Unusual Occurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost
Valentine's Dances, during the evening, one would have Professor Kalif Styx locked up inside of his study. However, tonight was different. Yet, Kalif was not dressed any differently. His black robes looked as normal as ever for him. However, rather than chaperoning or something other professors do, he was actually attending the dance with a date. It was talked about, and Kalif eventually said yes with some convincing since events like this were not his thing. Kalif waited by the door and loomed over the students. Arms crossed, his stern expression settled nicely. He waited on the one that managed to drag him from his solitude in his study patiently.

Jacqueline was enjoying being back in the castle, and she would have been lying if she said Kalif Styx wasn't a part of the reason. She had been spending quite a bit of time with the man, and after a lot of convincing, she had managed to get Kalif to agree to attend the Valentine's Dance with her. Jacqueline found Kalif, standing by the door to the Hall, looking cross. She smirked as she looked at him, amused by his expression. She crossed the room to him, taking him by the arm. "Ready for the dance, Kalif?" she said, smiling at him.

Onyx eyes turned as Kalif felt Jacqueline take his arm, just relieved to wasn’t Haden. The nerve of that man. He should have messed with his mind but ultimately, didn’t. Who would believe that the Slytherin Head of House would have done such a thing? “Not in the least bit,” responded Kalif as he led her out onto the dance floor. It has been a while since he had danced with anyone. And the only person he had was with his former wife. This was different. “This is the first time I have bothered with one of these dances, during my time here at the school.”

Jacqueline followed Kalif out on to the dance floor with a smirk on her face. She saw quite a few of the students staring at the professors, no doubt in shock that Professor Styx was dancing. Jacqueline had frequently attended the dances in the past, mostly to see her children at the events or her daughter-in-law. The transfiguration professor scanned the room now, looking for a glimpse of Cyndi, but not seeing her. She did, however, spot two of her grandchildren, Jacob with another boy and Jemma talking to another girl. Jacqueline shook her head at Kalif. "Really? Never? But you have been teaching here for a long time now." she said, raising an eyebrow at him. "Thank you for agreeing to come with me tonight. I don't recognize many professors from my previous time at the school." she said, smiling at him.

”Too long if you ask me,” Kalif shrugged his shoulders while reflecting over the years of his tutelage. But it was something to do and he got paid for it, so Kalif should really not complain about it. “These events aren’t exactly my favorite.” He hated them but he wasn’t going to say that. It wasn’t obvious in his tone of voice. “You are welcome. My patience seems to be running higher than normal lately. Most of them are new. The turnover rate is ridiculous.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back