Waiting for a friend

Tamara Roper

Tamara sat at the edge of the water. The lake was a beautiful shimmer on the fall day. She took of her shoes and and slipped her fet into the water. I felt cool and relaxing after her day. She sat and day dreamed about her day and waited fo rsome one to find her. She toyed with the hem of her skirt.

On his morning run, of which was more rigurous than usualy for some reason ended up placing him down by the lake when he felt he could run no longer. Upon stoping to catch his breath and make his way back to the castle he noticed a girl at the edge of the lakefront. Upon closer inspection Cameron relized it was Tamara and walked over to greet her, of corse with a wide smile displayed across his face.

Tamara was gently singing to herself when she heared the grass stir behind her. She tipped backwards on the grass and stared behind her. She had a perfect veiw of Cameron and even upside down he looked good. She waved and giggled. "Morning."

"Morning." Cameron replied back. CRAP i know i look like crap right now... just got done running.. great.. prolly smell too he thought to himself.

She straitened back up and turned around towards him. "Have you got time to sit and talk?" She cocked her head in a silent plea and smiled.

Tamara looked away to hide her blush. "The lake sure is beautiful." She scooted over and patted the ground be side her.

Cameron sat down beside Tamara and looked at her wondering what it was she wanted to talk about. "So.. what do you have on your mind?" Cameron questioned in a soft but full tone.

A sad look crossed Tamara's face but she quickly hid it hoping he hadn't seen it. "Just stuck in the wonder of beauty." 'and in the wander of devistation' se thought to herself.

Cameron saw that sad look cover Tamara's face before she could hide it. When he saw it Cameron grasp her hand and asked in a scared tone "Tell me.. what is wrong.. please."

She sighed. 'He's so perseptive.' She gave him a tender smile. "Just thinking of the past. Its nothing really."

Tamara felt a tear betray her and slide down her cheek. "I know but it kinda sucks when neither of your parents want you. That they tink your crazy." She held his hand tightly trying to gain back control.

Cameron took his hand out of her grasp then wiped away her single tear. "Then in a few years go back to them.. explain everything.. and show them how well your off in life." He then planted a light kiss on her lips.

The kiss shocked her. She had never kissed anyone before, but still it felt right. Her tears dried up and for the first time in a while she felt really happy

Tamara pulled away even though she didn't want to. "Your gonna get us in trouble." Despite herself she started to giggle.

Cameron after kissing her for a few more moments.. stoped.. then kissed her forehead and started to hug her a smile splayed across his face more widely than ever before.

Cameron's fingers trailed across her collarbone until coming up to play with a few stray strands of her hair between his them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back