Untimely Friend or Foe?

Paul Skullebrew

OOC First Name
Tim
Paul had witnessed a long day upon a walk with Rebecca in the Forbidden Forest and meeting all sorts of new friends. It was rather interesting that he had came to this school a loner and already had many friends. No enemies yet. He wondered if he'd make any. His father always told him he was far to nice to ever be hated. Paul thought the same about his dad. It was dark outside and he was sitting down on a chair just thinking. Thinking about his parents and his future here at Hogwarts New Zealand.

Paul often thought at nights. He found peace at that time and loved it. He usually wasn't interrupted and when he was it was for a good cause. Whether it be meeting a new friend or receiving a letter from his dad. "This place is great." Paul said silently but just audible. He wasn't talking to anyone. There were only a few people in the Lounge. It made it great for thinking. No noise, no distractions.

Eliza had decided to look around, it just so happened she found the Student Lounge. She took out an old drawing pad and started to sketch. It was supposed to be a rose and it turned into a person. Eliza looked around. There was a guy sitting alone, and seemed to be talking to himself. Eliza was super bored, so why not make a new friend? She gathers her things and walks over to him. "Um, hello." She smiled politely. Eliza was naturally friendly with everyone, or she tried. "Just curious, why are you speaking to yourself?"

Paul nearly jumped at the sound of the girl's voice. It scared him due to the fact he was basically in his own world. He had pretty much blocked off all other existence from his brain. H e really hadn't been expecting anyone to come up to talk to him. Nobody else really did when he was back home in the USA. Maybe Paul was all wrong about life. Maybe this place was different. Perhaps this is where friends were. Perhaps, this was the place that would make Paul who he was. "Oh! Um, I guess I kind of was talking to myself. I'm not sure. I just love this place. So many people are so nice. Oh sorry, my name is Paul! Nice to meet you." He said all at once. He got stuttery after making a blunder and not only that, but around girls.

Eliza was blew away. "Um. Sorry, I only got half of that. I did; however, catch your name. Hi Paul, I'm Eliza." She smiled ever so sweetly. " I didn't mean to frighten you. That's my fault." Thats when Eliza heard it, the thing she had been hiding since she got her. HER voice. She was always picked on at school because she sounded "like an uneducated redneck", but here it seemed she could possibly just be herself. But instead she covered her mouth. "Forgive me, I have a bit of an accent."

"Oh it's quite alright! Nice to meet yah Eliza." Paul said with a smile. The fireplace nearby presently went out due to the fact nobody had kept an eye on it. It wasn't like he needed the warmth. The room was plenty warm. "Sorry about your accent? Your accent is cute." Paul said with a wink. He could sense she was a little self conscious of her voice. So his little remedy was a compliment. It usually worked, but everyone was different. So it could very well just make her angry.

Eliza turned a deep red, she was surprised because she never blushed. "Thank you," was all she could mutter. Eliza was flattered that he had complimented her. She never got compliments, especially ones on her accent. "So...Do you like to sit alone?" Eliza was hoping he'd say no so she didn't have to leave.

Paul just smiled at the girl as she turned red. It felt good to make someone else feel good. Like his father always did. His father was the best role model in the world. Paul's quest was to one day be just as great as him. So far no enemies had been made. It was amazing. Just friends. "I sometimes like to sit alone. It let's me clear my thoughts. Let me tell you though, I'd much rather have your company. It's nice to have a friend to talk to." Paul said with a smile at her. He presently motioned for her to sit by him. Plenty of room, and he hoped she'd stay. See seemed really nice. He wanted to get to know her better. "House of Gryffindor. And yourself?" He asked.

Eliza sat down. "I'm in Slytherin." Eliza's smiled faded. " My parets both were too, but I never got to meet them." Eliza thought back to their picture. It made her heart warm to think about them walking the halls and into the rooms at Hogwarts.

"I'm so sorry! Do you want to talk about it per chance?" Paul asked with a sad expression. She seemed so troubled. This was horrible. That incident reminded Paul of the great Harry Potter's family. Both parents killed before he could even meet them. It was truly nasty. "I'll listen to anything you have to say Eliza." He said,

" Oh no, thanks though." Eliza knew nothing of the incident so she couldn't speak upon it. She smiled again. " Thank you though." Eliza knew that Paul was just a sweetie instantly. He was so nice. She wasn't used to everyone being so nice to her. Actually, she knew of none but Mylie who was that nice. "Are you ready for classed to start?"

(ooc: Speaking of class when do they start?)

OOCOut of Character:
Starts on Monday. :)

Paul frowned as she declined talking about it to him. However he completely understood. It was a personal concept that needed to be discussed with family. It was a controversial topic to help with. He could make one wrong statement and make Eliza hate him forever. That would not be good at all. "Are you sure?" He asked one last time just to make sure she didn't want to. "I'm ready for class. I can't wait till Defense Against the Dark Arts. I want to become an auror one day. It would be great." Paul said giving her a smile.

Eliza laughed."I'm not sure you can talk to yourself and do that." She couldn't help herself. "I'm not sure what class I'm going to like the most, but I assume we will find out soon huh?" Eliza couldn't get the smile off her face.

"Ah well aren't we little miss sarcastic?" He said with a wink. It was nice to have someone to talk to. And of all people, such a nice girl. She was a sweet gal. "Why'd they put such a sweet girl in Slytherin?" He asked with a smile.

"Basically." She smiled again. "And well. I'm not exactly sure. I assume its cause momma and daddy both were in Slytherin. Or at least that's what my best friend Mylie's said." Eliza smiled again. "Her parents knew my parents, since momma and her momma where best friends in high school and we been best friends since we was knee high to a grass hopper. My grandamother Wiley hates it though. She is very racist, and well see. Mylie's mixed." Eliza keeps smiling. "But, you sure enough can't tell she has a black daddy. Cause her step dad is white and raised her like his own." Eliza stopped and looked at Paul. "I'm just babbling own and own and own ain't I?" She blushed again, she didn't mean to talk as much as she had.

Paul smiled as she talked. It was pretty cute. Her accent intrigued him and made him smile. He liked her accent. It sounded nicely. "No need to blush Eliza." Paul said with a wink. He knew pointing out girls blushing was the very thing that made them do the opposite of stopping. IT sometimes even made certain girls he knew mad. "Well racism is never good, but I bet Mylie's step-father is a great guy." Paul said smiling. "Your babbling is quite fine. You're cute when you do it." He said.

Eliza was a pretty neat girl. He was delighted to have met her. So many people at Hogwarts New Zealand he did not even think he'd meet. He never he'd have friends like this. Especially ones like Eliza. She was pretty funny. She made Paul smile quite a bit actually.

Eliza smiled. "Well ain't you just as sweet as a Georgia peach?!" Eliza was surprised on how sweet Paul was being. Maybe he was just teasing her? Possibly, but for the time being she was enjoying it. He was funny, sweet, and hate to admit it cute. "What are some of your favorite hobbies Paul?"

"Hobbies? Hmm. Well I must say I've never given much thought as to what my hobbies were. I guess you could say they're going on walks, exploring, Quidditch, and snowboarding. Although I'm not to good at Quidditch, I'm actually a terrible fail, I still love flying around on a broom." Paul explained. "What about you Eliza, what are your hobbies?" He said smiling.

Eliza smiled. "Well,I love to draw and to read books, then music I absolutely LOVE." She smiled at Paul. No one has ever asked about what Eliza liked or wanted, she likes the attention. "And are you sure walking is a hobby?"

"Walking is most certainly a hobby. It's something to do and something I like to do. Maybe sometime we could go on a walk with each other. It'd be fun. Wouldn't it?" He asked. He was pretty interested in Eliza. She was nice. Nicer than most. More talkative then Rebecca.

Eliza smiled. "I would like that." Eliza liked Paul. He was very talkitive, and again, very cute. Eliza liked talking to him.

Paul got closer to Eliza. Closer than they already were. He wasn't really sure what he was feeling. He honestly never felt it. IT was amazing. Eliza was a cute girl, she was pretty amazing. He felt as if butterflies were going to burst from his stomach. He really liked her, she was great. "Yes we will. It'll be great. It'll be fun too." He said with a slight smile. Unsure of how she'd react. Sometimes Paul moved to quickly. He wanted to get to know her better.

Eliza smiled and move slightly closer to Paul. "So, do you like to read, because I for one LOVE to read." Eliza smiled again. Her stomach had already passed the flipping stage and was moving more into going into her throat stage. She laughed, and without knowing it said, "Wow." And cupped her mouth fast. "Oops." She blushed again.

Paul merely smiled and chuckled a little bit. She did some super cute things. "I can't say that I like to read much. Although I'm willing to learn some new spells, so I'll take a gander at reading." He said. He was glad she'd scooted closer as well. He didn't feel as awkward.

Eliza couldn't help herself. Paul was just adorable. "I assume you will have to take a small gander at reading then huh?' Eliza laughed. "I can help you read things you don't want to read, I'm good at summarizing for people. I helped people at my other school whom also wasn't into reading." Eliza's eyes glittered with hope that Paul would except her offer.

Reading really wasn't his thing. He knew how to read very well, and was more literate than most. It just didn't interest him. He'd rather be off on some adventure or exploring the Forbidden Forest or even climbing the cliffs by the Lakefront. However, if anything was going to get him to read. It was a gorgeous gal with the cutest accent he ever heard. "Alright, we'll have to do that sometime." He said smiling giving her a hug. Whether that'd be accepted or not, he had no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back