Venting

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
Zoe was frustrated about a lot of stuff, especially after that last quidditch game. She knew there was no way that she'd get recruited if she couldn't catch the snitch, against a third year! She was determined to improve herself, so she was using all her spare time to go onto the pitch with some tennis balls so she could practice her speed and reflexes. She didn't have her streak with her, for she only used her firebolt during practices, not wanting to break it by accident (with her luck). Her gloves were strapped on tight to prevent splinters, and her hair was in a tight bun as though she were in a game.

She mounted her broom, and took out one of the bright green tennis balls from her pocket, holding it in her left hand, then took out her wand with her right. She tossed the ball up, and quickly cast, "Depulso!" On the ball, and watched as it flew away, extremely fast. She put her wand away as she zoomed to the ball, reaching out with her hand and grabbing it within ten seconds of throwing it, wind whipping past her face, causing tears to flow out of her eyes unnaturally.

Kat had an hour or so to kill before meeting Trevor for a study date. She had been spending more and more of her time with him and had come to find that when she wasn't with him she missed him horribly. Not wanting to sit around the common room she headed up to her dorm and changed her clothes, pulling on her white shirt and black sweatpants. Looking in the mirror she pulled her hair back in a messy ponytail before grabbing her Scarlet Streak and heading down and out of the castle.

Upon arriving at the pitch she saw that she wasn't the only one who had had the same idea she had. Looking closer she saw that it was Zoe, 7th year Slytherin and her fellow prefect. Kat really hoped that the girl wasn't still upset about the loss that Slytherin had endured to Gryffindor. Mounting her broom she sped off in the direction that Zoe was hovering and when she got near the girl she said in a friendly manner, "Hey Zoe! You practicing?"

Zoe had just gotten a hold of the lime green tennis ball, and was already taking out her wand for the next throw, when Kat approached her. Startled, she dropped the ball, and listened to the echo of it bounce off the ground a few times. She turned to Kat, an old friend. "Hey Kat, yeah. I'm trying to improve, still a little ticked after that game." She said, and cracked a small grin. She knew it was stupid to still be mad at herself about a game, but her downfall was she was a terrible sport, though her attitude about it had gotten better over the years.

Aiming her wand down at the ground, she called out, "Accio Tennis Ball." She then stuck out her hand and the ball flew up into her hand without her even making an effort. She put her wand away, then turned back to Kat. "So what about you? Sneaking in some practice as well?" She asked with a friendly smile, shaking off the game from her mind.

Kat gave Zoe a sympathetic smile. She knew how bad it sucked to lose a game, but that was just how things had turned out for Slytherin team when they'd played Gryffindor. It was life she reckoned. "Don't beat yourself up over it. Happens to the best of us. We all have off days...Merlin knows that I've definitely had my share of them," she said to the older girl.

"Well not really so much practice, but more so just some flying. I don't get to do too much of it lately which sucks because there is nothing better than being in the air," Kat said as a light breeze blew by. "So who's Slytherins next match against," she inquired, knowing that her next match was against Ravenclaw...then she remembered the embarrassing bet she'd made with Sumner.

Zoe grinned. Flying was the best way to pass the time nowadays. "True. I think we're facing Hufflepuff next. So I assume that Gryffindor is going to face Ravenclaw?" She stated, well, she more asked. She still had the ball in her hand, and thought it was odd that she was having a conversation up in the middle of the sky, and cracked a smile. She put the tennis ball in her pocket before saying anything else. "Do you know who you are going to the Yule Ball with?" She asked, excitedly. She had a date for the first time in years, and she was looking forward to it. She remembered back at Halloween, there was some boy drama between Kat and Lily, and she hoped they were cool again because both girls were invited to her party in a few weeks.

"Yeah, it's going to be a pretty intense game I think," she said thinking about the previous tension between not only herself and Lily, but herself and Sumner. Though that was all resolved now she sincerely hoped that neither of them would try to kill her. "Yeah, I'm going with Trevor Davies. He's a Gryffindor sixth year that just transferred in this year from Hogwarts Scotland," Kat told her with a dreamy sort of look taking over her expression before she shook her head bringing her back around to the present. "Who are you going with," she asked curiously.

Zoe raised her eyebrow, she noticed that look Kat got right after mentioning her date's name. A sly look got on her face, and she kept it like that as she responded. "My date is Chace. I'm pretty sure you know who he is." She said, smirking. "You must really like Trevor; your face went all gaga for a second there." She pointed out, and started to chuckle. "No doubt I'll see you two there. It will be fun!" Zoe exclaimed, making a circle around Kat, for the fun of it.

A lump formed in Kat's throat when Zoe said that Chace was taking her to the Yule Ball. Try as she might that one name still brought up unresolved feelings in her, but she pushed it to the back of her mind once more. "Yeah, I know who he is," she said plainly and then her face went pink. "He's my best friend...I just, yeah. That's all I can say," Kat replied sheepishly as Zoe flew in a circle around her. "So do you have your dress yet?"

Zoe grinned, and responded, "Yes. I have a dress, but I'm not going to say what it is. That's a secret." She said, as she put her index finger over her lips, and raised a brow. "How about you? Are you two going to match? That would be really cute!" She said, letting her voice go all girly, and it kind of grossed her out. She stuck out her tongue and shook her head. "Gosh, I've never been so girly like that before. It's weird!" She explained, truthfully.

Kat chuckled when Zoe said her dress was a secret. "Well it won't be hard for him to match me because my dress is all black," she said simply, leaving out the part about how low cut it was not only in the back, but in the front as well. "Nah, not weird. Sometimes it's fun to be girly. You should do it more often. Just let the girlyness roll from you," Kat said laughing at how incredibly ridiculous it sounded before adding, "But really, being girly isn't a bad thing at all."

Zoe grinned, wondering if Kat was being serious. By what she was saying, it sounded like a joke, but then she was reassured. She then started to blink alot, like she was batting her eyelashes, and she put on a sweet voice. "Like, am I any more girly now? You know I like, totally am such a girly girl!" She exclaimed, with an extremely fake smile, and she cocked her head to the left. "It's like, being perfect in a way! All girls should totally be like this!" She cheerfully said, keeping her face in the most still smile she could, keeping every part of her face still as though she had just been injected with botox.

Kat laughed so hard that she nearly fell off her broom. She had to lean forward and grasp her broom tightly to keep from falling over. "Okay, okay...I get your point. So maybe that isn't exactly the way we're supposed to act...actually I don't think I've ever done that. You're a little too good at that. Are you sure you're not normally a girly girl," she joked, sticking her tongue out at Zoe slightly.

Zoe narrowed her eyes, but not in a mean or rude way. She shook out her hair, letting it get really messy, then she darted for the ground, jumped off her broom and dug her hands into the ground of the quidditch pitch. Her hands were black from the dirt, then she hopped back onto her firebolt, and circled her way up back to Kat. She balanced herself on her broom letting go of the broom with both her hands. She smirked mischievously as she showed Kat her disgusting palms, and rubbed them into her hair. Zoe started to laugh, and cocked her head forward. With a wink, she asked, "Proof enough Kat?" As she wiped her dirty hands onto her pants. She didn't have good grip with slimy hands and didn't want to risk falling off her broom.

She hadn't done something silly in a while, so she found that a little refreshing, even if it wasn't a full-blown prank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back