Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Alright well it's obvious that a lot of people have gotten Twitters for their characters around HNZ, but I was just wondering if the Twitter accounts would be actual REAL twitter accounts for the characters in their everyday life?

For example, can our characters acknowledge Twitter in an RP, it is 2023 after all, and can they acknowledge other people's Tweets in an RP? I feel like it may be a good thing/make things interesting like saying "I read <someone>'s tweet about <whatever> the other day, wonder what it meant?" or something like that? Though I do see a problem in this, as Twitter is well, on the internet, and electronics go all buggy around magic, so therefore cell phones and computers would be out of the question at HNZ right?

BUT for those who live in the Muggle world/grew up there, can they still say they updated their Twitter frequently this past summer to keep their friends up to date while they were away or something?

I know it's a weird trivial question, but I just remember thinking about whether I was allowed to mention it in an RP once and whether our 'in character' twitter accounts were really IN-character...

I don't think such a system would work out in all honesty. Magic screws up electronic devices. A lot of people's character's twitter accounts tweet about Hogwarts things. Trying to acknowledge the two at the same time makes little to no sense.
Especially when characters with non-muggle backgrounds have twitter accounts. :)
I think it's just a neat way to update people of what is happening with your character right now OOC... Does that make sense? :)

Yeah, I figured, it does make sense. Just thought I would ask just in case, thanks! :)

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back