Ultimate Decision

Hades Styx II

Wand
Curly 13 1/2" Unyielding Acacia Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Deciding to go through with this was a large decision that Hades Lutrov the Second decided to go through with on his own. Despite the fact that he smirked every time he heard her name, he had no other choice but to go to the Transfiguration professor, Professor Sparkles, about this request. It would be more or less a decision that he would have to be trained to be an Animagus. He had many questions about becoming one, on how it was, what animal he would be if he could choose it or not. He had no idea, but he would have all his questions answered, before deciding to go into it. He kept his head held high, his outfit dark as night, dressed in black, and even his hair straightened and covering most of his face. With his hand balled into a fist, he knocked on the office of Professor Sparkles' door, wondering if she would be here. He had yet to tell anyone else of his decision, not even his father. He was a third year now, and he was bound to decide something for himself. He was old enough, was he not? Hades was just hoping that he could manage to sit through extra lessons with a professor like Professor Sparkles. He did not know the other professor, so he did not feel comfortable.

Ava sat at her desk, her head in her hands. Her usual happy demeanor had long gone, yet she was happy to be out of her house. The last few weeks of the holidays had been horrid, what with all the fighting going on. Ava couldn't believe that she actually fought with her husband - well soon to be ex - in front of her daughter. She wondered how Riley would do during the year, how she would do with boys after seeing her parent's relationship deteriorate. Ava then thought about her son Braxton, and how he would feel about it. Of course, he didn't know that his boss had been the starting point of Ava's realization of her unhappiness in her marriage. She wondered if he would ever find out. Shaking her head, Ava wondered what Nicolas would think if he heard the news about her's and Patrick's divorce.
A knock on the door shook her out of the stupor she was in. She cleared her throat, and straightened up before calling out. "Come in!" Ava exclaimed.

Once he heard the two words telling Hades to open the door. Surely the professor would not be expecting to see this boy inside and asking for some assistance. He slowly opened the door, and he moved some of his hair from his face. He debated over whether or not introductions were needed or not. Hades closed the door behind him, and he doubted that he would be told that he needed to be in uniform right now. He hated that damn thing anyway. With his onyx eyes piercing through the professor, he asked in a tone that seemed almost pleasant to the ears, yet still cold all the same, "I have a few questions if you don't mind, about Animagi." Hades remained standing by the door, and even if he were offered a seat, he did not think that he would sit down unless this would take a while. He preferred to stand over sitting down, because looking down at someone seemed more comfortable (which he almost could, he was about as tall as a fifth or sixth year). The young boy continued, "I would like to undergo training to become one."

Ava cocked her eyebrow when she saw who had walked into her Office. Ava had never disliked a student, but she wasn't completely fond of this boy. His whole attire was dismal and Ava was sure he needed more joy in his life. Curious as to why Hades was there, the boy himself answered her queries almost as if he had heard her thinking. She nodded her head slowly when Hades explained his visit. He wasn't the first person to ask about becoming an Animagi, but not a lot of people actually pulled through with it; they couldn't handle the work. "Have a seat Mr. Lutrov." Ava spoke, gesturing towards a chair near her desk. "Becoming and Animagi is not something that is done easily. It takes a lot of concentration, and a lot of hard work." Ava said sternly. She wasn't in the mood to be messed around, or for a time-waster. She wanted to be certain the boy was going to give it all before she spent her time with him. "So, feel free to ask your questions, but know that you must think about this seriously before you commit; I do not like the thought of having my time wasted." Ava was surprised that she was being so grumpy with the boy, but she knew it all came down to the terrible holiday she had. Hopefully she would be able to snap out of it soon.

Eyes narrowed every so slightly, and his whole demeanor had changed. Hades was offered a seat, alas he doe not take it. He approached the chair, and he leaned behind it, looking at the professor without any emotion at all. He would have no lack of determination, because this was something that he desperately wanted for himself. He understood that it was not easy, and Hades detected that she was not in one of those really happy moods that had gotten on his nerves. He would not have to deal with that, and he perhaps would actually give her some ounce of respect for it. However he had to consider, he wanted to do this considering that she would be devoting her own time to train him. Hades nodded and after the professor had finished, Hades decided to inform her, "I am the grandson of the Slytherin Head of House. Determination is not in my blood, and neither is wasting time, seeing as I do not wish to waste my own either. I will give it my all, because when I want something, I go for it." Hades moved from the back of his chair, and he took a seat in front of the desk. His black hair flowed around him, and his serious attitude matched with the expression upon his white face. Alas, the questions soon came, "First and foremost, you must receive this question a lot; what animal would you suppose I would turn into? Also, how much time should I schedule to spend time in training?" Even Hades was interested in this.

Ava cocked her eyebrow when Hades responded to her. She withheld a sigh knowing that what he said was probably true, and Ava would, indeed, have to deal with him for the next few years. She rested her face on top of her hand, which was leaning on her table. Ava watched Lutrov as he moved forwards and sat on the seat; something she was grateful he had done. Not doing so would have expressed his immense lack of respect for his elders and his Professors. Ava supposed that he didn't hold much respect for people he didn't know or trust anyway, but there would have been a big problem if he were rude to her.
Ava shook her head when Hades asked what animal he might be. "We won't know what animal you will change into, until you change into it. The animal you transform into reflects your inner personality. You could probably try to guess, but you can't be sure until the time comes. If you are serious about doing this, you should put at least an hour in a day." Ava stated sternly.

Hades let out a soft snort when she said that it reflects on his personality. He uttered in Russian, "Expect nothing cute out of me." Which was true, there was nothing cute and cuddly about his personality, as there was something very dark that rested beneath his exterior. Something that he hid, and something that he was dying to explore. Hades nodded as he had asked for her opinion on what he would be, however she probably did not have one. He said in English, "Understood. Suppose I will be surprised when the righteous day comes." His own tone did not seem that friendly, but at least he was going to have to get used to seeing Professor Davershire more and more. This was going to get underneath him, but once he passed the OWLs, perhaps he would cross over to Professor Black. An hour a day would have to be suffered through, and somehow he was getting the feeling that she would not like it any more than he would. With eyes narrowed, Hades finally finished, "At least an hour. I suppose Quidditch fails to be important at this time. Training to be an Animagus will be my priority. I look forward to what I will learn." 'Not looking forward to seeing your cheerful face more however,' thought Hades with a subtle smirk to his lips. Hades finally inquired, "Is this all for an introductory lesson, or should it begin now?" He hoped for the first, because he wanted to have some time to prepare for his lessons with the happiest professor on the planet, that is, if she was still as cheerful which he noticed, something had changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back