Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella made her way up to the owlery by herself, although she had no messages to send. There were not many owls there yet, as the school was relatively new, so Harper, her beautiful female barn owl, was very distinguishable amongst the few there. The bird gave a hoot of recognition, and she swooped down from the rafters to snatch the treat in Estrella's hand. She gazed out the window as she stroked Harper's soft feathers, lost in her thoughts. She jumped in surprise as she heard footsteps behind her.

Fiammetta made her way up the stairs of the Owlery, Oliver's owl, Oswald, on her right arm. She was still clutching the letters in her left hand, one was the letter she had recieved from Oliver asking how her first week at school had been, and the second was her response. She heard her footprints echoing up the Owlery stairs. And entered through the door, almost running into another student. Fia stumbled, dropping her letters. Oswald flew off her arm with an indignant hoot and flew to a high banister as she fell, landing flat on her butt on the hard stone floor.

"Are you okay?" Estrella asked the girl who had fallen, extending a helping hand and unable to surpress a light giggle. "Here, let me help you with those." She picked up the letters, and gave them to the girl with a smile.

"I'm Estrella Drage," she said, introducing herself. "I'm in Ravenclaw. I meet people in the craziest situations, I guess!"

Fiammetta laughed as she said, "I'm fine, thanks." She took the letters from Estrella, "I'm Fiammetta Wood, Hufflepuff and Klutz extrodinaire. You can call me Fia, though." Fia looked into the rafters and saw Oswald next to a beautiful barn owl, "Get down here Oswald!" Fia said, smiling. The bird looked from her to the owl next to him and didn't move. Fia laughed and, looking at Estrella said, laughing, "It looks like he's found a girlfriend."

"Aw, that's so cute!" Estrella giggled. "What kind of owl is Oswald? He's handsome! My owl's name is Harper." She pointed at the barn owl next to him. "So, you're in Hufflepuff; I think that we have Potions together this week. How are you liking classes? I especially liked Flying and Charms. I want to be on the Quidditch team."

"I believe Oswald is also a barn owl," Fia said, thinking hard, "He doesn't belong to me, so I'm not completely sure. I don't have potions this semester, but I know we have Astronomy together." She smiled, "I'm really enjoying classes, I think my favorites are probably Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. Although I also like to fly and would enjoy being on the Quidditch team." Fia paused for a second after her spew, sometimes she forgot to breath when she talked, "So where are you from?" she asked Estrella.

"Dang," Estrella said, smacking her forhead with the palm of her hand. "I keep forgetting that Potions is in seven weeks, not this week. Man, I am so forgetful."

In response to Fiametta's question, she replied, "Well, I originally lived in Britain, but when I lost both of my parents at five years old I moved to Minnesota in America with my muggle uncle and lived there until I got my letter. I want to be a chaser or keeper on my Quidditch team. Are you from Britain, Fiammetta? You said your cousin was Oliver Wood; he's pretty famous."

"Yes," Fia replied, "I am, and I guess Olly is sort of famous," she laughed, she had always teased her cousin about is Quidditch fame...all in good fun, of course. "I"m sorry to here about your parents," she said, more sympathetically, "My dad left me and my mum when I was small, though I imagine that it's not nearly as bad as losing a parent completely. My mum stopped using magic when he left, I was raised basically as a Muggle, except when I visited Olly."

"Yeah, I was raised as a muggle too. My dad was an auror, but he went missing in Norway, and my mom died, so yeah." She shrugged. "But that was years ago. On a different note, have you joined any clubs?"

"Um, so far, I think I'm in all of them!" She replied, laughing. "At this rate, I'm not going to be able to turn around without having to go to a meeting! I need to stop joining, though, and probably pick my favorites. I'll get too overstressed."

Fiammetta laughed, "That's very true, don't stress yourself out too early in the year!" Fia looked up into the rafters again, remembering the letter she needed to send. "Oswald!" she said again, "Get down here!" The owl took a last look at Harper and flew down to land on Fia's shoulder. "Good boy," she said. She attached the letter to Oswald's leg and sent him back to Oliver. Then she turned her attention back to Estrella, "So, have you met any of the Slytherins yet?"

"Yes, I have." Estrella replied with a somewhat confused hint. "At first, I thought that I was going to hate them, but now, I appreciate them. Weird, huh? I'm even thinking of joining the Future Leaders of Magic club."

Fiammetta raised her eyebrows in surprise, and then said, "Well, it's nice to know that they're not all the same."

"Yeah, it's kind of nice. So..." She twiddled her thumbs, not knowing what to say. "Um, how is school going for you?"

"It's going well, I'm really enjoying Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. What about you?"

"I don't have those two classes yet, but I really like Charms and Flying." She smiled and giggled. "I have a feeling that I'm repeating myself."

Fia laughed, then looked at the clock outside the window. "Wow!" she said, "Would you look at the time, I really have to go now. But it was nice meeting you, and maybe I'll see you around school!" She waved and began her way back down the steep staircase, Oliver's letter still in her hand.

"All right, I'll talk to you again sometime. Nice meeting you!" She watched Fia leave, and then decided that she should probably leave too. It was getting late. She stroked Harper's soft feathers, gave her a treat and left the owlery with a yawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back