Two steps backward.

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Jae-Sung still didn't feel at home at his new school, though he was grateful for one thing. They had a room of adequate size where he could practice his dance steps, even if he had to do it alone. As the semester went on he found himself spending more and more time in the room. Practicing alone. It was the only time he felt like himself, the only time he didn't feel like an outcast. Jae-Sung was grateful that he had the room to himself so he could practice the steps to his foxtrot routine, fully away aware how odd it looked doing it alone. The Hufflepuff was so focused on getting the steps in time to the music that was playing he didn't hear someone enter the room behind him.

Amella felt the warmth of sunlight on her skin that morning early and knew in that moment that she had to dance, or walk outside - do something with herself to bring the graceful peace she felt inside to the outside. So when she was dressing that day she put on something with tulle over her singlet. Something that dancing in would be easy. Her shoes were comfortable, and fit her feet perfectly. The blonde didn't tie her hair back, her style of dance required everything to be graceful. Her hair even needed to be so. It's bone straight texture was fine enough - but Amella wished for curls desperately like Amoretta her eldest sister.

The blonde made her way through the halls, not dancing until she found privacy. However privacy was not what she found. Instead she found herself a partner she knew well. Someone she'd danced with before arriving at the school - but hadn't talked with much. "You know if the music was four fourths instead of three fourths this would be much smoother. It is not playing at the right tempo."

Jae-Sung stopped when he hard someone behind him. He was nervous about practicing in front of someone else, his partner Amella was the only person he felt comfortable with when his routines were still raw. The Hufflepuff turned to see who had entered the room, to his relief it was Amella herself and the girl didn't waste anytime commenting on his music choice. "Uhm, you know music choice isn't my strong suit," He said awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. "I'm just trying to get my steps right, I suppose I can focus on the music later," Jae-Sung decided it was best if he stopped practicing, Amella had probably come to do the same. "D..did you come to practice?" He asked.

Amella smiled at the young boy - though she wasn't any older than him really. Slowly she crossed the space of the room and halted the harp - an enchanted one like the one at home that halted and changed with different places being touched. The petite girl then turned and smiled. "Jae~ you know it would be easier if you could hear a metronome telling you when to step." She approached for a moment, but chose to walk past him and sit on the floor opposite. "Originally I was, but would you like me to keep time for you to practice your steps?" She inquired, being as polite as she could, a small smile gracing pink lips as she spoke.

Jae-Sung was a little embarrassed when Amella told him a metronome would make keeping his steps in time. She was right as ever but it simply hadn't occured to him to use something other than music. He looked away from her and down at his feet. "I err, forgot about using a metronome," His cheeks heated up as he continued to look away from the girl. He froze as she walk past him and took a seat. When she offered to help him keep time for his steps he shook his head. "No no, if you want to dance you should dance," He said lifting his head to look at her.

Ammela gave a soft chuckle. "It is alright Jae, we all make those oversights. Mother says that an oversight is only embarrassing if we make it again and again." The blonde girl looked at him. "No I want to watch you dance for a bit. I could be like an instructor. Only nicer than the one I have!" Mel only offered because Jae was her friend - she didn't view him ever as competition. "Or if you would like I can dance with you. instead of you imagining dancing fox trot with a partner?" She offered in a sincere tone, hoping that she was not humiliating him - and hoping he didn't think she was saying he couldn't dance.

Jae-Sung wasn't sure what to make of what Amella was saying, could she just be humoring him or was she genuinely being nice to him. "You're mother always knows the right thing to say," He smiled. It wasn't the first time she had mentioned her mother, and her words of wisdom. He perked up slightly when she suggested that she could dance with him to practice, he did always enjoy that. "Errm, OK, we could practice together, if..if you want" Jae-Sung hoped she hadn't just asked to be polite and was actually interested in helping practice or he would be so embarrassed.

Amella smiled and stood once more. "I am pleased you said yes." She offered a curtsy to him and then moved to the hard. She tapped the strings a bit, trying to figure out how to get it to work to the right beat. The petite girl finally got the harp to play at the right tempo adn turned to face Jae-Sung. "You are ready?" She asked, moving her hand to take his, waiting to place her hands in the proper place for the fox trot. It was a dance that could be complicated for someone who was not properly taught how, but they'd both had training. It was just practicing that mattered now. "Do not be nervous, it is just us." She reassured him.

Jae-Sung beamed when Amella appeared happy with his answer, he had to admit he had missed dancing with her, it was a shame he hadn't done so since they both started at Hogwarts. Being in different houses meant they barely saw each other, he missed her. Amella was someone who made him feel relaxed, though it had been so long since he last saw her he was reverting to old habits. Jae-Sung hesitated when Amella asked if he was ready, he blushed when she took his hand. He would have to get used to having her so close to him all over again. "Y..yes, I'm ready," He said once she reassured him. For all his nerves, he knew that once the dance started he would need to lead, that was the one thing he was confident in, he knew he could dance.

Amella adusted their stance and the music began to play. The petite blonde started in leading, not sure how he would feel about that. She hoped that Jae was comfortable and confident enough to take over or stop her. In a way the veela supposed she was testing him. She wanted him to be confident with himself - as a dancer and a person. She wanted that for all her friends. Amella wondered why it was that she and her sisters were so different. Amoretta jompy and shy, she outgoing, and Aminia was a monster in Amella's eyes - what could cause this. Nature must have played a part.

It felt like old times. Back when neither of them knew magic existed, when they spent hours practicing routines, it was the only time Jae-Sung felt confident, the only time he felt in control of his life. When the music began playing and they both began Amella was leading, it was understandable, Jae-Sung was out of practice dancing with his partner but as he felt the music he could feel some of the confidence coming back, the confidence he only felt with Amella in hold. Jae-Sung began to take over leading, they went through the steps, him becoming more and more forceful in taking the lead. "Just like old times," Jae-Sung said quietly.

Amella and Jae-Sung danced for nearly an hour, and the blonde would agree this was very much so just like old times. She was happy to be dancing, and to feel like she was home. Inside of her a need from the familiarity shrank - and before she'd never even been aware it was there. With a smile, as the music faded again, she ended their small routine. "You have gotten better. You must practice with dedication often." It was a compliment from the petite Claw, and she meant it. "Would you like to practice with me once a week?" She inquired, hoping this might become a regular escape from school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back