Unexpected Surprise

"You can come if you want but I'll warn you now; my uncles death has made everyone go a bit..." Paul had to stop and think of a word for his family. "...well, psycho. I blame most of it on my brother." He smiled at her. "'Course I will. I'm not likely to hide something like that from them am I?? Even if they have gone psycho."

Lindsay wasn't sure what he meant by his family had gone psycho. She frowned slightly. "Well, I have to meet them some time. I guess now is as good as ever. Then we can tell them about our baby." she said, the corners of her mouth turning up as she said the word baby.

"Yeah, I suppose." Paul hugged her. He wanted her to meet his family but he didn't like the way they were behaving at the moment and wasn't sure about letting her see that.

Lindsay frowned, seeing the expression on Paul's face. "I guess I don't have to go if you would prefer me not to." she said uncertainly.

"No, it's fine. It's just hit everyone really hard so it's made them all stressed and moody." He shrugged. "I want you to meet them. I just don't know how they're going to react to everything."

Lindsay smiled uncertainly. "I hope you are right. I just want them to like me." she said nervously. Family was important to Lindsay and she wanted to make a good impression on his family.

"Don't worry. They will definitely like you. They are all very accepting to other people. My aunt will basically think of you as a daughter the second you step in the house." Paul laughed

Lindsay leaned her head on Paul's chest. She liked the sound of that. "I hope so. It would be really nice to have family on this continent." she said with a half smile. Her mother was in France and her father was in England.

Paul smiled as he moved his arm so she could lean on his chest. "I'm sure you'll fit right in with out any problems." He couldn't see what problem there could possibly with her fitting in. It was the others that worried him.

Lindsay smiled at Paul, hoping he was right. "Well I suppose we should go tell them the news then." she said, sitting up in bed.

Paul sat and looked at her. He didn't want to say no because he wanted Lindsay to meet his family. He also didn't want to say yes though. It was stressful with everything which was happening with his family. "Yeah, sure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back