Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Lanithro?
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Swishy Larch Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
He didn't make a habit of it, but Felix Urie had something of a system, a routine, of the sort. He didn't often spend time in New Zealand, but when he did, he had... arrangements. He and Georgina had always gotten along, during school, after, they had a camaraderie, a connection that he liked to explore when he was in the area. If anyone was going to be able to help him take his mind off of recent events, it would be Georgina. He was pretty sure she still lived around here, though he'd not seen her in some time, over a year at least. It wasn't completely on purpose, but since Lyra lived here he tried to stay as far away as possible unless he had specific plans in place, which wasn't very often. He looked around, trying to remember where he had come last time, recognising a couple of land marks. She'd been here for a while, he thought, not that he'd paid much attention last time he was here. He did feel a bit bad, most of the times he was here it had something to do with Lyra, but G didn't seem to mind all that much, besides, it was mutually beneficial! He walked up to the door and knocked. "G, you in?"

Georgina had finally gotten the baby down to sleep when she heard a knock at the door. She froze in horror as she watched the baby for a moment, listening for any signs she was about to wake up. Thankfully it didn't come. She cast a silencing charm so the baby wouldn't hear the voices of whoever was at the door and went to answer it. It was probably one of the last people she expected, or maybe she should have been expecting him. Was it that time of year already? "Felix...ah, hi," She said awkwardly. Georgina was never awkward around Felix, they had always had a natural chemistry going back to their brief spell dating at school. It was a chemistry they had taken advantage of to mutual satisfaction in the years since, but the situation was different now. His baby was asleep in the next room and he had no idea she existed. "What brings you to town Luck?" She asked trying to sound casual.

Felix grinned as Georgi opened the door, but his smile fell into a frown with the name she used for him. "You know I hate that name, why do you insist on using it?" He asked, rolling his eyes. He noticed then that she seemed more tentative than she usually did, perhaps she had company. "Sorry, is this a bad time? I probably should have told you I was coming, but I don't usually..." He said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Did you want me to come back later?" This whole situation was a little bit strange, he didn't usually spend this long at the door and she hadn't even invited him in yet. He tried to see past her, but there wasn't much of a view, so he didn't think she had company, but it was hard to tell, perhaps someone from her family had dropped by, or perhaps that Styx bloke was inside, he wasn't sure what their relationship was. He liked seeing Georgi when he was around, and they'd always gotten along well, even after they broke up, there hadn't been any hard feelings, not really.

Georgina rolled her eyes at Felix's comment, his dislike of his nickname only made her want to use it more. "Its...its fine come in," She said opening the door wider for him. Felix had no idea what was waiting for him inside her apartment, she'd never thought to tell him. When she had first found out she was pregnant with her second child she hadn't been sure who's baby it was. Even after she'd figured out it was likely Felix's she didn't want to trouble him with the news. They only hooked up every so often when he was in town he didn't need the hassle of a baby. "Its not so much that its a bad time right now as more, its always a bad time, at least for what you probably had in mind," Georgina said as she led him through the apartment into the living room where her six month old baby was sleeping in a crib. "I had another baby recently," She said. Georgina would only tell him who the father was if he asked. She wasn't exactly eager to break the news to him.

Felix stepped around Georgina as she spoke, nodding to her. He just needed some company, but if she wanted a chat, or maybe to go to dinner, then he would be happy to oblige, it wasn't like he was dating someone, and nor was she... or at least he hadn't thought she was... until he was staring at a baby in a crib. "Woah, hey, tiny human." He wasn't sure if he was shocked or if he was confused, both seemed pretty correct right now. He looked at Georgi and blinked, not sure what he was supposed to say now. It would seem weird to suddenly be like hey yeah, so just popped in to say hi and stuff, and then disappear. He immediately looked around for the father, but could see no one else. "Uh, is the... dad around, or...?" Maybe it was the same father, that Styx guy.​

Georgina watched with some amusement as Felix reacted to his baby, not knowing that was what he was doing. She smiled awkwardly as he asked about the father and if he was around. The thought not occurring to him that it could be him despite the obvious timeline. Felix was cute but he wasn't always the brightest bulb in the box. "Oh he's around," She said inhaling. "Its you, you're the father," Georgina said looking away from him and instead at the crib. If Felix walked out without a word, she wouldn't blame him.

Felix wasn’t sure what he had expected, but being told he was the father of the baby was not it. He blinked at her, his mind stopping suddenly to try and process the enormous bomb she’d just dropped on him. Six months old, that was how old the baby was, had it really been so long since he’d last seen her? Surely it had been sooner or maybe she was wrong? That had to be it. “I mean, are you sure?” Of course she was sure. She wouldn’t have said anything if she wasn’t that was who she was. “Sorry of course you’re sure. I’m just... I mean... wow.” This was a lot of information to process after everything that had happened. This was... well it wasn’t unpleasant, but it wasn’t exactly a good thing, he certainly wasn’t ready to be a parent, not with his mess of a life. “God, I need to sit down.”​

Felix hadn't bolted, so that was a start but it was clear by his reaction that he was dumbstruck by the news but then who wouldn't be. "Its a lot to take in I know," She mumbled. "I wasn't sure at first...there were certainly other candidates," Georgina shrugged matter of factly, she wasn't shy about that. "But I did the maths, she'd definitely yours," Georgina watched Felix carefully watching for a reaction. He was actually taking it better than she expected. When he said he needed to sit down Georgina placed her hand on the small of his back and guided him over to the sofa and sat him down and sat down next to him. "Look, I don't expect anything from you, the Styx family have me pretty well looked after, if you aren't ready to be a dad, no worries," Georgina had no intention of trying to trap Felix, if he wanted to walk out the door and never see her or his daughter again she wouldn't stop him.

Felix sat back on the couch and stared at the crib. He wasn’t angry or anything, he was surprised, certainly and he knew why she hadn’t said anything, he wasn’t exactly and easy person to contact and she couldn’t very well tell Falon first, she’d have killed him and he was sure that wasn’t in anyone’s best interest. As Georgi spoke again, Felix turned to face her and nodded. He knew she had an arrangement with the Styx family, though he didn’t know a lot about it. He hadn’t seen Lanithro around for some time, he’d basically been MIA since school, though he also knew Lyra was close with him, something that he thought about frequently. “It is a lot to take in,” He said, sighing, but he wanted to help if he could. “And I can’t say I’d be a lot of help to you, since you know I’m something of a drifter... maybe I can’t help financially, but I’d like to help any way I could. I want to be a part of her life, I think. She’s...” He still couldn’t believe he’d somehow managed to father a child he didn’t know about. He always thought maybe he’d feel some connection, but maybe that was something that came with time. “Can I hold her?” He asked suddenly, a bit anxious.​

Georgina nodded along with Felix as he tried to make sense of the whole situation. It was a lot for him, she understood that. It had been a lot to deal with for her when she had found out she was pregnant, Felix just needed to catch up. "You can be as involved as you want, she's your daughter too," She said reaching out to take his hand. "Yes of course you can hold her," Georgina breathed a sigh of relief, it would be good for her daughter to know her father. She didn't want her growing up with a distant father like she had.

This new situation he found himself in was going to take some time to get used to, but, Felix was happy. He never really thought about kids and really he'd never actually much been around them. Everything with Lyra's little siblings had happened whilst he wasn't in her life and they were the only little children he'd ever thought he'd be near, except maybe his own, though he'd thought he would have been much older than twenty one when he had his first... though he supposed this had to have been coming, it wasn't like he and Georgi had ever really thought about being careful, young and dumb as they clearly were. She held his hand and he squeezed hers back, standing with her and walking back over to the crib. "Wait..." He realised he'd forgotten to ask her name in all of this. "What did you name her?"

It hadn't occurred to Georgina to tell Felix the name of their child, she assumed he would ask as soon as he'd seen her but it hadn't come. Finally it did occur to Felix to ask the name of his daughter. Georgina let the question hang in the air a little as she watched their interaction, the little girl might not have known who he was but seemed taken with him. "She likes you," Georgina said with a smile. "Her name is Victoria," Georgina walked over to Felix and leaned her head on his chest. "I'm glad you got to meet her,"

Felix was still having a hard time believing this, it didn’t seem real at all. He’d never thought about it, obviously he knew about sex and how pregnancy occurred, but he’d only ever really associated it with other people, not himself. It was still something he wasn’t knowledgeable on, being a father, he supposed he was going to need to tell Falon now! Oh, God, what were his parents going to say?! He reached into the crib and picked her up, looking to Georgi to see if he was doing it right, she corrected him efficiently and he rested the six month against his chest. She was still so small, and he was worried he was going to drop her. “Victoria, I like that, she’s going to be gorgeous when she grows up, Georgi”. He said, looking down at the baby, his baby. “I... I really can’t believe this, I mean, I’m a dad, Georgi.”

Georgina laughed as Felix suggested Victoria would be gorgeous when she grew up. "Of course she will be Felix, she takes after her mother," She laughed, only partially joking, it wasn't as if she was ugly after all. "I can," Georgina bit her lip as she looked up at Felix, her head still leaning against his chest. "I mean its not like we were ever careful,"

Felix grinned at Georgi, “on second thoughts, maybe it’s best if she’s ugly and takes after neither of us!” He said, thinking about the trouble both of them got into as kids, and even now. As much as he loved Georgi, she was a really good friend, he wasn’t sure he’d like the same situations for his daughter. She was only six months old right now, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t start from a young age. “Well,” she was right, they weren’t careful, it wasn’t usually the first thing he thought about, not with Georgi at least. They were usually too preoccupied. To be honest, it was a miracle Victoria was the first! “Okay, yes, you’re right,” he admitted laughing slightly to himself as he looked down at his... whatever the hack they were now. Still friends, but what did her call her, this is my friend and the long suffering mother of my daughter? My baby mama, that didn’t sound right. “Thank you, Georgi,” he started. “I’ll be honest, I only came over today to get my mind off of... well, but... you’ve given me something I never thought I would want, not without meeting certain conditions.” Like this being Lyra. But it seemed Lyra was determined to stay away from him, and he loved Georgi, but not in the way he loved Lyra, if she wasn’t pushing him away ,why would he be stupid enough to leave? “This, and you, are amazing!” He leaned down and kissed her lightly on the lips. They’d never been shy of affection together, that was pretty obvious.​

Georgina laughed and nudged Felix on the arm, "She's not going to be anything like me, mark my words," She would learn from her own mistakes and aim to keep her daughter on the straight and narrow. It was just a shame she wouldn't grow up knowing her grandparents and extended family. Georgina knew what Felix had come over for originally but she was surprised to see that finding out he was a father hadn't seemed to change his mind. As he leaned down to kiss her she closed her eyes and kissed him back softly. "Maybe you should put her down," She whispered. Georgina hadn't expected any of this for her evening, but Felix was right in front of her and it would be a shame to waste that.

Felix laughed slightly. He couldn’t blame Georgi for wanting to make sure their daughter wasn’t like them, after all, they’d both been a bit of a mess in school. He grinned down at her as she spoke and nodded. “Probably a good idea.” Victoria hiccuped slightly as he laid her back in her crib. She was so tiny that she almost seemed to have completely disappeared or be dwarfed by the crib. He turned to Georgi, pretty sure Victoria would be fine on her own and grinned again. “Sooooo, maybe this time we pay attention and be careful?” He asked, though to be honest he wasn’t sure it was going to make much of a difference.​

Georgina was glad to see that she and Felix were on the same wavelength, she had thought he might just have been content to stare at his daughter all night but she had an inkling what he had originally sought her out for and she was more than happy to provide just that. "Wheres the fun in that?" She asked with a smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back