set for them. "Sounds good to me. Probably in the Great Hall would be the best place..." Aleyha never knew that this would ever happen, from meeting him so many months ago, would she ever expect to be going to the Yule Ball with him. Heck, she hated him then, and now what? Aleyha could not say, without lying, that she hated him now. Something happened, and that alone made her mind get all confused and she was receiving a migraine just from dwelling on it. Catching the blush upon his face, Aleyha narrowed her eyes, "You are blushing, and you don't want to spill what you were about to say... Why don't you want to talk about it?" Aleyha was beyond curious now, mainly because he just plain amused and confused the Parselmouth.

Theodore nodded, confirming the meeting place. At least she was making this sort of easy on him so he didn't have to go all out into details. He almost vaguely wondered what color her dress was going to be and such, girls usually obsessed about stuff like that so she might already have an idea of what she wanted. "Are you allergic to flowers?" He usually got girls flowers for the Yule Ball, he figured he would go and be different and get something besides a rose, but he had to know if she could actually receive flowers or not. This was actually a sign that he probably should get to know his fiancée better in general, especially if they might end up actually married and living together someday.

"It's not worth mentioning..I really don't want to talk about it." Theodore rubbed his cheek hoping the redness in them would diminish soon, it was getting to be a pain that Aleyha could see that he was embarrassed. Crushes were honestly nothing but a pain in Theo's butt, this really shouldn't be happening to him at his time in his life.

Aleyha shook her head, "Nope." Aleyha was not very fond of flowers, but in any case, she would still answer the question and not give out unneeded information. After all, why give out unneeded information? It just seemed random and off topic, and Aleyha was determined to get him to tell what he was going to say before his sentence went unfinished. Aleyha laughed, "You might as well just spill, because I am not going to drop the subject until you finish that sentence. And if you don't like it, too bad." Aleyha muttered, talking to herself more than anything, "It isn't like it will kill him or anything..." Or would it? Aleyha didn't care, nor did she mind.

Bah! Lame! >.<

Good, Aleyha wasn't allergic to any sort of flower. That meant that Theodore was safe to get her any sort of flower that really struck him as a good flower to give a girl like her. Chances were that she didn't even like flowers, but he wasn't about to change a tradition he had grown up with just because she didn't like something. "Good than I believe thats all set, be sure to look cute that night." He was pretty sure she'd look good regardless weather he told her to or not, but he knew that he should at least mention it once so she wouldn't think he was going soft on her or anything.

When she still continued to pester him about the sentence he didn't finish he rolled his eyes; she was almost worse than Alyssa. "I seriously think it's a bad idea if I tell you, so no." For all he knew, he could get punched for this or something. Aleyha was already unpredictable enough, chances were that she'd never return his feelings. Then again, he may not have feelings for her at all, he was just confused is all.

Aleyha simply dismissed any thought about flowers. After meeting that one boy, and letting her guard down around a complete stranger, she had not exactly liked flowers. To her, they reminded her of a weakness she once had. Aleyha shrugged, "I'll look good in a tux, if you keep up that talk." Aleyha put on a sly smile, one that said perfectly that she would dare dress in a tuxedo rather than a dress. Aleyha sighed and she wondered if it was bad enough to make her mad and she would have to hit him for it. Considering where they were, it wouldn't be an attack that they would live from if she lunged at him and managed to go over the cliffs. Oh, that wouldn't be pretty at all. It would get her out of the marriage, but well, she wasn't that desperate. "If I promise to be good, then would you? I am curious enough as is. If you didn't want me to bug you about it, then you shouldn't have slipped up!" Aleyha shifted her position once more and she shrugged carelessly.

Theodore nearly bust out laughing at even the smallest thought of Aleyha being a tux when she showed up at the Yule Ball. As much as he wanted to imagine the short little girl in one, his mind just wouldn’t allow him to. Instead he snickered and rolled his eyes, no matter how funny he thought her comment was, he couldn’t believe she still managed to find a way to outmouth him once again. To him, this was an early sign that she was going to end up waring the pants in this marriage, because everything he said was just going to get turned against him and to her favor.

”If you can ever really do such a thing as behave yourself, we’ll see.” Chances were he wasn’t going to end up telling her anyways. Instead of saying anything however, he tuned more towards Alwyha and stepped closer to her. Without any other word he bent downa nd gave her a small peck on the cheek, before stepping back. He was fully prepared for a possible exploasion from her. ”But I seriously think it’s a bad idea if I tell you.” He shrugged his shoulders, pushing back the kiss that took place momnets ago and refocusing on what she had asked. Having feelings for someone you were supposed to hate wasn’t a good thing.

Aleyha merely narrowed her eyes at him. Of course she could behave, if she well, wanted to. Half the time, it was just better misbehaving. She shrugged and she retorted, "Oh, you will be surprised." However, her words were rather ironic because when she said that, he gave her a peck upon her cheek. Instantly, she froze, her expression in total shock. It was amazing how something so small would have such a large affect from the girl. Aleyha felt herself blush, and her hand went to the side of her face, not believing what just happened. What the hell is up with his boy? I can't figure him out! Aleyha thought frantically. But she didn't blow up. Instead, her instincts took over and she stepped forward, and embraced him into a hug. Her eyes closed for a moment, and though things felt safe, Aleyha realized what exactly was happening.

Aleyha stepped back, before shaking her head and she stammered, "I-I got to go." Aleyha turned and she bounded toward the castle. It was horrifying. What did she just do? She was opening herself up again, allowing someone to enter her life and possibly demolish her...again. Aleyha couldn't let that happen. Not now, not ever. It was strange how much she contrasted with herself sometimes. For a moment, Aleyha would seem cold, harsh, and cruel, and just then, she seemed more like a school girl that needed some sort of warmth. Why did she expect Theodore to be that very thing? Aleyha, did not know, nor did she want to. She just wanted to be isolated, and not let anyone close to her. She had to get away for a while, long enough so she could control herself during the Yule Ball. Aleyha's only thought for now was that she had to get away before she fell in that hopeless stage of admiration.

Little did she know that it was already too late for that.

Theodore tensed for a moment when Aleyha embraced him, he was never really in tune with showing affection or being shown affection in return. Plus he thought her knew her well enough to think she would have smacked him or yelled at him instead of being affectionate in return. Just when Theo had thought it to be safe and return the embrace, she quickly backed off with a tone and look more nervous than he had ever seen her with before, and before he knew what was going on, she had begun to run away. "Hey...where are you going!?" She probably wasn't listening to him, but it almost seemed like he had scared her away or something. Maybe she still hated him and was repulsed by his affections, or maybe she really did have to go. Whatever the reason was, it was obvious to Theodore that something was up.

"Girls are so weird..." By this point he could honestly say that he never has, or never will begin to understand what goes through a woman's mind. Theodore couldn't understand Alyssa, Niccy, and surely couldn't even begin to grasp what went through Aleyha's mind. With a agitated sigh he scratched the back of his head before he put his hands in his pocket and turned toward the castle, he probably had an assignment or two to finish anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back