Valentines

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
It was Valentines evening and the sun was just beginning to set, it had been a little bit over two months since Kaela and Kale had started dating and he really did like her a lot. He still wasn't familiar with Valentines Day festivities though, him being only 14 and still discovering girls and whatever. Kale entered the garden and followed the cobbled path that led to a small clearing with a couple of benches surrounded by arbor and many muggle and magical flowers to view a fountain in the center of it. He took a seat and watched as the water ran down it, he aimlessly twiddled his thumbs back and fourth. Kale had asked Kaela to meet him in the garden that evening while running into her in between classes that day, he sat and waited patiently for Kaela to arrive.

Kaela was elated when Kale asked her to meet him in the garden that evening. She made her way into the garden as the sun was setting with a box in her hands, a ribbon wrapped around it with a card stuck on top. Although Kale was her second boyfriend Kaela still wasn't very good at this dating stuff. The best she had to go off of was books and movies, and those were usually pretty over the top. She was nervous, hoping she wasn't doing too much and that she didn't drive Kale away. Kaela loved being with him, she was so happy that she had him, and she didn't know what she would do if he left her.

"Hey you," Kaela said happily as she sat down on the bench beside Kale. She set the box on her lap and smiled at Kale. "Happy Valentine's Day."

Kale turned to his right where a flower bush was in reaching distance, he tugged on pink flower and held it in his fingertips. Still observing it delicately, he set it down on the opposite side of the bench when he noticed Kaela approaching and took a seat next to him. Kale turned toward where he could face Kaela and smiled, he leaned in and held her in a warm hug, "Happy Valentine's Day yourself" Kale replied to her greeting while hugging her extra tightly. "How was your day?" he inquired her with interest, not showing any mercy in letting her go from his grip.

Kaela hugged Kale back with a bright smile on her face. She giggled lightly when Kale spoke, not letting her go. "Long. I'm glad it's almost over and I get to spend some time with you." Since Kale wouldn't let her go she kissed his cheek and then laid her head on his shoulder, loving the feeling of his arms around her. In truth, she didn't mind if he never let go.

Still showing no sign of letting her go he put on an expression of mock possessiveness and ruffling his hands jokingly in her hair to mess it up and around her face, "My precious...!" Kale said with a raspy voice before he barked with laughter and set her free from his long arms. He couldn't ever keep a straight face when he acted extra goofy.

Kaela gasped when she felt Kale's hands on her hair, messing it up just like her brother Finn used to do to her. "Kale!" she cried in surprise and tried to get her hands to hair to return it to normal. Kaela had actually spent some time on her hair today, straightening it so it could be worn down. In fact, she looked much nicer than usual today, wearing one of the cute tops his ma had gotten her for Christmas, a skirt, and shoes that didn't have laces. If you looked close enough you could see she was wearing a little makeup. Kaela wanted to look special for Kale today, hoping he found her pretty and the like. Her lack of self-confidence kept her unsure.

Kale smiled at Kaela and let her go gently, still laughing with a humorous look on his face. "I'm sorry" he said as he noticed that Kaela didn't seem to find what he did as funny as he thought. His smile was wiped off of his face to a less idiotic expression, but still light hearted. "You look really nice, Kaela." he told her as he watched her fix her hair, Kale couldn't help himself but laugh softly, "Not that you don't always look pretty or anything.." Kale rephrased his compliment, feeling a bit awkward. But hoping that she still got the idea of what he meant. He felt a bit under dressed, wearing one of his long sleeved black button up shirts that he would normally wear. Kale really did think that Kaela looked good, even though he felt weird telling her that out loud.

Kaela looked at Kale and smiled playfully. "It's all right. Nothing a brush can't fix, right?" When Kale told her she looked nice her cheeks turned bright pink. "Thanks, you look good too." He always looks good though. She smiled and leaned forward to give him a kiss on the lips, her fingers beginning to fiddle with the ribbon on the box on her lap.

Kale accepted Kaela's kiss and returned the favor before turning away and grabbing the pink flower that he had picked not too long before she had arrived. He gently picked it up with his fingertips and held it out to her with a sheepish grin, "Sorry, I suck with gifts on these kind of things.." Kale shrugged and bit the inside of his cheek, wishing that he had actually gotten her something. "I suck. I'll make it up to you some other time. I promise." It especially made things harder to get gifts now that students had limited access to Brightstone Villiage. He also had a small card made of folded parchment that was dyed a light shade of red and handed it over, with his messy scrawl written across it.

Happy Valentines Day
Love,
Kale
<i>
</i>

Of course, nothing special. He felt really dorky doing things like this and still was clueless on why muggles celebrated days like these. His ears began to feel really warm, which usually resulted to his cheeks turning red.

Kaela smiled brightly at Kale and took the flower and the card. She looked at the card and traced the letters in the word 'love,' then looked up at Kale. The gifts were simple, but that was fine by her. "Just being with you is more than enough for me. The flower is pretty though." Kaela sniffled the flower and then set it and the card on the bench beside her. She handed over the box to Kale with a sheepish smile.

"It's nothing special, I promise. In fact, it's something we can share." Kaela smiled brightly, hoping Kale would like the chocolate chip cookies she baked up for him. On top of the box was a card. The front was flashing colors, and the back had a handwritten message.

8701-004-42-1072.gif

Kale,

I'm so happy I have you. You've been the best friend to me, and the most awesome boyfriend. Every time I see you I can't help but smile. So, I just wanted to say, Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,
Kaela

"I wish I had done more.." Kale said, feeling a bit guilty when Kaela handed him a box with the box with a card on top. First he flipped the card over and read its contents. Kale smiled and pulled Kaela in a hug before giving her a kiss on the cheek. He then looked down in his lap where the box was and untied the ribbon, placing it on the other side. Kale took the top off and inside was chocolate chip cookies, they looked and smelled delicious, Ha! Chocolate Chip, you know the way to my heart." he smiled while he placed one arm around her, "Thanks Kaela. Did you make these? They smell awesome" Kale told her, the heavenly aroma of the cookies was making him hungry. Food was always a great way to win Kale over.

Kaela had been watching Kale anxiously as he read the card. She smiled when he hugged her, hugging him back and blushing when he kissed her cheek. I wonder if I'll ever stop blushing when he kisses me. The anxiousness came back when Kale opened the box. Kaela smiled wide when he seemed pleased and she nodded proudly. "Yep, I made them in the Sorority kitchen. Try one. I'm actually pretty pleased with the way they turned out." Kaela had never been one for baking or cooking, or anything domestic really.

Kale smiled at Kaela and pulleed her in toward him to give her a kiss on the lips. She was an awesome girlfriend and it really made him wish that he had done something more special for her on the 'holiday' that girls made such a big deal about. He gave her a wide grin and looked down at the cookies, "That's funny. I don't think we even have a real oven in the brotherhood. All I know it that we got a fridge fully stocked with butter beers in it." he smiled deviously and reached for his book bag, that he had stuffed with his favorite drink. "I wonder how well chocolate chip cookies go with butter beer.." Kale thought out loud and unzipped the bag and reached in for two of the chilled bottles. He twisted the cap off for Kaela and held it out to her with a smile smile. Kale was happy to spend time with a pretty girl in a garden just as appealing.

Kaela kissed Kale back happily, glad that he seemed to like her gift of cookies, even if he hadn't tried them yet. I hope he thinks they taste good. "Well of course we have an oven in the Sorority, it's a bunch of girls! I don't really get how it works, without electricity, but it heated the cookies nice and even. When Kale offered her a butterbeer she took it with a smile and soft "thanks." Kaela raised her bottle to Kale with a grin. "To us," she toasted happily, feeling lighter than air as she looked at Kale.

"To us" Kale repeated enthusiastically with a wink while raising his bottle and clicked it with hers. He smiled at Kaela and looked down into the box, not yet setting it down. "So, you think these are safe to eat then? I'm not going to pass out or anything..?" Kale teased her playfully, inside hoping that she wasn't taking his joking around to heart. That was just how Kale was.

Kaela clinked her bottle against Kale's and took a sip before setting it on the bench beside her. She giggle when Kale asked if the cookies were safe and rolled her eyes playfully. "You're lucky I didn't listen to Courtney. She was just begging me to put U-No-Poo in them. But that wouldn't be fun, because then I couldn't eat any!" Kaela reaching into the box and took a cookie. She took a bite, chewed, swallowed, and grinned at Kale. "See, perfectly harmless. And pretty tasty, if I do say so myself."

Kale laughed out loud and winced at the thought. He watched as Kaela nibbled on the cookie to prove that it was safe. "Courtney would do that.." he said while taking one of the cookies out of the box before setting it down on the bench beside him. Kale took a big bite out of the cookie and chewed, he nodded fervently with approval. "These are great!" he exclaimed with a smile, "Where'd you develop these baking abilities? I can't even boil water.." Kale admitted while taking another bite of the cookie.

Kaela bit her lower lip and looked down at the cookie she was holding in her lap. "My ma liked baking with me," she began, trying not to get sad. The last thing I need is to be sad on Valentine's Day. "She was always trying to get me to be more girly..." Kaela looked down at herself wearing an ensemble her ma would have loved to see on her. Despite her best efforts the sadness was creeping in. Why did I take her for granted? Why was I so stubborn and selfish? Kaela set the cookie off to the side with her butterbeer and stared at her shoes, trying to regain herself.

Kale smile faltered when Kaela showed a hint of a change of attitude, What did I say wrong? He looked at her for a moment as she stared down at her shoes, considering on what was right to say in this situation. Kale looked down at his shoes for a second and bit his lip, "Is there something wrong, Kaela?" he asked her, his expression concerned. Kale had a feeling that it was her mom that she was thinking about but knew that he had to ask her anyway.

Kaela bit her lip and looked up at Kale with wide eyes. "No, I'm sorry. I'm fine, I promise." She smiled weakly and laid her head on Kale's shoulder, trying to snuggle with him. I'm with Kale, everything is fine. Everything...is...fine... Kaela sighed and tried to stop her thoughts where they were instead of letting them wander to all of the things that were wrong, as they normally did. She still hadn't talked to Estrella, her grades were slipping, and she could not forgive herself for her ma's death. Not that it was her fault her ma died, but Kaela still felt guilty for taking her ma for granted and abandoning her da and brother to come back here. It was pretty easy for Kaela to find a multitude of reasons to despise herself. Kale was the one who made her feel good, and like she deserved something more than to sit in self-loathing. I'm with Kale, everything is fine.

Kale placed his arm around Kaela, sensing that something was wrong but she wouldn't come out with it. I always seem to do this to her... for some reason he was feeling very guilty, like he was always making her feel bad about her ma in some way or another; he would always bring her up by accident. "Are your sure, Kaela?" Kale asked her, feeling a sense of doubt from what she had just said. "Is something bothering you?" he inquired, not doing a very good job at letting it go. Kale was concerned for Kaela and wanted to know whenever anything was wrong, she was one of the people that he really did care about and took the time at figuring it out when something was wrong.

Kaela frowned as Kale asked again if something was bothering her. He always saw right through her. She looked up at Kale, down at her lap, and then up at Kale again. "I..." Kaela began, but did not know what to say. How could she tell Kale that she thought he was too good for her, and that she was sure that everything bad was her fault? "Why are you so good to me?"

"Kaela, what do you mean by that?" Kale stated more than a question. He removed his arm and placed it back to his side, instead grabbing ahold of her hands and holding them both in his hands. "You only deserve to be treated good." Kale turned himself on the bench so that he could face her, "I can't help that think something is wrong right now.." he told her, pulling her closer to him; he wanted to be there for her and didn't want Kaela to be upset.

Kaela looked down at her their hands for a few moments before looking up at Kale. Tears were glistening in her eyes, threatening to fall down her cheeks. "I don't wanna waste my time with you being sad. You make me so happy, but I just can't stop thinking about my ma, and my da and brother, and Estrella, and everything. I just want it all to go away so I can be with you and be happy and you can be happy and not have to worry about me."

Kale took a double take of their hands before looking back up at her, her eyes appeared to be misty. He pulled her in closer, comforting as well as he knew how to; though he usually felt awkward while attempting to help. "Kaela, don't worry about me." he urged her, his face was more of a blank slate now. His expression wansn't angry, he really didn't want Kaela to worry about him. "It's okay. You shouldn't blame yourself for that stuff, it's beyond your control. I don't like to see you sad like this.." he said to her, Kale squeezed her hands lightly and looked down at the cobble stoned sidewalk for a moment. He couldn't help but wonder what she had meant about Estrella, since the last time he heard Kaela and her weren't on the best terms. Kale decided not to ask her about it, she would explain when she wanted to. "Are you sad that you didn't get to visit your da and brother before school started?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back