Unexpected Surprise

Lindsay Hall

OOC First Name
Kait
Wand
Birch 16'' with Essence of Pixie Feather
Lindsay paced her living room nervously, waiting on Paul to arrive. Her life since graduation had been blissful. She was an owner of a shop and enjoyed what she did. She had a great boyfriend who loved her. Lindsay hadn't imagined anything could go wrong.

About a week prior, her whole world had been flipped upside down when she recieved a certain piece of news. She hadn't had the courage to tell Paul yet but she knew she couldn't wait any longer. He would find out either way. Lindsay didn't know how he would react to the news and it scared her. She continued to pace as she waited for a knock on the door.

Paul walked up to the front door of Lindsay's house. He hadn't seen her much recently and knew he should come here more often. He loved her and wanted to stick by her. Slipping out the house wasn't the easiest of things though.
He knocked and waited for her to answer. He knew she'd be just as beautiful as she always was. There was no doubt about it. When the door opened his smile increased. "Hey beautiful."

Lindsay opened the door to Paul's smiling face. Her nerves increased as she knew she didn't want to lose him. He was the best boyfriend she could ask for. A nervous smile appeared on her face. "Hey baby. Come on in." she said, opening the door wider and allowing him to step inside. She walked towards the sofa quietly. "Um. Could you sit down? I have something to tell you." she said, her voice shaking slightly.

Paul walked in and growned slightly. Lindsay was acting differently. She seemed to be worried about something. Anything that worried her, worried him. He hoped she was ok. He walked over to her and hugged her. "What's wrong." He looked down at her and smiled. "Whatever it is, I'm here for you. No matter what." He wanted to be there for Lindsay. He wanted to help her through whatever it was that was upsetting her.

Lindsay looked at Paul as he spoke, praying that he meant what he said. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened her eyes and looked at Paul. "I'm pregnant. Six weeks pregnant." she said softly, afraid to look at Paul. It was a lot to take in when neither one of them were prepared to to handle it. "I went to a healer yesterday and she confirmed it." she said.

Paul smile grew. "Seriously?!" He was ecstatic. He wrapped his arms round her waist and picked her up before spinning her round and putting her down. He kept his arms wrapped round her and kissed her. "It's amazing." Paul couldn't believe it. He was going to be a dad. "How long till we can find out the gender??"

Lindsay let out a gasp of surprise as Paul picked her up and swung her around the room. All her fears and worries disappeared with his words. He was happy so she could be too. Lindsay laughed as Paul put her down. "Yes really." she said grinning broadly. Lindsay thought for a moment. "Um two more months I think.." she said not quite sure. "I'm just glad your excited about it. I was afraid to tell you." she admitted sheepishly.

"Why would you be afraid to tell me??" Paul kept hold of her as he spoke. He didn't want to let go. "You didn't think I would leave you when you needed me the most did you??" He pushed a strand of hair out of her face and stroked her cheek. "That's not going to happen. I love you too much to leave you like that."

Lindsay was comforted by Paul's words. She had known her fear was irrational but it had happened to many other women before her. Paul was a different type of guy though and she should have realized that. Lindsay was ashamed of doubting him. Her green eyes looked up at him. "I should have known that. I'm sorry. I was just afraid myself." she admitted to her love. "I love you too." she told him, leaning up to kiss him.

Paul leaned in and kissed her. He still couldn't believe it. "We're going to have to think of names." He smiled. "Lets do girl ones first. What about..." Paul thought for a second. "Shivonne"

Lindsay grinned up at her boyfriend. She began to think of names. She pursed her lips not sure if she liked Paul's suggestion or not. "Hmm...What about Arielle?" she said, thinking the name was pretty.

Paul grinned. "I love it. What about a middle name?? Any suggestions??" Paul knew he was rubbish when it came to picking names. He always had been. He was worse than Stacy and even she was bad.

Lindsay grinned as Paul said he liked her idea for a name. She wasn't sure at all about a middle name. This after all was a big decision. Lindsay frowned slightly as she thought. She shrugged her shoulders. "Love?" she said taking her own last name. "Arielle Love Rider?" she asked, not sure but liking the way it sounded. She wouldn't be upset though if Paul didn't want to name the girl that.

"It's perfect." Paul kissed her and smiled as he thought about it. "Now boys names. The only one I can think of is Dervish after my uncle. I like that as a middle name if you like it??"

Lindsay grinned as he approved her name. She personally hoped it was a girl. She could related to girls much better than boys. She nodded her head. "Dervish would be a nice middle name and a good way to honor your uncle." she said approving. Lindsay had never met any of Paul's family and was sad that she wouldn't get to meet his uncle. "What about Robert, or Benjamin?" she said, thinking outloud.

"I don't like Benjamin but I like Robert." He smiled as he thought about the two names. "Arielle Love Rider or Robert Dervish Rider." He walked over to the sofa with her hand in his and sat down.

Lindsay smiled as she followed him to the couch, her hand in his. She was comforted by him when he was close to her. She nodded her head. She liked the name Robert. "Perfect names. I just can't wait to find out which one it is going to be." she said grinning at Paul.

"Nor can I." Paul laughed slightly. "I bet time's going to fly by and we're going to wonder where it all went." He wrapped his arm round her and kissed her.

(Sorry. lame.)

Lindsay laughed. "I hope it does fly by." she said grinning at him. Her mood was once again sunny and unworried. Lindsay turned her green eyes to Paul. "You know this means your stuck with me right? At least til the kid is 17?" she said, half joking.

"I'm more than happy to do that." Paul smiled and kissed her. His and was under the bottom of her top as he thought about the next seventeen years. They were going to be more than amazing.

Lindsay smiled. A lot of guys in Paul's situation would feel trapped and she was glad he wasn't like those guys. Lindsay leaned into his arms. "Are you still against moving in with me?" she asked him.

"No." Paul smiled when he felt her closeness. "Jasper's back to full health now and is more than happy to try and start a fight with me so I'd love to move in with you." Paul didn't like the way Jasper's temper was making him get annoyed with Paul all the time but there was no way to get away.

Lindsay was estatic. "Really?" she said, her green eyes lit up brightly. "I would really love that. I'm probably going to need your help." she admitted, knowing Paul wouldn't mind helping her.

"Anything you need, I will be here to help you with." Paul grinned as he held her closer. "I'll go round home later and grab a load of my stuff so then I'm partially moved in."

Lindsay snuggled close to Paul as he put an arm around her. "That sounds good to me. I can help you if you need me to." she offered. "Are you going to tell your family?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back