Under the tree..

Milena La Fleur

OOC First Name
Mintzy
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Milena went under a tree to take a rest for a while. She looked up as she felt the sunlight on her face. She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath to relax. Milena brought her mini poem book with her, she opened it and read the first poem. After reading the poem, she returned closing her eyes while enjoying the warm weather. Milena was imagining her hometown Paris again. The sparkling lights at night and smell of pastries. How she wished to home again with the arms of her mother. "I wish some one would notice me" she said to herself while staring at students passing by. Milena stretch her legs and she thought she could take a short nap for while.

Nixie strolled onto the soft grass. It wasn't very hot, but it was far sunnier than she might have preferred. She looked around for some shade, her gaze settling upon a large tree. Walking towards it, she saw a girl lying in the grass. The only girl who seemed to be her age. And the only person who wasn't already talking to someone else. Using it as an opportunity to make a new friend, she dropped herself next to the girl. Smiling, she announced herself,"Hi there, I'm Nixie!"

Milena heard a voice and she started to open up her eyes. "Hi,I'm Milena" she said to the girl giving her a smile. She was still lying in the grass under the tree.

"Hi", Nixie repeated.
Then she frowned,"Oh, am I bothering you? Were you..er.. busy?"

"Not at all, I'm just taking a break for a while" Milena replied to Nixie while still giving her a smile.

"Okay", Nixie said slowly, returning Milena's smile,"So you're a first year too, eh? How are you liking school?"

"Yup I am, well Its great actually but I'm still finding new friends." Milena said politely. "How about you?Hows your life here in Hogwarts?" giving her a smile.

"I love all the classes", Nixie replied thinking over the past few days,"I adore the castle.. but it just gets a tad lonely. Hey, you're French, right?"

"Bien oui je suis" she replied to Nixie

Nixie smiled, feeling slightly nostalgic of her seven years in Paris.
"Je suis Francaise aussi. J'ai habité à Paris pour sept années. Mais je ne sais pas beaucoup de français.", She said, confidently, hoping her French was mostly correct.

"Finalement Ive a trouvé quelqu'un de mon Paris. Je suis né je Paris et en même temps élevé par ma mère qui est de la large façon." she said happily. Milena looked at Nixie with a interesting face at the same time smiling.

Nixie gave an awkward laugh.
"I didn't understand 'la large façon' ", She said, embarrassed. But then she continued, pushing her knowledge of French,"Mais j'ai compris la plupart. J'ai habité à Paris avec ma mère, mon père et ma grand-mère. Mais mes parents ont toujours travaillé. Ma grand-mère était la personne qui m'a élevé. Elle m'a enseigné le français!"

Amélie was exploring the grounds of Hogwards on her day off, enjoying the outdoor, wrapped in her big coat and scarf.
Her wandering lead her to the Garden which reminded her of the gardens of the Château de Villandry, not too far from her home town.
As she approached a tree, she saw two girls talking, she recognized one of them as one of her housemate though she didn't recall hearing her name. She was going to walk away to continue her tour but her ear caught some words of their conversation.
Hesitantly she walked to the two girls and asked "Vous parlez en français?"

Nixie turned around at the sound of another voice. She recognized the girl from her classes since she was also in Ravenclaw.

Smiling welcomingly, she replied,"Oui. Et tu, aussi?"
Then she patted the space next to herself,"Voulez-vous s'asseoir avec nous?"

"Oui, je suis Française" Amélie was glad she could use her native language for the first time since she left her family.
"Merci" she said as she sat with the girls.
"Alors, comment ça se fait que vous parlez Français, vous venez de France aussi? Ou de Belgique? Du Canada?" she asked, excited and surprised to chat in French, so far from any French-speaking country.

Nixie grinned at the girl's excitement. She was excited, too. She felt much more at home now.
"Oui, j'ai habité en France pendant sept ans. Ma mère est française.", Nixie explained, still smiling widely.

"Bien Bonjour là.. Puis-je savoir votre nom ? "Milena asked the girl who sat down with Nixie and her. "Je suis heureux ainsi que je peux être le français parlant confortable" she said with her face full of delight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back