OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Cullen nervously stood waiting at the door to the Great Hall. Music and talking could be heard from inside yet the excitement only made him feel more nervous. He realized how terrible he was at being a boyfriend when he had gotten Corrine's rose today. He hadn't even sought out days ago the table to sign a rose for her. He hadn't even thought of the idea. He hoped Corrine would show up to the dance and attend with him anyways. Maybe he could pretend he'd sent one and it never got to her? But that would be lying, he could own up to the truth that he forgot and he was terrible. Cullen knew he should have gone down to the gardens and picked flowers for her but instead he stood there empty handed. He thought of Vincent, he shouldn't looked out his friend and looked for advice, but he didn't think the guy had really sound advice to begin with. She'd sent him a red rose, that was the rose of love, more than just crush at least. He hadn't returned the gesture and now he felt like a fake, a fraud. What kind of boyfriend was he? Focusing on his studies instead of the girl that like him. Classes wouldn't matter after next year, not so much anyways, but he hoped to still be with Corrine.

Corrine had waited and waited all day long, but by the time she'd left to meet Xena, the teenager had realized the truth. She wasn't getting a rose from Cullen. It shouldn't have meant so much to her, but it did, especially because she had sent him a red one. Corrine sat for Xena to do her hair and then make-up but when she saw the full look, she'd burst into tears, ruining all of Xena's work.

Corrine wasn't sure going to the dance was even a good idea, but she didn't want Cullen just standing there all alone thinking she was going. So she'd scrubbed off the rest of the makeup which had become a mess anyway and headed downstairs. She could hear the music the closer she got, and almost lost her nerve. Corrine smoothed down her dress staring at Cullen for a moment as she spotted him. Then, she was heading over to him, stopping when she was in front of him, unable to meet his gaze. "Hi Cullen" she said quietly.

Cullen was so nervous standing and waiting as the evening continued. Suddenly he saw her standing on the next landing. He felt suddenly quite similar to the first time they'd gone on a dance together and he had seen her. She looked so pretty in her dress he wanted to run right up the stairs to her. But she made her way down before he could do anything. He wished he had something to give her, he could see black makeup just under her eye like she had tried to wash it away or cried. His sisters didn't wear makeup yet so he wasn't too sure which it might be. But as she refused to look at him he knew he had messed up. Should he pretend to not notice? Or admit his wrong now? Cullen reached up his hand running through his hair making it more messy than it was before. His hand dropped down hearing her voice. She seemed to be shy, but they'd hung out enough for her to not act in such a manner. "Hi Corrine," he replied back. "I liked your red rose," he said his hand reaching up to touch the side of her voice. In the hopes he'd turn her head up and look at him. "I..forgot, I did not pay attention..no table I saw. They saying, out of sight out of mind," Cullen said knowing his apologies weren't quite the best.

Corrine could feel the knot in her throat tighten when Cullen mentioned the rose and even said he'd liked it. As he reached to touch her face, she didn't know what to make of it so she looked up and gave a watery half smile. As usual, when she was this close to Cullen, she was taken by his looks, struck by how handsome he looked this dressed up even with his hair as messy as it was. She listened, her blue eyes on him as she willed him to have a good explanation. He didn't, not in her opinion, and her gaze dropped once more. She knew this shouldn't be a big deal, not when he was here right in front of her at the dance and ready to be with her. But still she worried. Corrine reached for Cullen's hand, always liking how it felt to have their hands together. "Cullen, do you know why I sent you that rose?" She asked, wondering if he had any idea about the color system since he hadn't seen the table. This was going to be hard, but if he didn't feel the same way, Corrine was going to be devestated. She'd left her wand in her room, but she was sure she could convince someone to open a hole in the ground if needed.

Cullen's nerves were getting to him and he founds himself thinking more and more in Korean which when he was at school was very rare. Usually he thought and spoke in English and he believed himself to be doing very well for having learned two languages before he learned English. He was happy that she looked up at him, it made him smile her eyes were so pretty. But when he failed to explain she looked away and he knew that he had made her upset. "Why? I am not sure, your letter was short.....ohh you mean color?" Cullen replied to Corrine without thinking but paused and thought about what her tone meant when she asked the question she asked. He was glad to be holding her hand in that moment, it meant maybe he could keep her from running away if she didn't like what he was about to do next. One hand held her hand and the other he touched her face once more, moving his own closer. Her bent down from his height and placed a kiss on her lips. Red for love, that's what the little girl giving him the rose had said. That was how he knew he'd messed up by not sending her a red rose as well.

Corrine nodded, meeting his gaze once more and willing him to get it. She was too scared to say the words, not exactly sure if he felt the same way. Sometimes, she suspected he did but she wasn't sure if it was because she wanted it to be true or not. When he moved closer, Corrine let her eyes slowly close, ready when their lips met. Cullen had always been a good kisser and she found herself tiptoeing so that they were a little closer, her hand moving so their fingers were linked together. She pulled back with a small smile, not moving so very far away because she liked being close to him. It was hard to stay mad at him, not that she'd have known since she had never been upset with him before. "Cullen...I'm trying to tell you something. Stop distracting me" she blushed slightly, moving the hand that wasn't holding onto to his towards his chest to stop him from kissing her again. Just for the moment anyway. "Yes, the color. Did anyone tell you what it means?" she asked quietly, some urgency to her voice.

Cullen enjoyed kissing Corrine, truthfully she was the only girl he'd ever kissed before. Other than his sisters, but he only kissed the tops of their heads when they were being cute. His girlfriend kept talking, he wasn't sure why, weren't they okay now? She didn't say her feelings out loud and he thought his actions now showed his. But she kept talking asking him what the color meant. He moved his finger in front of mouth in a motion that suggested she should stop talking for a moment. He looked at the ground for a minute building up his nerves, he should say it first anyways. He was the guy the one who made first moves, although to be fair he thought she equally made first moves in their relationship as well. "Jah gi ya, sa rang he (baby, I love you)," Cullen leaned back and spoke in Korean while looking at Corrine in the eyes. To him it was more meaningful to say it in a language he fully understood, at least for the first time. He hadn't ever taught her how to say much of anything in Korean, not yet anyways. "I love you, I will learn and make you a hundred roses from paper, they will last forever like how I feel for you right now, if that is what it will take to earn forgaveness from you," Cullen said looking at her hoping he could at least say something right though he knew he had messed up a day that was meant to be more about love than pain.

Corrine was a little worried when Cullen looked away. She could tell he was getting ready for something important and when he finally spoke again, she wasn't sure what he was saying. It seemed really important though because he was looking right at her. She knew it was in Korean. She'd been meaning to try and have him teach her some but she hadn't really asked as often as she perhaps should have. But then he spoke again, this time in English, and Corrine almost melted. She couldn't hide the smile on her face, in her eyes, she even felt like her skin was smiling with the lightness she suddenly felt. The teenager gave her head a little shake. "I...I love you too, Cullen" she tiptoed giving him a quick peck on the lips. "I wasn't mad, not really anyway. Just a little disappointed because my friends were getting roses and I wanted one too" she explained, a little embarrassed now that she was saying it aloud. "This is better" she added, leaning her head against his shoulder and wrapping the hand he wasn't holding around his waist. Corrine couldn't believe how lucky she was.

Cullen could feel all the tension in his body from having said I love you first to Corrine melt away as she replied the same. He hadn't been sure for awhile if that was what he was feeling, but the thought of not being close with her drew his mind in on how he was feeling. He wanted to stay up all night with her now and hold her close. He knew the dance would end probably around midnight but that seemed too early for him. It was silly, they were standing outside the dance in the hall but he already had her in his arms and a slower song had come on, presumably for the couples. So Cullen started to sway slightly to see her reaction if she wanted to dance now, it seemed to be fate. Everything was happening perfectly for them in that moment. He moved his free hand down over her arm that was holding his waist to her own and brought her closer hugging her with his free hand. It felt so happy and glad that she wasn't made with him. He was honest about making the flowers, origami he learned it when he was younger and perhaps Bada remembered a flower. "Sa rang he, means I love you," Cullen said figuring she probably figured it out but he wanted to be able to speak some of his first language and her to understand what things meant. "You can call me Oppa(oh-bbah), if you want. Girl's use it for their brothers and boyfriends," Cullen said not meeting Corrine in the eye feeling shy. He knew in his birth country girls would use the honorific without being asked but she didn't know it. And he thought it might be nice to be called Oppa in a romantic sense and not just by his little sisters for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back