Valentine's Day Surprise

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa slipped into the plum colored dress and donned the black velvet heels for a night out with Dominik. She finished applying her make up and jewelry, trying to keep her slightly shaking hand still. Rhyspa was so excited, she was positive nothing would ruin this night for her. Once she was finished dressing, she went to the closet and took out a neatly wrapped gift box. 'Spa grinned, knowing what was inside. She really hoped Dom would like the gift, for it would be theirs for the rest of their lives. Rhyspa shrunk the box and tucked it into her clutch. Checking her reflection in the mirror, Rhyspa left the bedroom she and her husband shared. Husband, that word still sounded so odd but so right.

"Are you ready to go to dinner, love?" Rhyspa asked Dominik, finding him in the kitchen. "The reservations are for 8 o'clock."

Dominik finished doing up his tie and then sat on the edge of the bed to lace up his shoes. Tonight would be the first Valentine's day that he and Rhyspa has shared as husband and wife and he just knew that it was going to be magical. Something about the air just seemed like good things were to come for the couple though. Standing, the twenty one year old made sure he looked decent enough before grabbing the present that he'd bought for his love was tucked securely in his pocket. Once sure that he had everything he needed Dom headed for the kitchen to wait for his wife to finish getting ready.

When 'Spa came to find him he beamed from ear to ear. She was absolutely stunning and literally just seemed to glow. "Merlin you are gorgeous. How'd I get so lucky," he said as he enveloped her, sweeping his hand under her chin, pulling her closer and lightly brushing his lips against hers.

Rhyspa couldn't help but blush at Dominik's words, any time he said something like that it always brought color to her cheeks. "I might ask you the same question," she grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissed him back. "Lets go to dinner, love," Rhyspa smiled. "I'm starving! And I'm excited to see what you got me," she confessed, laughing.

"I'm actually feeling a bit hungry myself to be honest. Being a married man has increased my appetite," he started and then with sneaky grin he leaned down and whispered in her ear, "And I'm not talking about my appetite for food either." He kissed her lightly on the end of her nose before taking her hand in his and he apparated them to their destination. He had wanted tonight to be perfect for them both so he had saved over the last several months to get his wife a lovely gift and had made reservations at a nice little restaurant down by the coast where they could have a dinner and hear the ocean sounds. When they arrived at the restaurant he grinned and opened the door for her saying, "After you Mrs. Marinescu."

Rhyspa laughed as Dom whispered in her ear about his appetite and smiled when he kissed her nose; she loved when he did that small act of affection. When Dom took her hand in his, she squeezed it lightly, as if to make sure he was there and to reassure herself that he was hers. They apparated to a lovely restaurant by the sea. 'Spa loved the smell of the salt air and the cool breeze of summer. "Why thank you, Mr. Marinescu," Rhyspa smiled, and walked through the doorway.

They'd been married for close to eight months, but there were days that it seemed just like yesterday when he'd asked for her hand and she'd said yes. Now all Dominik knew was that Rhyspa was all his forever and that knowledge in itself was enough to keep him happy for a lifetime. As they were taken to their table near an open window he pulled out his love's chair for her to sit down and once she was situated then he took his own seat. Grinning brightly he pulled the box from his pocket that contained her present. "Go on...open it," Dom said zealously. He'd come across the locket when he was lurking through a muggle antique shop and just knew that it would be the perfect gift for his wife for Valentine's day.

The couple had just taken their seats when Dom pulled out a neatly wrapped box and handed it to Rhyspa. She unwrapped it, and opened the box to find a lovely antique locket. "Dom...this is beautiful! I love it!" Rhyspa exclaimed. She pulled the exquisitely designed necklace out of the box and moved to fasten it around her neck, uncaring that it clashed with her dress. "Thank you so much," she smiled. "Now, its your turn." Rhyspa grabbed the small box out of her clutch and whispered the enlarging spell and handed Dominik the gift.

Dom was thrilled that Rhyspa loved the locket. He knew it had been the right choice from the moment that he'd seen it. When it was his turn he took the box in his hand and unwrapped it. He just sat there a moment not really sure what to make of it mostly because he didn't understand it. "Um, thanks baby. I love it...um, can you just tell me exactly what it's for?" He hated to play dumb, but well in this case he was truly confused.

Rhyspa smiled as Dom opened his gift. She had hoped he would understand what it was and what it meant, what it would mean for them. "Dom, I'm pregnant," Rhyspa said, eyes becoming misty. "You're going to be a father."

And there it was. It all made sense now. The baby rattle. The way that Rhyspa seemed to practically glow even more than usual. His wife was pregnant with their child. She was going to be a mother and he was going to be a father. Up until that very moment Dominik had always thought that the best day of his life had been when Rhyspa said 'I do' but this moment right here definitely topped that. "I'm going to be a dad," he mused aloud, his eyes getting a little moist at the proclomation. Immediately he stood up and went to kneel next to his love, gently placing his hand on her belly. He rubbed it lovingly as he leaned over and kissed her lips fully. "I love you so much," he murmured and then he actually had a few tears of joy escape his eyes. The twenty one year old leaned down and looked dead at his wifes stomach and said in a high pitched sweet voice, "Hello baby. I'm your daddy and I love you and your mommy so much."

Rhyspa couldn't help but cry, that was the best possible reaction she could have hoped for. She nodded as Dom said he was going to be a father. "I love you too," Rhyspa murmured, kissing him back. 'Spa let a few more tears escape as Dom spoke to the embryo growing in her womb, that would grow to be their child. Their sweet little baby. "Mommy and baby love you too, Daddy," Rhyspa said, grinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back