useless..

Alastar Fitzgerald

Alastar had not got any of his flying classes. In the words of one of his brothers, he sucked big time at it. He walked now really annoyed with himself out to the pitch and went to the storage area where they kept the school brooms. He took one out and looking at it said, "don't fail me".
He walked back to the pitch and put the broom on the ground.
"Right then", he sucked in a deep breath and put his hand over the broom.
"up" he called the broom remained steadfast.
"uP" he called again, nothing.
"Up" the broom gave a slight quiver this time. Alastar was over the moon, that was the most movement he had yet.
Right, try again shall we, he muttered.
"UP" the broom came flying up and hit his arm instead of lifting into his outstretched palm.
"Damn it man!" he swore to himself.
He threw the broom down on the ground and put his hand over it again.
After 20 minutes of semi successful attempts and plenty of bruising, Alastar threw the broom on to the ground and gave it a good kick.
"I'll never get this" he shouted angrily.

as lexi was storing down at the quidditch pitch for some air she heard a shout in the middle of it and saw a boy, who kicked his broom. she walked to the boy and said. "why? are you angry, di you and your girlfriend broke up."

"Hi Al, Hi Lexi", Andromeda called as she walked out to the quidditch pitch. She wasn't flying today she was going for her daily run. She walked over to them smiling. It was a really nice day.

As Ivy headed to the pitch with her firebolt for her daily practice time, she spotted some new faces. She recognized Andromeda from the tower and when Ivy saw her with Harriet. Ivy walked to them, hoping to start a conversation. "Hey Andromeda" Ivy greeted her. She had heard from Harriet that Andy loved to fly more than anything, just like Ivy. Happy to know someone with the same yearning to fly, Ivy smiled. "Um..hi, my name is Ivy, nice to meet you" Ivy politely introduced herself to the other 2 first years. She smiled at them. "Mind if I join you guys?" Ivy asked not wanting to be rude.

Arnold was walking along the pitch and notice plenty of hogwarts student were practicing as he continue to walk, he saw some of his friends, Al, Andromeda, Lexi and Ivy, he went near them "Hey Guys! What's up" he said "Yo men! what's the prob?" he asked Al

Violet had taken the opportunity to have a little fly around the Quidditch pitch, when she saw a boy she recognised from Hufflepuff having trouble with the up command. She felt quite sympathetic for him - only a couple of weeks ago, she had been in exactly the same position. She flew down to the ground and walked over to him.
"Hey," she said. "Are you okay? Would you like some help?"

Andy smiled at Ivy and said Hi back to her. Within minutes there seemed to be a nice gathering of first years on the pitch.
"Hi Violet, Arnie. I'm going mad I didn't bring my broom now. I only came out for a run", she smiled.

Alastar was dead embarressed now. He knew all of these students to see and some were from his house. He couldn't believe he had been asked about a girlfriend. Sheesh.
He bent down and picked up his broom and muttering,
"I was just trying to get it right, I can never get it right", he began to walk away.

Andy saw Al begin to walk away and went after him, she put her hand on his arm.
"Hey, Al it's ok you know" She smiled trying to make him feel better, "Not everyone gets it the first time around".

Alastar knew she was only trying to make him feel better, for goodness sake the girl flew like everyone else walked.
"Easy for you to say", he grumbled, scratching his head and scuffing the ground with his foot.

"Hey, do you think I just got up on a broom one day and flew like that", she clicked her fingers and looked at him.
"No. I didn't. My father started teaching me on my tenth birthday, it took me hours to get the broom to actually come up. So trust me I am so jealous of the kids here who got it up first time or got it up third try. I had so many bruises on my shoulder and arm that day and for many days afterwards", she smiled at the memory.
"If you give up that's all you'll remember about flying", she looked at him kindly, "never give up Al. Never."
She took the broom from his hand and placed it on the ground, she stood beside it in a confident stance and placed her hand over the broom with her fingers splayed out.
"Stand beside your broom like this, treat it like your pet as if you're going to give it a command that you need obeyed".

Al looked her and couldn't believe what she was saying, practise makes perfect wasn't that what his parents were always telling him. He nodded his head slowly and stood beside the broom as she showed him with his fingers outstretched. He turned and asked "What next?"

"Take a deep breath Alastar and as you exhale speak clearly and mean the words. Visualise and I know that sounds silly but visualise the broom coming up to your hand", she smiled and urged him to give it a try.
"When you're ready say 'UP'" she told him.

Al didn't think he would ever be ready but inhaled like she said and as he exhaled tried his best to see the broom in his mind rising from the ground into his outstretched hand.
"UP", the broom rose slowly but it rose, as soon as it hit the inside of his hand his fingers locked around it. His face registered only shocked amazement.
"I did it! I did it!" he laughed, he turned to where the others stood and smiled, "did you see that? I did it".
He turned back to Andromeda.
"Thank you, really thanks".

Andy smiled at him, "Well looks like my work here is done".
She gave him a cheeky wink and turning to the others said, "I better get my run in before it rains again. I'll see you later".
With that Andromeda patted Al on the arm, smiled at him and walked off to the side to do her stretches before running her laps around the pitch.

Alastar was still in shock, he put the school broom back onto the ground and decided to try again. He did exactly as Andromeda told him to do and again the broom flew straight up into his hand. He shook his head in disbelief and looked up at her as she ran around the pitch. He smiled to himself, remarkable insanely remarkable was the only thought that would formulate.

Violet watched from a distance as Andy showed the boy how to use his broom, and smiled when he got it right. She was glad that Andy showed him, because she was a good teacher and an expert flier. When Andy wandered off, Violet shyly made her way over to the boy.
"Hi," she said, quietly. "I'm sorry if I and the others embarassed you before. I was just going to say, I know how you feel - I had so much trouble learning to fly." She paused, and realised she hadn't even introduced herself properly yet. "I don't think we've had a chance to formally meet, even though we're in the same house. I'm Violet," she said, as she held out her hand to the boy. She hoped he didn't think she was too ridiculous and talkative.

"Hi Violet", Al shook her hand and smiled. "I just got mad with myself for not being able to do it you know. Sorry I walked away like that. I think I was here for nearly 20 minutes by myself failing miserably then everyone seemed to show up all at once." He scratched his head, "I don't do well with crowds especially if I'm failing miserably. I'm Alastar but you can call me Al".
Alastar picked up his broom again.
"I've seen you around the commonroom, you're huff and puff too. Great!" he smiled.

Violet smiled, "Nice to meet you, Al!". She shrugged. "Yeah, it's understandable. Crowds are frightening. But, it's cool here, the 1st years are really nice people. At least you're getting it now. You'll be a pro in no time!" She grinned. "And Hufflepuffs are awesome!" she exclaimed.

"well, you don't have to be afraid, don't dare to be like me. i hate quidditch not just because of my accident when i was 6, but i felt dizzy when i'm in the air." lexi said making an apologetic face.

"Alaster, don't worry about it. Every one was like you when they first started. No one can just be great at Quidditch. I mean I couldn't even get my broom to follow my orders till I practiced for atleast a week. Don't sweat it. I'm not a big fan of the spotlight either. Your gonna be great. All you need is practice!' Ivy siad brightly. She was happy that he hadn't give up and was still trying. When Alaster got the hang of it, Ivy grinned like a cat. " See, I knew you can do it. As Andromeda says; Practice makes Perfect." Ivy pumped her fist in the air for emphasis. "what accident?" Ivy asked in concern when Lexi spoke.

"thanks" he smiled at all the encouragement he was getting.
"Nice to know so many care", he joked with them.

He held the broom and decided not to tempt fate though and went to put the broom back.
"I'll call it a day I think".

"oh, i just fell out of my mother's broom when i was 6, i almost didn't survive you know. my mom didn't catch me in time, its like 15 feet my head was the first one to touch the ground. so they emerged me in a muggle hospital not in st. mungo's." lexi said in a sad tone remembering what happened. "well, its not really the end of my life you know i live but my father said i wont going to a broom again just watched it."

she looked to alastar to the others and back to alastar. "don't worry alastar it wont happened to you, your to old now. your not like me who fell when 6 years old." she smiled to alastar. "well, ivy and the others are here to help you, i'm just going to watched." lexi said while taking a sit at the grassy ground of the pitch.

Ivy smiled sadly and sympathetically at Lexi's story. "Alaster, do yuo want to try mounting the broom?" Ivy asked in her professional and authoritive voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back