Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapph made her way out of the great hall after the sorting ceremony. She was tired, with a full belly. All she wanted was to make it back down to the Slytherin common room and get some sleep. She slowly made her way back out into the Entrance Hall, yawning. She could find some more energy tomorrow.

Onyx had been bouncing on the edge of his seat all night- since he had transferred he hadn't been part of the sorting ceremony, but he was slightly disappointed to be put into Gryffindor- it just made it that much harder to be closer to his sister. Not that she would mind, but still. He would win her loyalty yet.

As soon as the sorting ceremony was over, he bolted. He pushed his way through the crowd till he made it to the entrance hall, and he began looking around frantically. It didn't take him long. Within moments she was walking out, sleepy and adorable.

"Sapphire!" He yelled, running towards her.

Sapphire stopped dead in her tracks when she heard her name yelled over the clatter of the other students. There was no way... she turned slowly, a little cautious. He couldn't be here... could he?

Onyx broke through the last of the kids in his way and darted forward, catching his sister up in his arms and spinning her around, laughing happily. He set her back on her feet and instantly started cuddling her, burying his face in her neck and wrapping his arms around her. "Sapph," He sighed happily, content to stay there all night.

Sapphire's eyes widened when her suspicions were confirmed and her brother burst through the other students. Before she could decide what to do he had caught her in his arms and spun her around. When her feet touched the ground again he instantly wrapped himself around her. She was blushing furiously. She patted his back a bit and tried to get him off. "Oh-okay, 'ello Onyx. You can... yeah, mmhmm, you can let me go now."

The new year had just begun, and Diana was a little unhappy that Alice was in Hufflepuff. Sure, it suited her sister, but she would have liked to have Alice in Slytherin with her. She was by far the most tolerable of her sisters on a daily basis, and quite easy to tell what to do. But she didn't need Alice, so it was fine. She hadn't lingered in the Great Hall to talk to her after the feast either. She figured there was plenty of time to catch up later and she was quite eager to get to bed. As she crossed through the entrance hall, she heard someone call Sapphire's name. Turning, she spotted a boy running toward her friend and hugging her in quite a dramatic way. He picked her up and spun around with her, which made Diana's eyebrow raise slightly. Interested, she walked over. "Hey Sapphire, something seems to have attached to you." She said with a gesture at the boy, who was clinging to her for dear life.

Sapphire was still trying to detach her brother when Diana came up. Sapph looked up at her with wide blue eyes. "Hey, Di, good to see you. How was your summer?" She grinned a little awkwardly. "Ah, yeah, you remember me telling you about my brother?" She started, not completely sure how this was going to play out.

Onyx's eyes lit up when he heard one of Sapphire's friends approach them. He squeezed his sister one last time before releasing her. He gave the girl Sapph called 'Di' a charming smile and took her hand in his, bringing it to his lips and giving it a kiss. "Onyx Michaels." He introduced himself before turning back to his sister. "You never told me you had such beautiful friends, Sapphy."

Diana had been wondering if the boy clinging to Sapphire was a boyfriend, but the reminder that she had talked about her brother made her realize what was happening. It made a lot more sense. "My holidays were fine- Oh. Is this him?" She asked, looking at the boy curiously. As the boy released his sister, she got her first good look at him and realized there was no mistake. He was definitely her brother. She watched in stunned surprise as the boy grabbed her hand and kissed it, only coming to herself when he introduced himself. Pulling a face, she stepped back and pointedly wiped her hand on her robes. "Keep your germs to yourself. Weirdo." She snapped. Then she glanced at Sapphire, frowning. "Does he usually do that?"

Sapphire was about to respond to Diana when her brother let go. Her jaw dropped as she watched her brother put the moves onto her friend. She wasn't really surprised by Diana's reaction. Sapph rolled her eyes dramatically for Di's benefit and stepped forward, slapping her brother upside the head. She moved so that she was standing between Onyx and Diana and crossed her arms.

"You stupid emo poster boy, I'm not going to introduce you to any of my friends if you don't stop hitting on them." She stuck her tongue out at him, too tired for his nonsense right now. She looked apologetically at Diana. "Ignore him, he's an idiot."

Onyx put a hand over his heart and feigned hurt as Sapph's friend snapped at him and wiped her hand on her robes. "Oh, how you wound me- ow!" He rubbed the back of his head as his sister smacked him and walked around. He couldn't help but grin as she admonished him. She was so cute when she was angry. "Aw, Sapphy, I don't mean any harm."

He gave her his best innocent face. "I was just messing around. It's not my fault all your friends are so good looking. I mean, first was that dreamy blue-eyed boy, and then that tall, dark and handsome one with the zoo." He put a hand over his heart, looking at his sister with his best puppy eyes. "I can't help it when I'm surrounded by such beautiful people." He turned a little and winked at Diana.

Diana watched the discussion between Sapphire and Onyx, a little uncertain now. No boys had ever said anything like that to her before, but the way he apparently said it about every person he met made it feel cheap. Like he was joking around. She huffed, rolling her eyes dramatically much like Sapphire had done. "If you don't change your behavior, you won't be surrounded by any kind of people, they'll all be avoiding you like the plague." She snapped, then glanced at Sapphire. "Why is he here?" She asked then, choosing to talk to Sapphire rather than to the boy himself.

Sapph turned to look at Diana, not really liking her tone, but also not able to deny Onyx's behavior was going to get him in trouble. She chose not to acknowledge the first part, trusting her brother could handle himself. She focused instead on Diana's second question instead. She turned back to Onyx. "I was actually just about to ask that, myself. What in the world are you doing here, Onyx?" She asked, hand still on her hip.

Onyx gave his trademark half-grin. "Oh, I wouldn't worry about it too much, beautiful." He told Diana. "I just like to appreciate the beauty in everyone. I'm sure there's someone who can understand that." He turned to his sister then, stepping back in and cuddling her again. It was a relief to be this close to her all the time now, though he was sure it wouldn't be long before she started to hit him when he invaded her bubble. "I got transferred once I found out you went to school here," He told the girls.

Diana wasn't sure if she should have been so harsh to Sapphire's brother right in front of her, but he had started it by acting weird. It surprised her that Sapphire apparently didn't know about her brother being here either, as Diana's question was quickly repeated by the other Slytherin girl. "Maybe you can appreciate the beauty in everyone quietly and in your head." She commented acidly, rolling her eyes again. "Stalker, much?" She muttered under her breath.

Sapphire grimaced when Onyx came in to hold her again. "Come on," She whined, glad that at least Diana wasn't afraid to call her brother out on his nonsense. "Don't you have any sense of personal space?" She complained, though a little part of her liked the attention. "What house are you in?" She asked him, hoping it wasn't Slytherin. At least if they were in different houses she could get some peace and quiet.

Onyx laughed and hugged her one more time before releasing her and stepping back. "Sorry," He apologized half-heartedly. "I'm just so glad you're back." He grinned at Diana, not forgetting she was there. "I'm glad to see you have so many friends." He addressed her question with a subtle pout. "Oh, I'm in Gryffindor."

Diana raised her eyebrows at the sight of Onyx hugging Sapphire again. "You know, I don't think she likes that." She pointed out dryly. "Maybe you should listen to someone instead of just doing what you want." It was fairly hypocritical coming from her, but she had already taken a dislike to this weird boy. "Oh Gryffindor, that explains a lot," she said with a dismissive gesture. "My sister's in that house. Thankfully, she's a bit less annoying." She said with a snort. "She's a prefect now, somehow, so you'll probably know her. Her name's Rose." Diana didn't really know if Rose would make a good prefect, but she was willing to take some of the glory by mentioning her sister's new position as much as she could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back