Two Peas in a Pod

Jasmine Wolfe

OOC First Name
Lauren
It had only been a day or so since Jasmine and Grayson had last seen each other but it felt like weeks for Jasmine. So, she took it upon herself to go and find her brother and force him to spend time with her. She made her way up to Gryffindor Tower (which took an inordinate amount of time) and said to the portrait, which she assumed was the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room, "Gray! I need Gray!!" she panted. She had no idea if it was the correct way to announce that there was a visitor outside but she figured that it was worth a try as there was no else around to ask for help.

It didn't feel right to be apart from Jasmine, but the sorting hat had seen fit to put them in different houses and it must have had its reasons. Grayson hadn't seen Jasmine since the sorting ceremony and he hated that, he wanted to see her as soon as he could, so he made his way down from the dorm and into the common room. It appeared empty so Grayson walked straight through to make his way to the portrait hole.

Fleur liked the Gryffindor common room, but it wasn't as much fun as being outside and exploring the grounds. Leaving her cat Jack in her dormitory for today, she decided she would head out to check out the lake. It was pretty huge, and she was curious to see what it would look like up close. As she came down from the dormitory and headed to the portrait hole, she noticed one other person who seemed to have had the same idea. It was a boy in her year. She sped up slightly to catch up with him. "Hey there, what's your name again?" She asked with a smile. "I remember seeing you at the sorting but I don't remember, sorry. I'm Fleur." She glanced at the portrait hole. "I guess we're both heading out somewhere, want to walk together for a bit? Less chance of getting lost, and all that." She had met the girls in her dormitory and some people on the train, but Fleur figured getting to know more of her fellow first years could only work out for the better.

Grayson turned around when he heard the voice of a fellow first year coming up behind him. "Oh hi, I'm Grayson," He smiled at the girl and was about to ask for her name when she got there first. "Yes, you're face looks familiar, its nice to meet you Fleur," At her suggestion that they had out together, Grayson resumed walking towards the portrait hole. "You're right, it can't hurt to have some company, its a big castle after all," Grayson turned away from Fleur and climbed out of the portrait hole and into the corridor. To his surprise he was greeted by his sister, who seemed to have been arguing with the portrait. "Jazz, what are you dong here?"

Jasmine walked the corridor for what seemed like an eternity before she heard a couple of voices appear from behind her and one sounded exactly like Gray so she span around and grinned widely, she was so excited to see her brother and she hoped he felt the same way too. However, her twin wasn't alone, Gray seemed to be deeply engrossed in a conversation with a Gryffindor girl who he walked out of the portrait hole with. Jasmine immediately crossed her arms and frowned, who was this girl? Her brother asked her a question and she sighed deeply "I'm here for you obviously" she replied bluntly, all her enthusiasm had drained out of her "who is this?!" she demanded looking at the girl who seemed to be awfully friendly with her brother.

Fleur smiled at the boy as he introduced himself in turn. She was eager to make friends outside the dormitory, and Grayson seemed like a nice enough guy. "Agreed," she told him with a smile. "And if we do get lost at least we'll have company," she joked as she followed him through the portrait hole. Fleur was surprised to see another girl standing there. The girl immediately began to talk to Grayson and Fleur started to raise her hand in greeting, eager to make another friend, when the girl rounded on her and demanded to know who she was in the most irritating way. Fleur glanced between the two, raising an eyebrow slowly. They looked like siblings, twins maybe? But why would that make this girl react the way she did? "Well, 'this'," she gestured at herself, "is Fleur. Human girl, you may be familiar with them seeing as you are one as well." She put a hand on her hip. "So, are you always this rude to new people you meet or is this a special occasion?"

Grayson smiled at the girl as she said they would at least have company if they got lost. He wouldn't mind getting a little lost in the castle as long as he had someone who could help him figure a way back. Getting lost was always the best way to find things in his view. "That sounds good," He laughed as they left the common room through the portrait hole. Finding Jasmine on the other side was a surprise but her reasoning for being there shouldn't have been. Fleur introduced herself before Grayson had the chance to but he figured he may as well fill in the blanks. "I'm happy to see you Jazz," He smiled at her before turning to Fleur, "Fleur this is my sister Jasmine, Fleur and I just met, right this second on the other side of the portrait hole," Grayson wasn't quite sure why he was explaining how he knew Fleur, but something about his sisters tone had put him on the defensive.

Jasmine narrowed her eyes when the other girl tried to wave at her in an attempt to say hello. She flashed the girl and fake smile and then continued to scowl at the two Gryffindors. The girl responded in the most infuriating way "I know you're a girl" she replied, mirroring the other girl and placing a hand on her hip "I also know I am a girl aswell, Fleur!" she said scornfully. She ignored Fleur's question and rounded on her brother. Jasmine raised her eyebrow when her brother said that he was happy to see her, it didn't look like it, he seemed to be having more fun with this Fleur person. "That's a nice little story, seems like you two are getting on. Well, I wont bother you anymore, carry on with whatever you two were planning on doing this afternoon then" she taunted as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Fleur gave Grayson a sideways look when he hurried to explain they had just met a second ago. He seemed aware that his sister was unreasonably jealous, though his words didn't seem to have much effect on the other girl as he became defensive at once. The girl was acting like a jealous girlfriend, not a sister. Fleur didn't think she'd be that hostile to any of her brothers friends, especially as he could use a few. Fleur snorted when Jasmine defended that she knew they were both girls. Had the joke flown over her head? Maybe their senses of humor were just different. Fleur cocked her head to the side when she said she wouldn't bother them anymore, and she grinned. "Great! Thanks, we will!" She said happily as she made to walk on with Grayson, she had the feeling that would infuriate her like nothing else.

Grayson's attempt to quell the tension between the Gryffindor and his sister had clearly failed, he might as well have not been there for all the good his words had done. He scratched his heads as he listened to the words exchanged between the two girls waiting for his opportunity to step in again. "Don't be like that Jazz, we're just gonna walk and talk why are you being so aggressive?" He asked his sister. Jasmine was stubborn sure but he hadn't seen her like this before and he knew his sister very well. "I'm sure the two of you will be good friends once you get to know each other," Grayson wasn't sure he believed his own words but he was clutching at straws.

Jasmine narrowed her eyes and felt incredibly angry that Grayson wasn't defending her. She felt her blood begin to boil as he continued to attack her, his own sister! She clenched her fists to try to quell her anger but it didn't seem to do much good. "I'm not being aggressive Grayson!" she shouted, stamping her foot "I don't think we will, she's your friend. Clearly you prefer company like hers over your own sister!" she said through gritted teeth before turning on her heel and she stormed off down the flight of stairs back to the Slytherin Common Room.

Grayson tried to keep the peace int his little confrontation, and while Fleur appreciated the effort she didn't think it was really effective. His sister just seemed kind of crazy, or at least upset about a deeper issue. Whatever it was, she didn't need to take it out on Fleur. Preidctably, the girl overreacted to Grayson's pretty reasonable words and threw a little tandrum. Fleur watched her, unimpressed. "Bye!" She called after the girl as she stormed off, though even she knew it wasn't strictly necessary to fan the flames like this. It was just ridiculous, and she hoped the girl would feel silly about it once she cooled off. Fleur turned to Grayson. "Sorry if I got you in trouble with your sister, but she totally overreacted." She stated. "I get it if you want to go after her, though." She added. Even though Jasmine has been a brat, she knew that sibling instinct was strong. Fleur had three younger siblings herself, and even when they were upset about really silly things, she felt the urge to comfort them. Still, it felt to her like even her six year old sisters were more reasonable than this girl had been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back