Up in Flames

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
It was a nice of not somewhat cloudy day in April but Sapphire Bookchild was in no mood to take in the grounds. She was angry. More angry than she had ever remembered being and seeing as she had had to watch as her sister Ruby be kicked and prodded by their younger siblings, that was saying something. She had many copies of the stupid papers in her arms as she walked right out to the middle of the lawns. It wasn't the fact that the mag had talked about her feeling for Jeremy. He knew and respected the fact that she was in love with him even if he didn't feel the same for her. Her fury did not come from the mag's clear insults to the nature of her condition. They where tame compared to insults that she had been subjected to at Bella-Donna Manor.

What made Sapphire so perfectly angry was that they dared say that she wanted anything to do with Taylor Hawkens. He was rude, conceded and judgmental and those where Sapphire thinking highly of him. The very thought of him made vomit come up from her throat a little. Especially when she thought about what he did to her. Sapphire walked out right to the middle of the ground and flung the papers that she had in her arms into the air then held them there with her wand, her eyes trained on every booklet that she had thrown up there. She flicked her wand to form words which made the magazines rip the pages out of themselves then follow her lead.

Sapphire made the pages spell out TAYLOR HAWKENS DIE IN A FIRE. There where whisperers around her now wondering what the poor mute girl was doing she caught the eyes of a few then shot six incendio spells up to the words she had made out of paper. This was exactly wheat she thought of the Ravenclaw. Sapphire looked up at what she had done. The flaming words reflected how the words burned in her heart. She would not give it a second thought if said boy would die in the most horrible raging fire storm on the planet.

Dymetris Kozlov walked out after the mute girl. She had been a friend of his last year, not a very close one but he really liked the girl just as much as any friends of his except Faxen. Faxen was different and he knew he did wrong, but that wasn't all the reason why he came out here chasing the girl. He had his school bag over his shoulder and watched as the rubbished pieces burn down to the ground. The smell tainted the air and the ground had no missing patches of grass. He took out his wand trying to repair the damages, but he caught her drift easily. She was mad, and who could blame her? Stupid magazine had to ruin everyone else days, not just hers but a whole lot of other people.

"I know that your mad, but killing the grass won't solve any problem" he chuckle a bit, slipping his wand right back into his pocket. "Do you want to talk about it? You know sign for me if you want? I'm here to listen" he said to the mute girl. It's quite sad that she couldn't say, but he was willing to take his time to read what she has to say. And maybe he could forget about his own problem for a while, later he'll catch up with Cosette then. If she's not to mad to hear him out.

OOCOut of Character:
Psst, none of the fire is actually touching the ground. She made the massage in the sky.

Sapphire saw Dymetris coming towards her as she feed page after page to the blazing message. She had also stuffed her school bag full of the things, not that there was that much room in there to start with. it didn't matter. She wanted to make sure that her meaning was burned into the memory of everyone watching. she wished him nothing more than a long painful fiery death. Since she couldn't do it to the boy she had to do it the thing that had spread that story around. Sapphire had intended the incident to stay with the few professors that she had told on him with.

Sapphire looked threw the last of the zine pages up into the airel bonfire before calming down enough to sign. "That horrid, bigoted, slimy son of a toad is what's the matter with me. To suggest, to even get the idea that I want anything to do with him is beyond preposterous. I would make out with Samuel Phillips before I touched him and he is a known womanizer. And manizer whatever the case maybe." Sapphire signed quickly. She had made up a special sign to call the elder Slytherin because of his bisexuality. She wasn't making fun of it one making sure that she was well aware that he played on both teams. She hoped that Dymetris had caught her meaning.

OOCOut of Character:
Gotcha.
Dymetris smile without meaning too. She was really upset and the fire she brought back again filled the air once more. As a friend he stood back and watched it again, as the flames ate whatever she fed it before it shimmer down again. 'I understand, but if you keep doing that and he does end up missing they will be blaming you for it" he said in much rather amusing tone of voice, he whipped out his wand again and let the flames died down. "Plus your letting him win if you let him get to you. All that stuff they write in the paper obviously isn't true, that I know of" if he wasn't in it himself, he would have liked to know more about the seventh year father. He's a father?! Now that's real life right there, Dymetris wonder how he's feeling about it.

He pocket his hands and stood at the side, "And aren't you and Jeremy dating? Cutest couple awards much?!" he teased Sapphire. That was another thing, Cosette and Dymetris married no freaking way. He was cheating on her for Christ sakes, what makes anyone think he would married someday? Probably because they thought Cosette and Dymetris were good together, and in some ways he would like to that actually to be true. He was confused. And then he wasn't the though of Faxen having his child in the future and being with her goddamn it was great feeling to imagine. She was his addiction and he was hers, how will they live without?

Sapphire spun round on her heel then let herself hit the ground, seated. She watched as the ashes started to fall from her message. She felt as if they where the little bits of her rage gathering and being blown away. The wind would never take away the feeling of hurt and disgust that she felt from Taylor but at least she had stopped herself from doing something truly stupid. I wish with all my heart that where true. I've told him of course my confidence in things like that growing a bit. If there is an ounce of truth in this while pile of filth is that Jeremy is in love with another. She signed then brought one knee up to her chest.

Sapphire tried everyday to make her heart move on. Jeremy had never answered her but she was sure that he would never love her the way she loved him. He was intoxicated with his blond bon-bon. Oh yes if there was something that she was proud of about herself was that her gem like eyes never missed much. She had seen in the great hall how he looked at the fair Slytherin from afar. Sapphire would sell what soul she could possibly have left to have him look at her that way but again it was never to be. Jeremy was not going out with her he would much less marry her. The couples page is bad but the marriage predictions are worse. None of them will come true. She signed up to her fellow puff and friend.

As he'd gotten up from his chair and readied himself to leave the Great Hall, Jeremy saw a commotion at the Hufflepuff table and he spotted Sapphire leaving with an armful of the Rumor Has It magazine. He paused for a moment, wondering if he should go after her. The last thing Jeremy wanted was to give whoever was writing the magazine even more information to go on in their next issue. Jeremy had gotten off relatively unscathed except for the brief mention in the quidditch article and the small blurb that didn't even mention him by name. The last thing he wanted was to see an article about himself. Sighing, Jeremy went after Sapphire anyway, spurred into action when he saw Dymetris leaving the Great Hall as well. Surely, his two friends would need someone to talk to.Keeping Dymetris in his sights, Jeremy tried to walk around the students entering and leaving the Great Hall. All around him, he could hear the whispers of students. This magazine had surely stirred things up in the school and he had the feeling that they would find out to what extent over the next few days. The magazine surely would be fueling arguments and fights.

Shaking his head, Jeremy stepped out of the castle, glad that he no longer had to sidestep students. He was only halfway towards the crowd of people that Jeremy could only assume Sapphire and Dymetris were a part of when letters appeared in the sky and were quickly set aflame. Jeremy had no doubt in his mind who had started the fire judging by the words in the sky. Tyler Hawkens - a fellow Ravenclaw, but one Jeremy barely knew. If what the article said about him was true, he seemed like a bit of a jerk. Jeremy was surprised that Sapphire would go for someone like that. As he walked closer, the acrid smell of something burning hit his nose. He realized that Sapphire had decided to use the magazines for a different purpose. Not catching any of the previous conversation between Sapphire and Dymetris, Jeremy innocently joined the conversation. This was the first time that he'd spoken to Sapphire since the nominations had come out. "Good use for the magazines, Sapphire" he said, the ghost of a smile on his face. "Are you guys ok? Do you want to talk or anything...er in private?" he added, seeing that the crowd, although slimming now that there seemed to be no more burning going on, was still very much present and likely listening to the conversation.

He tried to captured every words that she was signing, he was no expert at reading hand gesture but he was good at body language. She looked heart broken, he could see as she mention Jeremy again. So he was liking someone else? The last time he spoke to Jeremy was at a perfect meeting, they said very little to each other having enough time to exchange anymore then a greeting and how are you sort of question. The qudditch game didn't leave enough room to interact together, Dymetris was to busy looking for the snitch while Jeremy had been chaser on his team. Great game played between both teams. Now the gossip magazine was making it seem like his team were bunch of sore losers and Jeremy's team had won on luck. It was nothing like that, oh how much he despised when someone unknown twist the words and thinking of a great game like that. Couldn't they have left quidditch out of this? Seems so, and he had a strong feeling the magazine will not go away after it's first issues.

Dymetris ignored the factor of other students staring at Sapphire and him. He told them to move along now, there was nothing else to see. Some listen, some paid no mind to the puff. He forced to bare for the time being as he rubbed his forehead. "If I learn anything valuable this year, and it was Ancient Runes I believe, not everything will stay the same. For now it made seem good or bad, but there could be some major changes in your future" he explained to Sapphire, he hope she would comprehend what he was saying. Ancient Runes was life to him now, he had taken his lesson seriously and now understood things can happen as it was written or they could change under some new or old influence. "I'm sure in due times something amazing will happen, even if it's not with him, it might end up being someone else" he sat down besides her, rather he sat a few inches away so no one would think he was after Sapphire. Boy will that make more worthy gossip.

Dymetris went from being anxious, to relaxing when he heard Jeremy's voice. Saved by the bell, he though. 'Jeremy, hey what's up? I'm alright" deep down he wasn't, he had to play it off a little and then maybe later on tell him alone what was going on. Otherwise Dymetris spoke nothing of his secret.

Sapphire nodded and smiled it seemed like her friend was getting deeply into some philosophical stuff that came from one of his classed. Not that she would know. After giving up the life of pure knowledge Sapphire had was taking muggle studies and Care of Magical Cretures as electives. She thought about fiddling in Runes but most of the time she showed up to have her brain fried for the hours that they where in there. Sounds like you have a lot figured out. Sapphire signed with a large grin on her face. She wondered if it was the right time to take a poke at Dymitris' player games but decided to leave them alone for now.

Sapphire looked up and behind her as her best friend came towards them. Even with everything that was going on she was still happy to see him. After the fliers for class supers had gone out it was as if anywhere one was the other didn't want to bee. It had been just too embarrassing. "I'm ok now that I got my anger out." formed what seemed like yellow smoke which came from a pocket on the back of her shirt. Sapphire with the help of a teacher had gone into studying spells for the handicaped and found a spoken thoughts spell. Essentially all she had to was think the words she wanted to say and the smoke would write them around her. It wasn't like talking she knew but it was better than explaining that she was using sign language.

"Well most of it anyway. As long as there are people who still think I want to have anything to do with that son of a toad. I won't be totally ok but it's getting there. The smoke fromed for her. Even in her own mind she didn't allow herself to use fowl language. Sapphire looked up at Jeremy with her eyebrows raised. "Where did you have in mind? Apparently 'Rumor' is everywhere" She had the smoke from as she grinned to tell them both that it was a bit of a joke. The things that had been on those pages had been things that seemed like no one had a right to know but somehow someone did. She just hoped that the next one she wasn't in or there would be more than a burning message in the sky. Sapphire was a pasafest and normally didn't get riled up but things like this where just not fair.

Jeremy didn't really feel like sitting, so he remained standing in front of the two Hufflepuffs as he listened to them both state that they were ok. Perhaps Hufflepuffs were a lot stronger than people thought them to be or they were lying. Jeremy couldn't be sure, but he knew that he certainly wouldn't be alright if his secrets had been released in front of the entire school. Jeremy bit his tongue, not wanting to ask Sapphire about Tyler. "I'm alright Dymetris" Jeremy said in reply, "better than you guys, I bet." From what she had written, twice in the sky now, it seemed that the rumors were just that...rumors. But, a piece of Jeremy couldn't help but wonder if there might have been something between them that had soured. It's none of your concern either way, he reminded himself. Sapphire was a big witch and could take care of herself.

He shrugged his shoulders as she asked where he wanted to go. "Oh yea..." he trailed off, a slight frown crossing his face. Jeremy glanced around, staring at a student who was paying too much attention to their conversation. The student turned away and headed back for the castle. "I guess nowhere is really safe from the writer, huh?"

Dymetris looked at Sapphire amazed. Her mood lighten up the instant Jeremy came around. And it's like Jeremy didn't see what he just saw coming from his Hufflepuff friend. She may have expressed, though it didn't seem clear to him Jeremy had yest to receive the message. In the brief moment that he was away from his thoughts, Dymetris looked away missing the few signs Sapphire said to him. She maybe fine and dandy, Dymetris was not. He had to sort out his own issues, sticking around here did him no good. He left Faxen abounded and Cosette possibly too in the Great Hall. There was just one thing, he had no clue who to go first and what to do right after he explains to them both. Faxen would be easy, she knew about Cosette yet she maybe confused just as him. Oh how, oh will he get out of this without each girls tearing each other part?! It's another part of life where he should kick himself where it hurts for being a complete douche. Still, Faxen and Cosette. He shook his head disbelief.

"No, these writers would be anywhere" he said rubbing his hands together. Dymetris got up and dusted his pants from any lagging plant that may have stuck on his uniform pant. "Hey Jeremy you have a moment to spare before class starts, don't mean to pull you away from this all" he asked Jeremy in front of Sapphire, she maybe voiceless but she wasn't deft and there was something he'd like to know and Sapphire hearing would be odd for him to ask in front of her. He smiled at Sapphire, she was braver then he thought, she simply looked different compare to a few fuming seconds ago.

Sapphire would tell anyone who asked that she thought Taylor Hawkens was a son of a big fat warty slimy toad. Not that anyone was in the mood for asking her after being made a fool of by some unknown with a printing press. Sapphire looked from one to the other and shook her head. "I'm better. Not compleatly fine but not too bad either. I will be better when House points are taken away from Taylor for what that line meant, sorry Jeremy, or he's kicked out of school. The line was real but he was yelling it at me after I put him in half a full body bind and wrote 'pervert' on his forehead. He is a pervert for molesting a girl that seeming can't defend herself." She smoked to them both. Since there where no secrets left at the school there was no reason for Sapphire not to talk about even in this setting. Besides she wanted everyone to know the truth about what happened though whether or not they would take her meteorically word for it was yet to be seen. She could also tell that they where questioning whether they where really ok or not so she thought that she would make it clear what she meant.

Sapphire too got up and put her hands behind her head. She looked at Dymetris wondering what he was up to then looked at Jeremy. "If he gets your attention before class I get it after up in the North Tower as usual for us. If there are any 'Rumors' there we can knock them off and make it look like an accident. I joke of course." She said then put her hand to her lips to say that she was laughing. Sapphire again was not the type to hurt anyone no matter how much they hurt her before hand. This was why she wanted Taylor disgraced instead of permanatly damaged. Well not totally, after all she had just wished for him do die in a fire.

Jeremy listened to Sapphire as she 'spoke' some more about the situation. I knew she wasn't fine Jeremy thought to himself as he listened to his friend vent. He tried his best not to let out a full grin take over his face as he heard what she'd done. As a prefect, he couldn't approve of something like that but as Sapphire's friend he certainly could. Jeremy was now even more convinced that Tyler was a jerk.

Glad that some of the crowd had dissipated, Jeremy watched as his fellow prefect stood up and dusted himself off. As Dymetris addressed him, Jeremy listened and then quickly nodded his head. "Yea, I've got a couple of minutes" he agreed, wondering what Dymetris was going to say. What had been in that article had been pretty crazy information. Jeremy had enough trouble figuring out what one woman was thinking, let alone having to figure out and please two women. Jeremy had never had a girlfriend before so he really couldn't put himself into Dymetris's shoes, but he also wasn't sure that he wanted to be in his shoes. Jeremy couldn't be sure, but he had the feeling that one woman was more than he could handle. "Ok...I'll catch you later then Saph" he nodded. Jeremy turned his blue eyes towards his male friend, and waited for him to begin walking back towards the castle. Jeremy had to head to Potions, but he had plenty of time before class would actually begin.

Dymetris turn and walk towards the castle. He would've said goodbye to Sapphire but they were in the same class so there was no point in doing so. Matter of fact he'd like to talk to her later or walk her to class just in case no good Tyler bump into them. He was at that point he wouldn't mind giving the boy a punch or two for perving on his innocent friend. "Okay two things, one this girl is crazy about you dude. She was about to like start world war three with the skies if you hadn't came just now. She was really mad and then you came" maybe because Sapphire signs, maybe what she expressed to Jeremy hadn't been clear to him. Maybe who knows, maybe Dymetris was the one that misread her signs just now. He passed on the information Jeremy had to know, as a friend to the both of them he thought he had to ought know about it.

The next thing was sort of hard for him. "And I lied, I'm not okay man. I screwed up big time. What they said about the magazine was true. I'm in a situation in which I don't know what to do, it's stressing me out more only because of that magazine said to the whole school" Dymetris found that he could tell Jeremy anything, he said more in a low voice just in case anyone else was hearing. He was in state of panic, he would act cool but he really was not. And he was sure if he didn't break up with Cosette, Faxen will stop wanting to be with him or worst go to Cosette with the secret. He felt anxious, nervous, he was a total recipe for disaster. "What should I do?!" he lean on the older Ravenclaw for some healthy advice. Dymetris would think he would know what to do. Jeremy wouldn't make the choices he made, at the time it felt so right to his heart, he completely ignored his mind when it kept telling him no. Dymetris turn around, he could still see Sapphire, he did not want her to know the truth. She was okay with him now, he'd feel like poop if another of his friends knew this to be true. He sighed heavily shaking his head, he was so messed up right now. This was not a laughing matter to him.

Jeremy walked, his hands in his pocket, as he waited for Dymetris to begin talking. After he heard what his friend wanted to talk about, Jeremy sighed. He didn't know how to respond. Sure, he knew that Sapphire was fond of him, but he just didn't feel that way about her. He didn't know what Dymetris expected him to do with the information he was giving him. Glancing uneasily over his shoulder at Sapphire, who Dymetris was claiming only calmed down because he arrived, Jeremy looked back to the Hufflepuff male. "C'mon..." he said, as if the guy was exaggerating.

He was glad when his friend didn't dwell on the subject or force him to explain himself. He listened, trying his best to not allow any expression onto his face. It seemed that although the magazine was lying or exaggerating about Sapphire, it was spot on about Dymetris. He couldn't say that he would make the same choices but he could understand how difficult a situation it was to deal with. The young man let out a low whistle. "Wow, dude." He looked down at the ground for a moment, wondering advice he should give. "You have to come clean to them even if the magazine already told them...because they should hear it from you" he stated. "And you've got to sit down and think about which girl you really want to be with because it's not fair to either of them...or you." His blue eyes looked sympathetically at his friend and he took one of his hands out of his pocket to pat Dymetris on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back