Urgent

Brunhilde Sigurd

OOC First Name
Amanda
Brunhilde made her way through the many halls of Drage Herrogard, her movements fluid and quick. She pulled a strand of pale blonde hair behind her ear, her expression drawn and her lips pursed. There were some very pressing matters at hand, and she was looking for her father. She glimpsed him sitting down in the dining room, and said, "Hello, Far."

Tipping back his glass of red wine, Valcan looked over the rim of the glass at his daughter, who appeared troubled. "What is the matter, daughter?" he inquired in thick Norwegian. The big man's expression, as always, was a little softer with his daughter than everyone else.

"Many things are the matter. But the most pressing one at hand is the fact that you are going to have yet another grandchild," Brunhilde said coolly.

Valcan repressed the urge to spit out his wine, swallowing it with a rather painful gulp. "What? You're pregnant?" he exclaimed, not willing to believe it.

"No, Far," Brunhilde replied with a smirk at her father's expression. "It is not I who is with child; rather, it is a brother's companion."

Her smirk grew broader as she watched her father. "And surprise surprise, it was not Tristan, either. It just happens to be my baby brother."

"WHAT?!" Valcan explained, rising from his chair, the wine spilling all over the rich wood table. "Lief??" He kicked the chair over, his expression angry. "With whom?"

Brunhilde smirked. "Daisy Lockhart, of course. A really delightful woman. Although I can't say if they are planning on getting married or not. Daisy told me at work today."

"Where is he?" Valcan hissed, his expression livid. He expected such surprises from Tristan, but definitely not Lief. He started to pace, his wrinkled face contorted in anger. "Where is your brother?"

"You know, Far," Brunhilde said, her lips thin, "I really couldn't tell you. But I know that they spent the past month in Spain."

Valcan's expression remained taut and angry, although he was not subject to any more outbursts. His voice remaining at a calm level, he said quietly, "If you happen to contact your brother, tell him to come to me. No exceptions." He held his composure, and then said, "Please leave me be to my own thoughts."

"Of course, Far," Brunhilde said, nodding her head slightly but too regal to bow. She was in her own house, of course. Prominently she left, smirking, and wondering where her brother was.

Valcan put his emptied glass on the table, bidding the withered old house elf Demetri to clean it up. Gazing into space, he stroked the stubble on his chin, thinking deeply and his anger intensifying by the moment. He had expected something like this of Tristan; not of Lief.

The sound of apparation echoed in the dining room, Lief's expression containing an unusual happy glow. His pale face had gotten quite a tan in Spain; needless to say, he didn't look like a ghost anymore. His heart seized as he saw his angry father at the table. "You wished to see me, Far?"

"Sit," Valcan stated poisonously, beckoning to a chair on his right and pulling it out angrily. It was not a question of politeness, either; it was a demand. His ice blue eyes burned with lividity, boring into Lief.

Lief's expression hardened as he looked at his father. Did he find out? he thought. Well, of course he did. He shifted uncomfortably, his gaze hardening as he stared back, unable to pull his eyes away. "Yes? I'm listening."

Valcan's normally pale face turned an even deeper red, even though it had seemed impossible, the wrinkles on his expression disappearing beneath the deep color. "Don't be impudent with me, boy," he spat angrily. He would have struck Lief if not for the fact that he was indeed a grown man. "I would have expected as much of your older brother, Lief Ivor," he snapped, continuing his rant. "The fact that you would put off telling me about a grandchild astounds me. I deserve much better."

Attempting to cool himself off, he sat back, his gaze as hard as stone. "Do you plan on marrying her?"

Lief's expression was unchanged, although inside his head was still in the clouds about Daisy. "I've considered it," he finally replied quietly, refusing to avert his gaze from his father.

Valcan's expression darkened, and he rose, looming above his son. "There is to be no consideration about it. You have no choice." His voice was deep and commanding, filled with a finality that dared to be challenged.

Lief was definitely in love with Daisy, and he wouldn't mind marrying her, but the authoritarian finality that was in his father's voice brought out a rebellious side of him. "I think you're going past your limits trying to tell a grown man what to do," Lief snapped back on a beat, and a vein in his neck pulsed. He had never addressed his father like this before.

"And I as well, would hope that you would know your place," Valcan replied with gritted teeth, his anger intensifying by the moment. "You will be marrying that woman; I'll not have another grandchild with no stable home or parents." He was a bit surprised at Lief's anger towards him, but he was careful to conceal that surprise, his expression still a mask of anger.

Lief rose from his chair, quite feeling like a teenager again. "Alright; whatever. I'll consider it." He started to walk away towards the wall, prepared to apparate.

Enraged, Valcan pulled a knife from the dinner table, chucking it towards his son and embedding it in the wall just centimeters from his head. The knife gleamed silver, still moving back and forth from the momentum that it was thrown.

Lief managed to dodge the knife, staring back at his father angrily and swearing. "What the hell was that for?"

Valcan smirked; there were some that questioned if he was emotionally stable, but he didn't care. The smirk faltered as he glared back at Lief. He rose and paced over to his son. "You will listen to me, and you will leave when you are dismissed," he snarled, "You will marry that woman whether you like it or not, for the sake of the child."

"Alright," Lief snapped, his father just a foot from him, "I've got it." He decided that agreeing would be easier for the both of them; his father appeared as if the blood vessel in his neck was going to burst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back