Upset about sorting

LeighAnn McClay

LeighAnn was very upset about sorting. She really wanted to be in Syltherin so bad. She thought of her mother and cried. She sat down beside a tree.

Sam noticed LeighAnn..at least he thought it was LeighAnn. He walked up to her and noticed she was crying. "Hey LeighAnn." he said casually. "Whats wrong?" he sat down in front of her.

Sam smiled, he was going throught the exact same thing. He could help her out here. "LeighAnn, its fine." he said soothingly. "We're both in the same boat. I'm in Hufflepuff too. My Father and Mother and well my whole family, including uncles, aunts, cousins etc. They were all Slytherin. When my dad finds out about this...." Sam relised he hadn't really thought about this yet. It was a massive problem. "He'd rather disown me then have a "Puff" for a son." Sam said to her, "Thats how cool he is." he said sarcastically. "Well, you can do just as good as you would in Hufflepuff than you would have Slytherin." he said to her simply. It didn't matter to him. He was still going to be friends with people from different houses.

Kate had just finished her shopping in Obsidian Harbour and was heading back. On her way, she found two younger students sitting together. They looked rather upset so Kate slowly went over and asked them, "Are you two OK?"

Kate suddenly recognised them, they were two frst year Hufflepuffs.

Sam looked around abrupty when a voice came behind them. He recongnised her. From where? He took a guess. "Sam Prince. Your from Hufflepuff?" he asked her hoping he was right.

Kate smiled at Sam as he introduced himself. "Yes, nice to meet you Sam. I am Kate Johnson. Second year now! And are you both first years then? Are you pleased to be in HUfflepuff?" Kate asked them kindly, remebering how scary it was for her last year with all of the older students throwing questions at her.

Sam smiled to her. "Well, I am." Sam said happily. He din't really care what house he was in so it didn't matter. "I'm not so sure about LeighAnn here." Sam said though he didn't really want to give the spotlight to her, obviously she din't want a scene.

LeighAnn looked up at the two and smiled slightly at them... She didn't want to offend anyone by telling them no that she hated the idea of being in Hufflepuff. "No... I'm ok... And Sam I don't think you understand... I wanted to be in Slytherin, because my mom was in Slytherin... She died not to long before I got here, it was her dream for me to be like her and to be in Slytherin... I'm such a failure to her. I should of thought harder about being in Slytherin"

Sam's stomach lurched. He wasn't good at this after all. "I'm so sorry LeighAnn..." he said as she told him about her mother. He looked at Kate for assitance. Girls were good at this kinda stuff..right? "Your not a failure LeighAnn..." he smiled to her, thats all he could think off. Then he shut his mouth and looked down at the ground awkwardly hoping Kate would chip in a bit.

James had been wandering around Obsidian Harbor looking for his new items for classes and such. He seen Sam, LeighAnn and another girl he didnt know. James walked over to them and said."Hey." He noticed that LeighAnn looked upset about something."You alright?"He asked with a smile.

Taylor was walking at her usual fast pace. 'Where to go next' She thought, keeping her eyes on the supplies list in front of her. She was caught off guard as she tripped over someone elses foot, she glanced up to see LeighAnn.

Taylor laughed uneasily and quickly got up off the ground.
"I do it all the time, should really watch where im going." Taylor said, a little embarassed, but not too worried about the situation. "Your LeighAnn right?" Taylor noticed the other girl looked as though she had been crying. "Are you ok?" She asked, just to be sure.

"I do too.. A little more often then I would like to admit actuall.. And I'm ok... Just a little upset about sorting... Umm... Have we met before?" LeighAnn smiled at the girl, whom she has no earthly idea who she is...

Taylor blushed a little.
"I saw you being called up for sorting, sorry if i creeped you out. I have quite a good memory, especially with names. You got sorted into Hufflepuff didnt you? Which house did you want to be sorted into?"
Taylor didnt want to admit it, but she herself was slightly upset about sorting. It didnt bother her too much though, as her Mum would say 'You win some you lose some.'

"Oh ok, i wanted to be in Slytherin too, but got its rival house." Taylor laughed. "I wouldnt worry too much, you will be able to see him lots. Im guessing he is a boyfriend, or best friend then?"

" You guessed right the first time... Boyfriend..." she looked James and smiled. "I know... I also want to follow in my mother's shoes." A tear ran down her face as she thought of her mother.

Taylor felt a stab of sorrow for the other first year, although she didnt know the reason she was upset, Taylor never did well with others crying. Maybe she really was a Gryffindor.
"Im sorry, i would ask, but it seems personal. Things wont be too bad, you can talk to me if you like. It is good to talk about things and im said to have pretty decent advice." Taylor tried her best to comfort the upset girl. Placing a hand on LeighAnn's shoulder.

"Oh, im sorry. It will be ok, im sure she wanted you to be happy here." Taylor smiled, she wasnt sure how to handle a situation like this, she just hoped she wasnt going about it the wrong way.
"Hufflepuff isnt that bad, it means your a good person, im sure your Mum would be proud of you either way."

"Oh." Now Taylor was stumped. "Everyones different and you cant help where you are placed. All i can really say is dont feel too upset about it." Taylor tried her best to be comforting. Deciding to change the subject a bit she asked. "Have you made any friends in Hufflepuff yet?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back