Waiting for Sophia

Elizabeth Malfoy

Liz sped to the lawn, and landed, waiting for Sophia.

Having gotten a letter from a very angry owl, Sophia made her way out onto the lawn, seeming none too happy about it. She saw Liz and walked directly to her, her golden eyes piercing as daggers. Sophia was not mad at Liz, but at a whole mess of things. "You called?" she asked in a drawling voice, laced heavily with agitation.

Kaela got herself at least sitting upright and used her left hand to wipe away some of the tears and such, although still crying. "I'm s-sorry," she said shakily between sobs, wishing in vain she could be anywhere but here.

In looking around, she saw Liz arrive on the lawn, wondering where she had gone. Kaela hadn't exactly been listening earlier.

Not too soon after, Kaela saw a girl she recognized as a Slytherin walking onto the lawn. I think her name is Sophia, she thought, but didn't really care. She tried hard to stop crying, wiping her face with her left sleeve.

Lily noticed Sophia had just joined them. She did not look too happy about it. Lily knew from Heta Omega that Sophia worked in the hospital wing, and hoped that she would be able to do something for Kaela.

Hearing sobs, Sophia turned toward the source of the noise to see a girl sitting on the ground, holding her arm. With a short, silent sigh she walked over and knelt beside the girl, paying no mind to who she might be. "What happened to your arm?" she asked in a harsh, serious tone. Bedside manner was not her strong suit.

Kaela looked up at Sophia, tears still dripping from her eyes and down her cheeks. She sniffled, and instead of her crying stopping, it got a bit worse. Looking away, she considered lying be down.

Sophia's sigh was audible as she stood up, looking at the girls assembled on the lawn. "Can someone please tell me what happened?"

"I will tell you. We were out here messing around with the broom" Lily pointed at Courtney's broom laying on the ground. "Kaela ended up falling off and hitting the ground pretty hard. That is when Liz sent for you to come help us out."

Lily felt bad about not telling Sophia the whole truth, but she knew she needed to protect her friends at all costs.

Sophia knelt back down beside Kaela, trying to get to her right arm. "Does it hurt?" she asked harshly, wondering if the blithering idiot would answer her.

Looking back to Sophia, Kaela simply nodded and pointed to her shoulder, looking away again as soon as possible.

Trying to ignore the girl's sobs, Sophia grasped her shoulder and began feeling it, still looking quite serious, possibly a bit agitated. She grasped the girl's shoulder and her elbow and, without warning, pushed quite hard, resetting the girl's shoulder.

Sophia stood and looked to the other girls. "Her shoulder was merely dislocated. I reset it, and she will be fine, although it may be sore for a few days. If you will excuse me, I have other things to attend to." Without waiting for a response, Sophia turned and walked back toward the castle.

Not really paying attention to Sophia, Kaela found her shoulder suddenly in an intense amount of pain and screamed aloud. She looked over to Sophia to thank her, but found that she was already walked toward the castle.

Her sobs had subsided slightly, but the tears will still coming. She wiped her face off again and simply stared off at the castle, not talking.

Lily bent down next to Kaela after Sophia left.

"Is there anything I can do? Do you want me to help you back to your room?" Lily asked.

Courtney bent down beside Kaela and Lily after Sophia had left. "Yeah, Lily and I can walk back to the Ravenclaw House with you. we could all hang in there if you are feeling up to it."

Kaela sniffled and turned to Courtney and Lily, smiling weakly at them. After wiping her face once more on her sleeve, she stood slowly. "Yeah, we should go back," she said softly.

Hilary looked up "Hope you'll be okay Kaela" she gave her a genuine smile "Okay then guys, I am going to go back up to the Gryffindor common room, thank-you for allowing me too take part in these shananigans...." Hilary smiled and then waited to see if Liz would join her or if she had other things to do.

Kaela walked over to where Liz was. "Thanks. And tell Sophia thanks for me too, please." She sniffled and gave Liz a weak smile before walking back toward the castle.

"Liz, are you comming up to the common room?" Hilary smiled, not wanting to wander the halls at night a lone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back