Unaware of the twin

Andrew Bruke

Andrew walked out of the fireplace, waving his wand to remove the dust from his new suit and sniffed as a stinking smell caught his nose. A rat was lurking in the fireplace he stood and as Andrew stepped into the room he realized the situation was no better. He wouldn't have guessed it was an office in the Ministry where he stood now and the black wizard standing in font of him was concerned with the floo network because from the cheap African attire he wore it seemed like the third world country were more worse than he imagined them to be. "Jambo"he said to the wizard in a tongue known as Kiswahili that he had previously read about before coming here. In Tanzania, East Africa where he now was Kiswahili was the national language and he had learnt some useful phrases that would come in handy on his mission of which the black wizard knew nothing.

The wizard however spoke back in English, a smile on his face and welcomed Andrew to Tanzania. Soon enough he was led to one of the best wizarding hotels in the commercial city, Dar-es-salaam. Kilimanjaro Kempenski was a very famous and old hotel that was recently renovated and it was named after the highest mountain in African which was located in Tanzania. Andrew smiled happily as he was left alone and the black wizard closed the door behind him. He was here as a tourist and also a Healer who was in search of some useful African medicinal herbs that grew in African jungles but his real purpose to be in Tanzania was quite different and it was not be spoken of, not for the first day at least.Today, he was just going to be the tourist and check out the famous spots in town.

At about seven in the evening he set off to one of the beach resorts called Sunrise which he reached after crossing the ferry. Muggle transport, he thought hoping to curse a few muggles that stood beside him on the ferry boat. Although poor, the black men and women were hard workers and although they stunk with sweat they were kind to him as they tried to offer help but Andrew would consider the wizarding African lot kind but there was no way he was showing any affections towards the pathetic muggle lot.

In the next fifteen minutes he reached his destination and the cool breeze from the sea refreshed him."Madafu" he told the waiter because that drink was the specialty of this town by the sea . It wasn't like he was tired or he wanted to go to bed after dinner but he didn't have company and the few phrases of Kiswahili weren't going to help him to get into conversation with anyone. He sighed wondering how interesting it would be to have Adira with him tonight under the cover of the stars and the moonlight.

Translations
Jambo- Hello
Madafu - coconut water

Amethyst Bruke was hard at work in the very restaurant Andrew had solitary occupied himself for the night. It was a cold evening, but even in the night human sweat after a hard day at work. With no use of her magic wand around muggels, she did everything by hand. And if she kept at it, her skin near the fingertip would start to shed soon. Amethyst didn't mind it at all, she actually welcome the work, it just revenue more earnings in her pockets. It was her old uncle, who dislike Amethyst socializing with muggels. The man always had his ways, and if she hadn't fought to work, she would've been at home doing who knows what, while her uncle tried to find yet another man for her to marry. She, Amethyst felt against it, so she was happy when he let her work.

Though night as this one, made her want to skip out the next day. The men here starve greatly and ask for the beat service, some kind as to share a few compliments thrown her way. Amethyst was flattered, however she kept to her task, still putting up a smile regardless who came in for a drink or two, it was like this all time. Although not all the time, did you see a pale looking British men asking for a drink in the town's native language. "Here you go..." Amethyst handed the man his drink, still surprise to see he was a stranger compare to Amethyst's regular, there was something about him that drew her in. She couldn't say, it sort of frighten her, regardless she went about her business delivering the usual rounds of drinks.

Andrew was surprised to see a white woman here, working at the beach resort and something told him she wasn't from around here because although he couldn't place it she did have an accent. He disregarded his urge to say Ahsante which was Kiswahili for Thank you because clearly she understood English as she had just spoken to him. "Thanks" he said giving the girl a smile. She seemed about his age and her face, it sort of creeped him out the way she had the same texture of hair and eyes as his mother,Salem but than muggle science had proved that seven people with same faces existed so it wasn't exactly something out of the blue but that did not mean that he was one step closer to trusting muggle science.

The moon was rising higher in the sky and the tide was coming in. The sound of the crashing waves and the moonlight reflecting on the tropical waters was just beautiful and Andrew considered the idea of staying here for a while but time wouldn't allow it. As soon as he had finished his work he had to deliver it and he couldn't stay back and enjoy the beach but he did make a personal note of bringing Adira here once on a date. It would be fun to apparate straight here from New Zealand just to have dinner and spend some quality time together. The girl got his attention once again as she served a customer standing next to him.

"You don't seem from around here then how come you work here?"he asked her after taking a sip of his coconut water. It was the first drink he had ever liked that was non-alcoholic and it was not butterbeer. It did seem a little weird that he was sitting on a bar chair having coconut water and he wondered if the girl would think of him as physco, not that he cared what she thought of him. He watched as she served the other customers who were more demanding and talking in rapid Kiswahili. "Must be hard tolerating them" he commented as he watched one drunk man demanding more beer.

Amethyst kept a close eyes on the pale looking customer, he had the complexion of European men. Sort of like her uncle, sort of like hers. She guessed he was European, just his looks scream from up north. Americans were more different when it cames to comparing the two. Amethyst would know it, since all her life she done nothing but travel the world except when she attended Hogwarts for seven years (sometimes on and off), and graduated from Slytherin. Even than she couldn't recall her years there cause her uncle was forever pulling her out of school. She was glad to be working now, or he would pull her out of her soon. Not that she enjoyed it. She disliked the rude customers, there were a few begging for more drinks next to the pale man. Amethyst went right away towards them, he spoke to her while she was serving the customers next to his table.

"That's because its temporary work" she replied kindly, her eyes weren't looking at him directly, because it was getting hard to look at him. "Your not from here either?"she reflected the question back, her customers becoming ruthless for more alcoholic. Amethyst sighed, working amongst muggels without magic often lead being very difficult. "You get use to it for a while I guess, its just temporary. Why stranger like you seem to care? Feeling lonesome?"she eased up now. She just seem so curious about him, she wanted to know more about him. Everything about him drew her in, and she wonder if that's good or bad thing.

Andrew watched the girl serve the customers who were getting more rude to get drinks. He sipped her drink and heard her say it was temporary work. At least that was better because seeing this girl work in this situation wasn't the best job the girl could have and although Andrew couldn't be sure he could sense magic coming from her. Something told her she was not a muggle like the others that surrounded him. "Yes, I'm here for some work" he told her not wanting to reveal his current residence just yet. "A week's assignment before I go back"

Sipping his coconut water he chuckled as the girl asked if he felt lonesome. "No, just curious seeing a white face work amongst the black as a bar woman" he told her with what appeared to be a smile. "I'm Andrew by the way" he said introducing himself with a smile. He was holding back an urge to ask her if she was from the wizarding world but he couldn't do so with a dozen muggles surrounding them. "Temporary work? You're dad owns the place or something?"he asked her wondering if this girl was the daughter of the owner of the resort.

Amethyst kept at her task, while the man kept conversating with her. So he wasn't from here, like her. He was working, working on what? She felt her light orbs roll right at the man this time. What he said after, brought a tinge of annoyance from somewhere. "What's wrong with working amongst those who aren't like you? I believe there human just like me"she said this with bane in her voice. Unless, she thought about it over again. Unless he meant muggels. "Andrew? I'm Amethyst nice to meet a pale face"she chuckle, okay so she shouldn't be to mean with him. Maybe he didn't mean to say it the way he did, Amethyst jump to conclusion sometimes. Its just, he acted so much like her uncle right now, she was fighting to think that they might know each other in some ways.

"Nope, I don't think I ever met him"she said sarcastically. "I'm not from here so that should summon up your answer"she kept saying. While she was speaking to Andrew, another waitress came right next to Amethyst speaking in her native language. Apparently she was taking over for Amethyst, since she thought a man like Andrew should be courting Amethyst already. The woman (Amethyst was already fond of) was married and had two children at home. She taught Amethyst a lot while she been working here, Amethyst scowled at the woman. That's the last thing on her mind, Andrew can very much be related to her with his familiar eyes and posture. It was driving her mad just looking at him, though she was doing this silently without him noticing it. "Well I'm off my shift for the night, will you be staying here all night"she was force to ask, cause the woman really wanted Amethyst to talk to Andrew for as long as Amethyst had his attention.

Andrew hid the frown that wanted to be formed on his face when the girl said that the others were just like her. Andrew knew magic, he could sense it from her and the ones around them were not like her, not like them and if she was a muggle lover he'd not talk to her if this was anywhere else but here in this foreign land where he knew not how to converse with the other witches and wizards who spoke the native tongue he had no choice. "I believe they are different from you, in more than one way" he told her and then chuckled as she referred to him as a pale face.He was used to being call that and here it was just more obvious. "Amethyst is a unique name" he said not missing the coincidence that both their names happened to star with 'A'. He was sure they had more in common, he just didn't know it yet.

He did sense that she too, like him was not revealing much about herself just yet but he knew his way around people and Amethyst was not any different. He watched as another waitress came and spoke with Amethyst. Andrew did not get a word of what they spoke and raised an eyebrow as he watched Amethyst scowl at her. "No, I'm staying at a hotel across the ferry but yes, I'll be here for a few hours" he told her with a smile. "Maybe you could show me around if you're hanging around here?"he offered her because it would be very boring if he had no company and he was surely looking to solve the mystery that Amethyst was making herself to be.

"Sure to the best of my knowledge, I can show you around if you like?"course she knew nothing. She would act as if she did, just for a little while than maybe he would get bored with her. "Come on, its nice out tonight"though while she had his attention, she would make good use of it and get just enough information about him for the meantime. "So why are you here? If I hadn't already ask that question? Your a long way from Europe if you ask me"she smile with a smudge grin suppressing her thick lips.

Andrew smiled as Amethyst said she could show him around, he would like that because it would mean he could get to know more of her. He got up and joined her and nodded in agreement. "Its not like every night you have a full moon and a beach for view" he said. As they walked away from the main big bar and restaurant area he could now clearly sense magic in her with all those muggles not being a distraction. "Well, you did ask" he said with a smirk wondering why she was interested on his purpose here, maybe she was just curious like him, maybe it was something else. "I'm here to collect some goods that have to be sent to Japan and they're valuable so I was sent in person" he explained leaving out the facts of what exactly he had come to take and why it was valuable.

It was his turn to ask now and he had his questions ready. "Where are you from?"he asked her. He would have normally caught an accent or something but with her he could not be sure. She too did seem to be from Europe but what country he could not place a guess at. "I believe you are done with your schooling, where did you graduate from" he asked, his voice being deeply curious and his face showing nothing more but interest in that question and not revealing the purpose of its existence.

Amethyst really didn't have the means of capable of showing Andrew around, since she had been here only temporary of her time here. Her uncle, insist they would be leaving sooner or later, time was coming up, that meant Amethyst leaving the job she had now. "Oh I see, that's must be a lot of traveling around?"the sauntered away from the tropical setting of the open window restaurant and soon enough where traveling along the white sand. Amethyst was petite compare to Andrew height, she fell just a few inches short, but she was slender and lean. Attractively tone for a typical tomboy, Amethyst detested to showcase fashion. She wasn't like all girls, who drool for the next biggest designer purse, outfit, accessories, whatever it is that made them go mad about clothes. She fell way behind them, declining her uncle wishes to drape in quality. Clothes doesn't make the mind smart, the brain did. What Amethyst had was a lot of brain.
"I have a confession to make, I'm from Europe like you Andrew. And I actually graduated from Hogwarts Scotland. My uncle believed I should've went to Drumstrang but I went there instead. Speaking of my uncle, I should send him word" she took out her wand. "Oh yeah and I'm a witch too, Guess I forgot that part" she pointed her holly wand right at Andrew before he spoke another word. "You aren't a muggel are you? I could sense in the shop but I couldn't ask you right there and than. Are you a muggel or not?" she asked, close to seconds wiping away his memories for good.

Andrew chuckled at her question as she commented on his travelling. "I manage" he told her with a smile. If he did not know better he knew she had it already figured out that he was a wizard and it was about time she said so herself. As they walked towards the shore where the white sand and the dark waters shone in the moonlight he heard her make her confession. He was not surprised as he had guessed this all along. He grinned as she said she was a witch too and asked if he was a muggle or not. "Come on Amethyst, you can sense magic. I wouldn't like it if you turned down your instincts and called me a muggle" he said to Amethyst as he drew out his own wand.

"Does that answer your question?"he asked her, his smirk still playing on his lips. As she had gone ahead to tell him about her school and her hometown he decided to do the same. "I'm from Europe too, at least London was my home town" he told her. It was weird, the way he was related to London, his hometown through muggles, he hated it. "But I graduated from Hogwarts New Zealand a year ago" he continued. Remembering that she had mentioned her uncle he asked "So are you visiting your uncle here?"

Amethyst smile, okay so he was a wizard that just said more about him. He also hated muggels, which made sense since his comment back at the shop had left her wondering with spirals of questions. Soon enough though he was filling in her curiosity quite nicely. "I knew I just wasn't sure, you know..." she shrug. Tucking away her wand, she turn back her attention to Andrew. He graduated last year but in Hogwarts New Zealand. "I graduated last year too, though I heard about New Zealand" she skip the sand beneath her, her hair crusade down the side of her face. She was thinking, whenever she did that it meant she was thinking or remembering something of the past that felt oddly the same right about now. She still couldn't past it that he reminded her of someone.

"My uncle? No. I travel with him around the world. So I'm basically here with him till he's done with his trade. I'm not sure what he trades, I believe its potion ingredients for shops around the world " she spoke close to the truth to Andrew. She didn't how much of him she could trust him, she measured by enough so she sort of figure out when to stop. Just than a woman, very elderly stroll by looking both an Andrew and Amethyst. She seem like the elderly that possessed a lot of wisdom and knowledge. She caught Amethyst arm by surprise, 'That's your brother' she whisper in Amethyst ear. Amethyst had to stop, to stare at the woman, a puzzle expression cross her mind. Till the elderly woman vanish in sight, like it had been a ghostly message. Amethyst turn right back at Andrew, "Did you just saw that? Or was it just me?" she ask Andrew, right away. She panic slightly, this was all to weird.

Andrew chuckled as Amethyst said she wasn't sure. He was glad that he had found someone who knew English and also happened to be a witch. So she was also his age, he was glad about that too because he wasn't in mood of chatting with anyone who was schooling. "What house were you in back at Hogwarts?"he asked her, wanting to know instantly where her talents lay or if she was a Hufflepuff and had nothing special.

Andrew listened carefully as Amethyst spoke about her uncle. He seemed like he would be an interesting bloke travelling around the world and dealing with potion ingredients, what sort of ingredients those were he would have to know soon because who knew if he could get lucky and strike some sort of business deal with the man. "Don't you get tired of working temporarily in places filled with muggles?"he asked her curiously. "I mean you can't even do magic freely" he added wondering what she thought on the subject. Andrew raised his eyebrow as an elderly woman whose face was grave but he could not hear what she whispered to Amethyst. "I did see her" he said wondering what it was that Amethyst looked panicked about. "What did she say?"he asked her.

OOCOut of Character:
that was a good one ;)

"She said that...that ummmm..." Amethyst stutter, her words breaking up as she spoke. "Question if you don't mind that I ask you? I mean its just hypothetical questions, can you tell me your last name? Just put of curiosity? Cab you tell me your last name" Amethyst ask Andrew. She heard about spirits that linger just like the one they just saw. In the wizarding world ghost weren't meant to be fear, but this one had something to tell her. And it so happen to do with the man standing next to her, she wouldn't ask if it wasn't true. A ghost wouldn't have told her that Andrew was her brother, if it weren't true.

Andrew raised his eyebrow wondering what was Amethyst so suddenly confused and panicked about. He heard her question, she wanted to know his last name? Being a Death Eater he wasn't going to give her that although something told her he should but he didn't want to deal with the possibility of whatever was going on in her mind to come down to some sort of connection and him being captured here he couldn't imagine what Tanzanian Prison would look like. "Sure. Blake. Andrew Blake" he said giving her his best convincing smile. Andrew was an expert at lying without anyone even realizing. Blake, it was the name of the Slytherin Captain who had played before him and it didn't matter now how he used it. "Why?"he asked her curious about what was going on. "Did she say some Prophecy about me?"

A small part of her was hoping he said Bruke, just a very small part of her. She didn't know why, she just wanted some connection with him, cause there was a great big part of that wish she had more family member than just an uncle. Not that she didn't care about her uncle, he was very protective over Amethyst and knew he would sacrifice about everything for her. His love was greater than the pacific ocean, many times before he prove that too. Maybe that's why she stayed with him, and not leave his side, till she found a purpose in her life and make a decision to stay somewhere for a longer period of time.

"Oh, its nothing than. I just heard her say I might be related to you. Guess it was just the wind chanting a lie. Its nothing" she move along the sand, silently disappointed by that information. She was blaming the wind at that, and its possible she maybe just losing her damn mind.

Andrew waited to know what it was that was going on in Amethyst's mind. When she said that she had 'heard' that they might have been related, he laughed. "We can't be related" he told her, his laughter still in the air. "I'm an orphan and have got no siblings. If that had been the case my godmother would have told me" he told Amethyst. Whoever the gypsy lady had been was certainly mumbling things she knew nothing about.

"So, do you have an ambition? Or are you going to join your uncle in his trading business" he asked her wondering what Amethyst's plans for the future were, if she had any. For Andrew he had it all set, becoming a famous healer, marrying Adira Ater and being a loyal Death Eater.

"No Andrew, No. You can't just say we aren't related, the spirits just don't lie. Why would they lie? What will be the reason for the spirits to lie?" as ridiculous it may sound, maybe the most buzzard story in the world right now. Anything is possible though, in the wizarding anything can happen with out much of an explanation. It just does. "It may sound weird or something, but what if I took you to my uncle? I mean anything possible, you may never know. We could be related like the spirit says, and we never had known about it if you hadn't stumble upon where I work at? Right?" she question Andrew, it was weird. Honest to god weird, still, you just don't ignore a spirit if it wasn't telling you the truth. She kept gazing at Andrew, there had to be an ounce somewhere inside of him to believe that they're related.

"Wait Andrew, sorry...Its just been a long day for me. Maybe like I said before it was the wind chanting lies" she thought about just before she was going to take Andrew to her uncle. But than it got her thinking, really thinking what her uncle would do if she brought a stranger to their lives. He would probably cuss, yell, and discuss why Amethyst should be trusting a stranger so quickly like that. She would jeopardize his trades, and it would mean them moving again. "So, what were talking about? Again? Sorry you can tell I'm not good with random conversations" she hide behind a false smile, she still was thinking the other way, but being curious isn't the brightest idea at the moment.

Andrew was surprised to see Amethyst react the way she did, obsessed about what the gypsy lady seemed to have whispered to her. Although Andrew hated Mallory from the bottom of his heart he knew that she had loved him at one time and she would never hide anything from him, not something this big. He was almost going to agree to go see whoever this uncle of hers was. He was a little suspicious whether this was some sort of a trap but he couldn't be sure. "Umm.. yeah." he said unsure about how to answer all the questions she was throwing at him.

He raised his eyebrow wondering if Amethyst had been drinking while she served the others. One moment she was forcing him to believe that they might be related and the other moment she was totally different. He too had forgotten what he had asked her before she went into crazy mode. "If you need some time to relax, on your own I can understand. Besides I don't think you know this place any more than I do" he said with a wink. Even though Andrew never betrayed Adira anymore he didn't leave chances of flirting however it didn't feel right with Amethyst, he wondered why.

Now she was rambling on again, and he was probably thinking this girl was insane. She would not blame him at all if he just decided to make some lame excuse up and leave her there like a lost puppy. She would blame herself when the night end, or make another crazy excuse why she brought herself to that awkward positions. "No, I'm more than relax, trust me. Its just a hard day at work. Working in this heat makes it to much, with muggels and all" she said rolling the tip of her English tongue. She stared at Andrew, he was quite a catch for any other woman, but for her age could just feel something else there. And it was just that thought again replaying back. She wanted to say it, but she stop herself before he really did leave her there like a fool.

"Perhaps I should go home? It is getting late and my uncle would be worried?" she suggested. She didn't want to leave him there alone, but she may have been losing her mind than. And what better way she could do this, by not being here? Or sleep it off and not think about what just happen a few minutes ago. "I'm sure your wanting to get back to your suite?" she spoke some more. Letting the words spill from her pout, not bothering to make sure she didn't say anything defensive towards Andrew.

Andrew nodded as Amethyst said she was more than relax and it was just the work that made her tired."Perhaps we could get a drink?"he offered her. Some alcohol always helped and Andrew didn't want to be left alone so soon because he was by no means tired. Andrew raised an eyebrow as she stared at him, he wondered if the gypsy stuff was still going on in her mind. He didn't want to leave her this confused because most of the time confusion and thoughts didn't help in sleep.

"Actually I'm in no hurry to go to my hotel" he told her hoping she would hang around for a while. Related or not, Andrew had still not figured her out and he didn't like being in the dark. "If you're not very tired you could stay for a while, then I'd drop you home, tell your uncle I had been keeping you" he said with a grin.

"A drink seems fair enough. Yeah, maybe by the down the pier over there." she suggested pointing over his shoulder. She was suddenly greatful he didn't judge her. Most would've look at her once after the words spill from her lips, they would label her crazy. "I'm sure my uncle won't mind it tonight. Plus he owes me for dragging me along here, away from England. Its up to you if you want my kind of company too" she smile, looking back at the sand. The thoughts were now leaving from her mind, she wanted to forget them right away.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry a little fuzzy headed

Andrew smiled as she accepted his offer. He nodded and whistled to get attention of one of the waiters before he walked with her down to the pier she had pointed out. The tide was high and the wind blew into their face, salty cool air which was highly refreshing. Sitting with his face watching the Indian Ocean he chuckled as she mentioned her uncle owing her for bringing her here. "You must love him a lot, to go where he takes you" he commented as the waiter came to ask them what they wanted to drink.

Amethyst preferred mainly muggels drink over wizards drinks anytime of the day. Luckily for her, she had less trouble picking over a drink to settle with, she went with a tropical wine cooler. With this desperate heat (even at night) a cooler felt right. It cool you down and make pike up your taste buds far enough for anyone to like it. "Yes, I love my uncle plus more. He sort of raise me since I was small..."she peddle arounds her words carefully now that she had gotten over the chanting of the winds craziness. Andrew didn't mention again, so she must've done something right for him to stick around her the rest of the evening. "What about you Blake? That's an interesting last name..." she flash a formal smile. "Were you really living an orphaning home? Or was that just a made up lie?" she kept at side, a few distance away from him, the sand slipping into her sandals. They were almost close to the pier, just a few more minutes they will reach the railing, where the drinks will be deliver to them.

Andrew ordered some beer because normally he would oder wizarding drinks but he doubted anyone could offer that to him here. He heard as Amethyst explained how she loved her uncle and that she had been raised by him. Andrew was glad Amethyst had come back to normal state and had stopped worrying about the gypsy talk. He was taken by surprise as she referred to him as Blake, the expression lasted only a second before his mask was on again but he was afraid he had shown too much. "Yes it is. I've never come across another Blake for instance. My family line ends with me unless I have a son" he said commenting. It was only the name which was fake but the meaning was true. If Adira would give him daughters his family line would come to an end because he had been the only son and his mother, the only daughter. As of his step siblings from his muggle father, he had killed them all so that was not going to be a problem now.

He chuckled as she asked if he had really been living in an orphan home. "I do know a lot about the filthy muggles, much more than I would like to and that sort of thing only comes when you live with them. In my case it was for ten years. My god mother came to fetch me when I turned eleven, until that I knew not of the wizarding world" he explained her. It was a background he was ashamed of but Amethyst wasn't a Death Eater who would frown at it so he didn't mind sharing it as long as no true names were revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back