Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Lou
Wand
Yew 12'' Core of Jackalope Antler
Erik was content. He didn't have everything in his life together, and to some degree, probably never would, but he had Lou. This particular evening, he was curled up on the sofa with his lover. They were both getting ready to settle in for the night. Erik's legs were stretched across Lou's lap as he propped up a book. He'd finished his mug of hot cider and plate of spiced cookies. As Erik was getting older, he savored these quiet moments more and more. Especially when he could share them with Lou.

@Lou Prindeou

Lou always enjoyed quieter moments like these. Since Erik had talked him into hiring more help on the farm, Lou had more free time to spend at home with his love. They were settled comfortably into the couch, and Lou was half asleep with Eriks legs in his lap. He had an arm draped over Eriks knees, the other tucked behind his head as he snored lightly.

Christian was not happy. He’d just settled Natia down to bed and had been enjoying a quiet evening with Teuila and Sefina when a large brown owl swooped through their open window and dropped a letter into his lap. The bird had stared him down, perching itself on his side table and pecking his sleeve when he didn’t move fast enough to open it. He didn’t recognize the handwriting at first. Christian couldn’t remember the last time he had spoken to his grandfather, let alone received a letter from him. He rose from his seat, sighing as he pieced together the perfectly scrawled letters. Christian was getting tired of being whisked away by family members he wanted nothing to do with.

With a rushed apology and a quick explanation to his wife and daughter, Christian slipped into a coat, throwing together a small briefcase with his clothes, a journal, other necessities. He patted down his pocket to make sure he had his wand before taking off. The trip to New Zealand alone was going to be a long journey.

Hours later, he arrived at the last address Erik had given him. He hoped it was the most updated. With his brother’s history, he could be halfway across the globe by now. Christian felt the fall chill acutely as he knocked on the door. He shivered, tightening his coat around him.

Erik smiled as Lou dozed off. He didn’t have the heart to tell him he was snoring. Personally, Erik found it adorable. He was halfway through a paragraph when a steady, rapping thud reached his ears. He looked up from his book, his head still spinning from the story he’d been yanked out of. “Did someone just knock?” he asked quietly, more to himself than Lou.

Lou woke up a little bit as someone knocked on the door. He shifted a little, turning his head. "Yes," he yawned, barely moving. He rubbed his thumb gently over the man's leg. "Who is it?" He asked, mumbling.

Erik sat up as Lou confirmed it. “Merlin, I don’t know who at this time of night…” There was a knock again, more urgent this time. “I’ll get it.” Erik extricated himself from Lou and reached for his wand, which he’d stashed on the side table. After the encounter with his sisters, he was more cautious about answering the door, having no idea who could be on the other side. He held his wand at his side as he stood there, not moving to unlock it just yet. “Who is it?” he called out, “it’s late, he added pointedly, not all that pleased about being disturbed during a peaceful evening.

Christian wondered if anyone was going to answer. They had to be home, or he was going to go on a goose chase looking for his brother. He knocked on the door again. Relieved to hear his brother on the other side of the door, he hollered, “It’s me, open up, Erik!” After a moment, he added, “Christian!” He was surprised with the glacial pace at which Erik moved to open the door. There was his brother, standing in his t-shirt and boxers, holding his wand as if he wasn’t sure what spell to use on an intruder. “Merlin, Erik, if you’re going to curse me, you’re going to have to be faster than that.” Although he hadn’t been formally invited in, Christian pushed his way through and closed the door behind him. He set his suitcase down on the floor and hung up his coat.

Lou yawned, pouting that Erik had to get up. He stretched, slowly pulling himself up off the couch as well. He walked over, putting his hands gently on Eriks shoulders. He almost smiled as Christian walked in, but his brow furrowed as he saw the suitcase. "Is everything alright?" He asked immediately, before remembering he was in his boxers. "I'm going to get pants, I'll be right back," he told them, moving to go upstairs. He returned shortly, dressed and with pants for Erik as well. He offered them to his love without a word, looking between the men to try and see what was happening.

Erik lowered his wand as Christian moved through the door. Over the last year and a half Erik had become much less trusting. His womb mother and his sisters had shattered his sense of safety. Even though Lou made him feel more secure, it didn't change the fact that there were witches (and wizards) out there that could mean them harm.

Erik glanced at Lou and nodded as he said he was going to get dressed. Erik moved into the kitchen, flicking his wand at the tea kettle and setting it to boil. "It's late…" he repeated, looking back at his brother. "Something happened." It was a statement, not a question. Erik glanced at Lou again as he returned. He took the pants, but didn't put them on. He was in no rush to get dressed.

Christian looked over at Lou, giving him a weak smile and a soft hello as the tall man approached them. He wasn't sure how much he wanted to say in front of Lou, but there wasn't a polite way around it. He followed Erik into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. Feeling sleepy himself, he settled his head on his hand. "I got a letter from Norway," he said, looking to Erik pointedly.

Lou shifted, slipping in behind Erik. He ran his hands gently up and down the mans arms, drawing Erik in against him carefully. He wasn’t sure what Christian was going on about, but he had the feeling Erik would. And if the man was here this late, with a suitcase, it couldn’t be good. Trying to show support, Lou pressed a kiss to the top of Eriks head, almost reminding him he wasn’t alone in that moment. Lou kept quiet, trying to be a strong presence supporting Erik rather than taking the moment.

When Lou pulled him in, Erik’s heart sped up for a moment, beating madly. Then, like that, it slowed down. He couldn’t explain the calming effect Lou had on him. Sighing heavily, he asked, “And? He’s not dead, is he?” Their grandfather was old, although not compared to the oldest of wizards. Erik knew miserable people either died early or held on forever out of spite. Truly, though, Erik knew if Valcan Drage had passed away, Christian wouldn’t be rushing over at the end of the evening; he would have waited until the morning and probably just sent a letter of his own.

Christian shook his head. He took the envelope out of his pocket, pushing it towards Erik. “No,” he said, biting his tongue, holding himself back from saying the word unfortunately. “He’s asking you and I to come as soon as we can.” He took a breath, “something’s happened to Dad. And with- your sisters.” Christian felt weird saying the word. He’d only heard about Astrid and Ingrid from Erik- he’d never met them himself. Christian supposed they were his sisters too. But it felt wrong to call them his own all the same.

Lou kept rubbing his hands gently over Eriks arms as the men talked, though he froze at the mention of Eriks sisters. In an almost immediate response, Lou snaked his arms around his lover. "Butterfly," he breathed gently in Eriks ear, making his presence a little stronger. He knew Eriks sisters was a terrible subject. He wanted to make completely sure Erik knew he wasn't alone.

Erik was glad to have Lou to steady him. He leaned back into his partner. His stomach dropped when Christian mentioned their dad and both Astrid and Ingrid. Worry twisted his guts. “Did he give any more details?” Erik asked hesitantly. He didn’t reach for the envelope. The wizard wasn’t sure he wanted to read it after all.

Christian shook his head. He looked up at the two of them. Although Erik seemed to be fairly serious with Lou, he wasn’t sure how much he wanted to say around them. Their father’s criminal past was something they kept guarded amongst themselves. He might have changed, but there was an unspoken pact to protect him. Even if that was the wrong thing to do. There was a reason their family home had been Unplottable. Sighing, Christian slid the envelope back across the table and stuffed it in his pocket. “He was fairly vague. But I’m nervous.” He leaned back in the chair. “I need you to go with me. I can’t visit him alone.”

Lou stayed quiet, not wanting to intrude. He just held Erik a little tighter. "Whatever you want," he whispered gently as Christian asked Erik to go along. Lou would support whatever decision Erik made.

Erik nodded at Lou’s words of support. Gently, he pulled himself away from Lou. He poured hot water over three mugs with herbal tea bags and handed one to Christian. “I’ll go,” he said, “but I need a little time. And I suppose I’ve got to pack.” His lips upturned just slightly, he moved out of the kitchen, gesturing with his head for Lou to follow him up the stairs.

Lou gave Christian a gentle smile and followed Erik upstairs. Fairly sure the man wouldn't know where it was, Lou took one of the suitcases from the closet and started packing it for the man. "Are you okay?" He asked gently, watching his love and giving him a moment to comprehend what had happened.

Erik was about to ask Lou where the suitcases were when his lover already started to work on it. He sat down on the bed and put his hands in his lap. He sighed. “I think so,” Erik replied, biting his lip. “I could just go the rest of my life without seeing that man.” Or his womb mother’s side of the family, for that matter.

Lou paused in his work and moved to sit next to Erik. "Do you want me to go with you?" He asked gently, reaching up to brush Eriks hair back. "You have my support, whatever you want."

Erik leaned into Lou’s shoulder. He loved the feeling of Lou’s hands against his forehead. “I would if it didn’t have to do with him,” he said honestly. He reached for Lou’s fingers and squeezed them reassuringly in his own. “My grandfather’s a bitter old homophobe. I don’t want him to meet you. He doesn’t deserve to be introduced.” Thankfully, Valcan had softened up on the pureblood front, not that it redeemed him. Estrella had managed a strong relationship with him, but other than her sons, most of the family had distanced themselves from the old Norwegian wizard.

Lou let out a slow sigh, lacing his fingers with Eriks. "Alright, butterfly. I'll stay here." Lou leaned in and kissed him gently. "Do you want to cuddle before you leave?" Lou asked, thinking a bit of closeness would be nice before Erik went off to deal with unpleasant things.

Erik laughed, not unkindly, when Lou suggested they take a moment. He kissed Lou back. “Lovebird, I hate this,” he replied, “but I’d love it if you cuddled me for a bit.”

Lou pouted, before he chuckled and leaned in, pressing a chaste kiss to Eriks temple. "Alright. You settle down, let me pack for you really quick and I'll be right there. Christian will be fine." He stood and walked over to the closet, gathering a few more things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back