Turn it on

Lily was impressed. "An auror? Very cool. I have Charms, Transfiguration, Defence, Muggle Studies, Divination, History, Arithmancy and Potions. I plan on playing professional quidditch for a while, then either teaching or working in the Ministry as part of the Quidditch league." She looked up a bit shyly, "Quidditch is kinda my life, well, at least for now. Do you play at all?"

" nah not really, I love the sport. It is like a religion, but im not a good player. It's strange, im a good flier but I just can't multitask." Alex said feeling kind of bad at how he lacked the ability for the sport." So you would play for Ravenclaw then wouldn't you?" He asked, wondering if she would ever teach him how to play the sport, seeing as it would be good to play for his own house team.

Lily laughed at Alexander's multitasking comment. "I am most definately on the team. I, well, I am sort of captain." She blushed a touch, still not one for bragging about her position on the team. "Like I said, its my life. Especially now. I want the Quidditch Cup to stay in Ravenclaw another year." The past year they were undefeated, and she planned on keeping them that way. "It would look much better to the scouts if I was able to maintain the title another year."

" It certainly would, I hope you make it. I think it is good that your pursuing your dream." Alex said genuinely he hoped she did make it, so he could at least say, I know her! The dream job he had all planned out was a hard one, he had to ace all his NEWTS and then get the job, with quidditch all you need to be good at the sport and make sure you don't stuff up when the scouts come out to see you play. Which was also a fair bit of pressure when you look at it like that. " So what got you into Quidditch?"

"I hope so. There are two teams looking at me right now. Both are in this part of the world, so I hope that at least one pans out," Lily replied with a smile. "I've been playing since my first year, ever since I found out I could fly." Looking over at Alexander, she asked, "So what made you choose to become an Auror, Alexander?"

" My biological parents where both Auror's."Alex said looking down at the ground, he didn't really like talking about them much, seeing as that was the only thing he knew about them. " I just thought I should follow in there footsteps, seeing as they where very successful." He managed to say. He remembered how he had found out, that they had died. They told him and his older brother that they where going to work and they mightn't be home for a few days and reading in the paper the next morning, he read that they had been murdered.

Rounding the corner, they came upon the stairwell up to the first floor. Taking the first few steps up, Lily looked at Alexander to make sure he was with her, then continued to talk. "That's cool that you want to be like your parents." She had caught on to the fact that he had noted that they were his biological parents, but didn't want to press. She figured if he wanted to tell her, he would elaborate. This was, after all, the first time they had met.

" Well in my family there is a long line of Auror's and it would be kind of wrong not to follow that on, it would ruin everything." He said with a smile as he began to walk up the stairs. He never really talked to someone as much as he had talked to Lily today, but talking to her was a good thing it would help him develop. Make him a better person and have people on his sisde for if anything went wrong, in the later stages of his life.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Lily took a few steps out onto the first floor, then turned to face Alexander. "Wow. That is cool to have a family business, so to speak. Wish I had something like that." She really wasn't ready to talk about her family just yet, but she did feel comfortable around him. It was odd. He was not bad looking at all, and really nice too. "My family is so dysfunctional it isn't funny."

" Yeah." Alex said looking down at the ground, well at least she had a family unlike him. It was hard for him to talk about it, and sometimes he felt like he needed to, just so people understand, why he never talks about them. " Yeah, my Parents both died when I was eight, and my forster parents died two years ago." Alex confessed, it was the second person he had told about his family. It was strange how he went from never talking to anyone to telling people, practically his whole life story.

"Really? I'm sorry." Lily moved to give him a hug. "That's horrible." Stepping back, she spoke softly. "My family is very anti-magic. My great Grandfather came from a magical family and was the only sibling to turn out a squib. He left and raised his family to hate magic. When they realized I was a witch, I was shipped off to school and told never to come home." She looked down at the ground, sliding her foot around a bit. "I haven't been home since I was 11. I talked to my mom once on the phone when I was in the States, but that was it."

" That's terrible. Where do you live, or have you got other family where you stay?" He asked, hoping that she wasn't all by herself. It was hard enough for him to make it on his own two feet let alone someone who was even younger then himself. He moved in and put his arms around her and gave her a soft hug, he decided that he was going to put people over himself in life. what's the point of having friends if you can't comfort them? He asked himself.

"I have no family, other than the family I have created for myself," Lily said, smiling at the hug she received. "I spent most of my holidays at my ex's dad's house. When we broke up, I crashed at my friend's apartment until I could come back to school." Her eyes lit up just a bit at the thought of where she would be from now on. "She and I actually will be signing a lease with a couple of other friends of ours soon. I am the last one to sign, actually, because of school. I guess I will be living outside of Obsidian Harbour from now on." Her expression turning more serious, "How about you? Do you have a place?"

" Yeah, my forster parents left me a property in there will, in the outback of Australia. It isn't really much but I suppose it is home." Alex said as he released her and stepped back." If you ever need a place to stay, Your welcome to come stay at mine." Alex said offering his home to her, he knew it was the right thing to do but he hardly knew her. He just couldn't bare to see someone with out a home, while he was living comfortably.

Lily was touched. She barely knew Alexander, but he was willing to open his home to her if she needed one. "That is really sweet. I will remember that, Alexander. Thank you. And if you ever need a place to crash, let me know." She smiled at him, then spoke. "It's really going to be different having a place to call my own again. It's been so long."

" Yeah it would be, it took me a few years to get used to The farm being my home." Alex said as he remembered about when they first moved there and how awkward it was and how home sick he felt after a few days. " .. and thank you to." He said in reply to her offering up her own house for him if he ever needed it.

Lily smiled, then looked Alexander in the eyes. "I should get back to my room. I need to finish up on my Defence essay before class. See you in class?" She then moved close and gave him another hug. "Thanks for helping me out down there."

Alex returned the hug. " It's ok really, if it wasn't for you I would still be in there to." He said smiling. " Yeah ok see you in class." He said as he slowly began to make his way back down the stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back