Twilight The Movie Discussion

i wanted to rip out like the middle 250 pages b/c there was no edward
to be honest...i cheated and flipped to the back to make sure that he was coming back before i even went through and read it

I did that, i hated it when she kept going to Jacob, i really dont like Jacob, he seems like such a threat to Bella and Edward.

already read the four books, it was awesome but not the jacob part, i hate it, like katalina i cheated too. i saw alice name and it was a relief, and renesmee's cute, though, in my imagination.

Not sure if I said this before, but one line in the movie totally makes me cringe. When Bella's dad Charlie gives her the truck he bought off Billy Black, and she sees Jacob, he says, "We used to make mudpies when we were little." Ugh!!! Okay, I understand the movieverse making Jacob a bit older for the fact of what happens in the rest of the books. But still. Totally cringe worthy, plus the crappiest line I've ever heard. :lol:

Other than that, love the movie, can't wait to own it next month. ;) And the 4th book...Jacob's book, wow. I loved every chapter ending.

"You fell down two flights of stairs...and through a window!"

Who does that?

I may have been guilty of quoting that the whole day I saw it with the person who went to see it with me. :r:

OK, time I finally posted here -_-

So I finally finished the first book. And credit must be given where credit is due. It was a good book. OK I said it <_<

But I'm sorry I don't what the big fansination with it is? Good book, good storyline enough said.

Now the movie. I have only seen the first hour of it on the internet I might see the remaining soon. Now I really don't like the casting. I imagined nearly every character differently, even though I knew who the celebs were before reading the book.

I agree with Cecily, that line was weird, what a way to remember someone. So I may finish this when I see the end of the movie, but it seems OK so far.

i luvvvv twilight..like mike im onto the 3rd book..only just started it..love the film too! saw it twice at cin in one week. best bit = the baseball scene XD

i duno if i wanna carry on reading in case bella ends up with jacob or sumfin then i wil b vair disapointed :(

Twilight is epic, all who think otherwise are wrong.

Well then I must be wrong :glare: but I'm still right no matter what everyone says.

The first time I read Twilight I loved it.

I second time I went to read it (three months later) I couldn't even get to the third chapter, the writing was so bad. All I could think was "How did I ever get into this?".That's what passes for good literature these days.

However the movie was fabulous, because every person in the theatre who was there were all adults who had come to laugh at the serious scenes. We had a MLIA moment when the couple next to us started to giggle at Edward's face in the lab scene, and we did too.
Edward was hilarious 24/7. -sultry look- ... -sultry glare- ... -I just replaced my eyedrops with superglue glare-

The movie. Was. Win. I hadn't laughed so hard for such a long time.

I had that too, the first time I read the Twilight books, I didn't think they were amazing, but I liked them. And thought they were an enjoyable read, but when I read them again. I wondered what on earth I liked about them and how on earth I even read them, cause they were very poorly written.

I disliked the film a lot. I just did not like it. I didn't think casting was all the great. And it was pretty stupid. I never went to see it in the cinema either, I waited till it came out on DVD and then got my sister to buy it. And I don't plan on seeing the new film either.

I don't like Twilight.

Imogen Day said:
I disliked the film a lot. I just did not like it. I didn't think casting was all the great. And it was pretty stupid.
^Exactly^ I thought the movie was pretty suckish. I liked the books before the movie came out, but then it came out, and everyone was like "OMG TWILIGHT!" and I was just like "Yeah..." And I greatly dislike Robert Pattinson. Greatly.

I also thought Breaking Dawn sort of 'killed' Edward Cullen too. I never really liked his character, but after Breaking Dawn, it was Team Jacob :)

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't think Taylor Lautner is yummy? Even we have the same birthday :p

I began reading the books before I watched the movie, and I really liked them!
I love fantasy, always have, and I'm always open to different types of fantasy, so Twilight was just a new type of fantasy for me, as I've never read anything to do with Vampire's before, but I thought it was great. Stephanie Meyer's introduced a totally new thing to us, I mean, nothing like it has ever been done before has it? Alright there's been books about Vampire's, and books about magic, but no ones ever done anything quite like it.
Everything's quite out there, and it is one of those love it or hate it series'.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the way it was written, or anything wrong with the story-line, it's just all to do with people's opinions and taste's.

The first time I watched the movie, I was really disappointed. When I started reading the books, I didn't know who had been cast to play any of the parts apart from Robert as Edward, but everyone was pretty much as I'd pictured them, especially Bella, Mike, Charlie, Alice and a few of the others. Eric, I really hadn't pictured as he was, or Angela, they were too different from the way they were written up to be in the books. I wasn't really bothered by any of the other characters.
Bella and Edward. UGHH! It was actually irritating me to sit and watch them. They had no chemistry whatsoever and they were so awkward with each other. And what was the deal with the whole loving each other thing, one day they met each other, then Edward disappeared for a good few days, then all of a sudden he was back and they were in love and he was telling her how he couldn't stand living without her bla-bla-bla. Em, they hadn't even had a proper conversation yet!!!!!! Bella just plain annoyed me, she was so door-faced, and I know she was written a little like that in the books, but not half as bad as the way Kristen portrayed her. I was totally put off the movie by the two of them, Bella and Edward, the way they acted together was just.. disturbing, tbh!
That was the only thing wrong with it, everything else was great. There just wasn't enough work put into the way Bella and Edward acted, it was all just totally wrong!
But that was few months ago, and after watching it again two days ago (in better quality) I actually really enjoyed it, since I've gotten past the whole awkward Edward and Bella thing. I think people really need to watch it a few times before judging it, which really is a bad thing, considering most people will go to the pictures to see a movie when it first comes out, and then there only going to see it once before it comes out on DVD, at which point they wont even consider buying it.
But, it does grow on you. It's grown on me and I love it, I'm planning to go see New Moon next week when it first comes out, with my mum who's read the books after I've finished them and watched the first movie too :lol: she loves them :oy: .
I haven't read the last book yet, but I plan to buy it soon :) .

Yeah Twilight is stupid I mean they could of gotten better actor for edward and actress for Bella plain and simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back