Upset

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie ran out into the Hogwarts gardens wiping her eyes.
Looking for an isolated spot she found one and collapsed onto a bench.
Ellie looked down at the letter her mum had sent her as a fresh set of tears spilled out.
Dear Ellie,

Hunni im sorry to tell you this, but Ross came to the door this morning.
He said that since youre away and eveything theres no point in yous going out and that he likes someone else at his new school.
He asked me to phone and tell you, but obviosly i cant do that so ive sent you this.
Im sorry dear.
Keep your chin up

Mum xxxx

Ellie re-read it 3 times, not relly taking it in.
Ross was her boyfriend in London, he had been since p5 and she loved him.
Or she thought she did.
Ellie knew that this would happen but she was still shocked. She knew Ross would find someone else, she knew they would have to break-up eventually, with Ellie going to Hogwarts and everything, but shed been having so much fun shed forgot about it.
Ross had been her first boyfriend, they had done lots of fun things together.
They would climb trees and go to the cinemas and everything.
Ross had been one of the people she had missed most from back home.
She cryed more now thinking of his sparkling brown eyes and soft brown hair and lightly tanned skin.
Ellie tryed to stop cryin, but it didnt work. It made her cry more.

(( Sorry if that post is weird, kind of going through something like it the now in RL so thought i would bring it into my carahter :) ))

Amy thought she would make the most of the weather, while the sun was out, even if it was for a few hours when she decided to go into the garden. She hadn't gone far in when she heard the sound of crying. Looking round for the source she saw Ellie sitting ona bench by herself, a letter in her hand and crying. Amy walked slowly over, not wanting to suprise Ellie.
"Ellie, are you okay?" Amy asked tentativley. As soon as she uttered those words she cursed herself inwardly, obviously she's not okay you plum she thought to herself.
She slowly sat herself down next to Ellie, and waited for her to reply.

Ellie wiped her eyes and stopped crying with a big gulp.
She gave Amy a weak smile as she sat down next to her.
"No to good to be honest" Ellie replied, she had stopped crying but her breathing was still heavy.
"Look" she said handing her mums letter to Amy and smiling.
SAhe didnt kno why she had been soo upset, she had just been shocked.

Amy said nothing as Ellie handed her the letter. She hesitated to read it, thinking it an invision of privacy but seeing as Ellie had willingly given it to her Amy began to read.
Dear Ellie,

Hunni im sorry to tell you this, but Ross came to the door this morning.
He said that since youre away and eveything theres no point in yous going out and that he likes someone else at his new school.
He asked me to phone and tell you, but obviosly i cant do that so ive sent you this.
Im sorry dear.
Keep your chin up

Mum xxxx

Amy stopped and looked at Ellie, "I'm sorry to hear it Ellie" she said giving her a big hug. "He's missed out big time with you!" she said reassuringly to Ellie.

Ellie hugged Amy back, she was glad that she had someone to talk too.
"Thanks, So anyway, how have you been" She asked, smiling at Amy and wiping away the last of her tears.

"Glad to help" Amy said smiling brightly at Ellie. "Yeah the usual" she said with a shrug. "You okay,..apart from all this?" she asked Ellie in return.

"Yeh im good" Ellie said grinning, "Are you missing any of your old friends back home" She asked.

Amy was glad that Elli had perked up a bit. "I didn't have many friends so I don't have that many to miss" she said with a shrug. "How about you?" she asked Ellie in return.

"I wish i had only a few friends back home, it would be easier to cope with" She said, laughing a little.
"Yeh, i had some really good firends, Cos although my mum and dad were both magic they sent me and my wee brother too school, they wanted us to have a normal education and too make friends before coming to Hogwarts" Ellie told her, thinking of Livvi, Annabell, Ross and Drake, her best friends back in London.
"Ive made alot of new friends here though so im happy" Ellie said grinning at Amy.

Amy smiled, listening to Ellie talk about her friends, "Its always difficult leaving people behind I guess" she said with a small smile. "Are you enjoying it here then?" Amy asked Ellie.

"Yeh, i love it, how are you finding it?" She asked Amy, realising that she had been going on about herself and hadnt really asked Amy anything about herself.

"Yeah I think its great here, I'm really enjoying my time here!" she said happily, a smile on her face. "Do you have any plans to go to the Yule Ball then? It seems everyones talking about it!" she added on at the end.

"Great" Ellie said grinning, then "Yeh i really wanna go, i bought a lovely blue dress. The only problem is i have no-one to go with." She told Amy before asking "Do you?" Smiling.

"Sounds lovely!" Amy said in reply to hearing about Ellie's dress. "I'm not too bothered about going to be honest with you" she said with a shrug. "I know Andy's not planning on going so maybe we'll be doing something in the common room" she said with a smile.

"Kool" Ellie said grinning. She was starting to worry. If she didnt get a partner she wouldnt be able to go!

"Is there anyone you really would like to go with?" Amy asked with a smile.

"Not really. I dont really know many boys here" She told Amy, returning her smile.

"I'm sure someones bound to ask you!" she said smiling at Ellie, nudging her playfully.

"I'm sure there's someone who would most definently want to go with you!" she said, reassuring Ellie.

"I hope so" Ellie said, before asking "When is the Yule Ball anyway" She didnt actually know the date.

"Ah, now thats a question and a half, I really don't know!" she said, pausing for a thought.

"Me either" Ellie said, tilting her head to the left slightly. There was no posters up or nothing!
"In my old school they would put up posters about dances" She told Amy before asking, "Did you go to Primary School?"

"Yeah I guess so!" Amy said in response to Ellies comment about the ball. "Yeah I did, just a small one though, in England, did you?" she asked in return.

"Yes, i went in London, Mines was small too. It was kind of good though, because then you knew eveyone in the school." She said, thinking of her old primary school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back