Ummmm, Yeah, About That....

Teddy Cameron

OOC First Name
Summer
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Teddy sat on one of his boxes and sighed. They were now almost half way through unpacking their stuff in the new flat and Skyle was due to turn up at any minute. After the children had been taken in by the grandparents and Jessi had gone with them, there was no more responsibility. No more babysitting, he didn't really know what he was going to do with his life. Even more so since they had moved away from their old home once Stacy had been taken into psychiatric care. Then he had spoken to Alfie.

Alfie had enlightened Teddy, really he had. He made him see how he hadn't really had a proper teenage boy years, how he hadn't gone through the normal school years others had. Teddy saw his point of view, especially when the topic of girls arrived. He liked Skyle, sure he did, but he needed to be a teenage boy right now, that didn't involve having a long term girlfriend. Not in Alfie's eyes anyway.

Teddy stood up and dusted down his ripped jeans before moving to the kitchen. He had just gone for simple blue ripped jeans and a checkered shirt open to show a white wife-beater. It was just doss around clothes for moving house. Surely no one would mind. There were only two people he was likely to see anyway, His cousin and his, soon to be ex, girlfriend. Teddy got himself a glass of coke and leant against the side. The kitchen was the first place they unpacked.

Skyle didn't know exactly why Teddy had invited her over to his new flat. They weren't even unpacked yet from what she knew. But she had a bad feeling about this whole thing. Teddy had seemed more distant lately, like there had been some sort of change in him. She wasn't sure what was going on, but she hoped that this trip might hold some answers. She had decided to walk to the flat. She really didn't want to bother anyone to drive her. She was getting used to the new family, she knew that it would take a while for her to openly accept them, but deep down she had to appreciate the fact that they had been willing to take in the three of them. She knew not many people would want two teenagers and a toddler. She was thinking about all of this as she got closer to the flat. She took a deep breathe as she walked up too it. She pressed the doorbell and but on a smile. She hoped that everything was okay, but her gut hadn't been wrong in a lond time.

Teddy picked up his glass and went to the door when he heard the doorbell go. That'd be Skyle. The teenage boy took a deep breath and opened the door. "Hey, Skyle, good too see you." He smiled a feeble attempt at a smile and kissed her on the cheek briefly. Anyone who had eyes would be able to tell something was up but he didn't really mind. Something was up and she'd find out soon enough, not point in trying to hide it after all. "How're you doing?"

Skyle smiled when Teddy answered the door, but knew something was wrong right away. The way he kissed her cheek and the way he was talking. They were never this formal together. "I'm alright, how are things here. Moving in well?" She asked trying to keep things casual, she really hoped Teddy was just stressed about the move or something. He was acting very strange and she didn't like it. She wanted to believe she was wrong but deep down she knew. She could fell that this wasn't going to go well.

Teddy sighed, he really couldn't be bothered with the small talk. They both knew what was going to happen after all, it was just postponing the inevitable. "Look, Skyle. We need to talk." He awkwardly ran his hands through his hair, wondering the best way to do this. "A lot has just happened to me and, well, I need to sort a couple of things out with myself yeah? And, well, I was thinking, while I did that, maybe we shouldn't be together?"

Teddy sort of trailed off at the end and it turned into a question somehow. He knew it would hurt her, of course it would, but it was better to do it like a plaster. Rip it off fast and ease the suffering rather than slowly with a lot of pain.

That was it, that was what had felt so wrong. Teddy was breaking up with her again. It hurt deep down but she wouldn't let him see her pain. As much as she had loved having him around to help her through Damien's death she had been afraid they were just going through a honeymoon phase. "Oh, well I understand. Totally a lot has happened lately." She looked around the room, this was going to get awkward and she really didn't want too, "If that's the way you feel and your sure, I think I should just go." Skyle knew this was for the best, if he decided he wanted to talk about it she knew she would end up either A getting very mad or B crying her eyes out and she was betting on the latter. "Thanks for everything Teddy." She turned to leave praying he didn't stop her, she didn't want to make this any harder than he had already made it.

Teddy watched Skyle leave. He wasn't about to stop her, it felt like a giant weight had been lifted. He was sure she was hurting but if he called her back it could get nasty. He knew Skyle and Angela were a lot more alike than they appeared and he had learnt from his mistakes with Angela. The main difference he could see between the girls was that Angela always forgave him, Skyle didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back