Turn it on

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alex ventured down into the dark abyss of the Hogwarts Dungeon for the first time, other then for Potions. He passed the classrooms and headed deeper. The walls, made from old sand stone brick, stained from the hundreds of years they would have been there for. His green eyes looking around at all the pictures, and hangings on the wall. His green eyes darting around, in the unfamiliar place, in which he was situated. His baggy white shirt, noticeable in the dark corridors. As he reached the end of the corridor he looked at the wall, which was oddly clean. He touched it, and shocked himself, seeing as the door spun around into a slide that took him down even further into the depths of the castle.

He looked around, to see nothing no light at all. He quickly reached for his wand. Which illuminated at the flick of his wrists. Lighting up a small room. " Woah, how the bloody hell am I supposed to get out of here." Alex said out loud to himself.

Lily decided she needed to wander, get out of the tower for a bit. Somehow she found herself in the one place she really had no desire to be -- the dungeon. The chance that she would run into Blake was high, but she kept her fingers crossed that she wouldn't. The rumors had reached her ears about his daliances with other girls. It hurt to know he was off kissing other girls, but she had no claim on him any longer and knew that she needed to let it go. Besides, she had done her fair share of kissing since coming back to school.

Not really paying attention to where she was going, she managed to get herself turned around and not really sure where she was. Her hand reached out, running along the walls. Suddenly one turned on her and she slid down. Screaming, Lily was deposited on the floor of a room. The only light was wand light. She didn't know who or what was down there. Grabbing her own wand, she stood quickly and flicked the light on. "Bloody hell. What is going on here?"

Alex stepped back as someone else fell out of the hole in which he came from. He noticed it was a girl about his age, maybe a little bit younger. " I don't know, I was just wandering around in the dungeon and then the next thing I fell down here." He said as he looked at the girl. " Are you alright?" He asked hoping she was. It was weird, what where the chances of two people, walking up the end of a dead end corridor and touching the wall. " I'm Alexander Fields, by the way." He said as he wiped off his right hand and extended it to her.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just a bit shocked is all," Lily responded. Shaking the hand extended to her, she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you Alexander. I'm Lily Potter." She looked at the boy, not quite sure why she hadn't seen him before. "So, how long have you been down here?" Walking over to the walls, she started to push on them, trying to figure out exactly how to get out of there. "Any ideas on how we get out?" The room was pretty bare, a few chairs and a table only. Lily was looking for a window, but sadly, there wasn't one.

" I've been in here for about half an hour, there is no way to get out of here, I've pushed on every wall it doesn't look like it is going to work." Alex said as he thought about whether they should just blast through the wall but it would compromise the integrity of the castle and maybe it might collapse, killing them both. As Alex looked over at the tables and chair's he remembered a stupid riddle, his forster father had once told him. Well you couldn't even call it a riddle, it was complete and utter madness.

Lily swore under her breath, then appologized. "Sorry. I forget myself sometimes," she said with a chuckle. "Ok. So no apparent exit. No window. No light source but our wands." She walked in a bit of a circle, trying to think. "There has to be some sort of trigger that we are missing, but what?" The Ravenclaw was puzzled. It was out of the question that she wouldn't figure it out, but how long would they be stuck until she did?

Feeling the need to change the subject, Lily stopped pacing and looked at the boy, no, young man, trapped in the room with her. "I'm sorry. I tend to ramble. Why is it that I don't know you? Or have I been locked in my own little world and not realized that you were in my classes?" She cocked her head to the side, crossing her arms over her chest. She was so engrossed with her now ex-boyfriend up til this year that it was quite possible for someone to have been in her class and she wouldn't even have noticed.

" No body here knows me, I just kind of blend in with the atmosphere." Alex said as he kicked one of the chairs causing it to crumble into a little pile on the floor. He bent down and picked up one of the legs. Igniting it with his wand and placing it in the center of the table, making it stand up with magic. " Well at least we don't have to use our wands anymore." Alex said hoping that there was air coming into the room, so that the smoke would not asphyxiate them. He walked over towards the wall placing his wand on one of the bricks and drawing a circle, cutting the tiniest circle into the brick work. He looked in to see nothing but compacted dirt. " Nothing there, try it all around."

Lily gave a questioning look at Alexander, then watched what he was doing. Turning to the wall behind her, she was itching to try the spell she had just covered in charms the week before, but knew better than to do that. She would end up blasting the whole wall down on top of them. She placed her wand on a brick and muttered "deprimo" blowing a hole in the brick in front of her. The hole opened up to what looked to be another brick wall. "Nothing here. Wonder if we can climb back up the slide and spin the wall again."

Alex began to think about whether he could make it up there if he was in his animagus form. " Are you a animagus or anything like that?" He asked hoping that she was a bird animagus, so she could fly up there open the wall and then get a rope or something like that. " because I think I could make it up there but I don't know for sure." He said as he thought about transfiguring his hands into suction cups just until he made it up there. " Wait a tick." he said as he ran over and grabbed a piece of the chair he had broken before. He walked back and threw it up the slide making it hit the wall at the other end, he could hear the concrete grinding as he done so, the piece of wood on its way back landed at his feet, missing his face by millimeters.

"Um, no, not an animagus, sorry," Lily responded, wondering exactly what he was thinking. Moving to the wall that they had not tried yet, she blasted out the circle in the brick and looked through to see another brick wall behind it. "Damn. Ok, this wall is a bust to. Somehow the exit must be back out that wall." She watched as the chunk of chair Alexander threw up the slide came sliding back down.

Grabbing one of the other chairs in the room, Lily took it over and set it next to the slide and the moving wall. Standing on it, she reached up, pressing her body against the wall. She was just able to reach the moving part of the wall. Pressing on it, the wall opened, but because she was just barely able to press on it, it did not stay open very long.

" Stand on my shoulders you will be able to reach higher." Alex said as he walked over and stood right next to her. He knew she would be able to get out from standing there, and knew it had to be done. " When you make it up there, would you be able to summon a piece of rope so you can pull me out or tie it to something so i can climb out?" He asked Lily. He didn't really like the idea of being trapped down the bottom of the dungeon, for the rest of his natural life.

Lily looked at Alexander, then nodded. "Ok. I will get something to get you out. Not to worry." She smiled at him, then moved to climb up on his shoulders. She was easily able to reach the wall this way, sliding it open and pushed herself up off of his shoulders into the opening. "Hand me a chunk of the chair. I don't know how long I can keep the wall open on my own." Extending her arm down, she waited for the chair part, pressing the wall open with her legs. "Or, do you think you could climb the wall?"

" I could give it a go to climb the wall." Alex said as he took a few steps back so he could have a run up to get up the initial ledge. He began to run and he jumped up placing his hands onto of the ledge using his feet to kick himself up onto the ledge. " Do you reckon you could help pull me up." He said feeling kind of winded since he hit his stomach pretty hard on the wall. It felt as though he couldn't breath even though he was. He moved on of his hands up trying to grip hers, knowing that she would try pull him in.

"Sure. I can try," Lily responded, reaching her hands down and bracing the wall open with her legs. Grasping his outstretched hand in her smaller ones, she pulled as much as she could. Alexander was larger than she was, seeing as he was a guy, so it was going to be a challenge, but one that Lily was up for. She was not about to let a classmate remain in this trap.

Using his feet he positioned himself so he could get over the ledge, which was the hardest part of it all, but now he was stuck on the slide which would be even harder to get over but seeing as he had some help, it would be easier then it would be alone. He reached up and got a hold of the top of the slide near the revolving wall. " Just one last pull."

Lily repositioned her hands, pulling on Alexander's arms in order to help him up the last bit of the wall. "Ok. Ready?" She gave her best effort to pull the other up over the last bit of the wall, while trying to keep the revolving wall open.

Alex gripped his feet in and began to use her weight to pull himself up and walk up the slide. He just made it to the top, collapsing on top of her as he done so, he quickly got up. " Sorry about that." He said extending his hand out to help her up, as they where speaking the revolving door shut. " Thank you so much, if it wasn't for you I would be still stuck in there." He said with a smile.

Lily fell backwards as Alexander came up the slide, collapsing on top of her. He quickly stood up, and reached down to her to help her up. Lily took his hand and stood up, glancing back at the door/wall to see it shutting. Smiling up at the taller student, she spoke softly. "Hey, thank you too. I would have been stuck down there if you weren't in there with me."

She moved to start walking down the hallway, to try to head back out of the dungeons a bit. "So how did you end up down here anyways?"

" I just started wandering around, I haven't been this far into the dungeons before so I thought it would be alright for me to walk around and start exploring the place." He said as he brushed the front of his shirt down, it was filthy covered in dust, from resting it in the dust covered wall. " What about you, why did you come down here?" He couldn't picture what a girl, like Lily would be doing down here in the grotty, dungeon.

"I was out for a walk and just kind of wandered down here. The tower was driving me nuts and I needed to get out for a bit, so I just started walking," Lily said with a shrug. "Honestly, the dungeons are the last place I should be, especially after these last few months." Her voice trailed off, willing herself not to think of a certain Slytherin that she was really hoping to avoid right now.

Alex nodded in approval, then stopped when she said after these few months. " I don't mean to be rude, but what happened over the last few months?" He asked hoping that he wasn't prying into her private life to much. " It's ok you don't have to answer it." He said with a smile hoping that she would only answer if she felt comfortable with it, seeing as she hardly knew him. It would be weird to tell her life story to him.

"Well, I guess its common knowlege. At least, those who like to listen to the rumor mill have made it that way," Lily replied, shrugging. "Over the summer, I broke up with my boyfriend, Blake. Its been kinda rough. Plus, I was blamed for the break up of one of my friends and her boyfriends. I really had nothing to do with that, but so many people think that I dumped Blake and then went after Sumner, which really is not the case at all." Lily realized that as she was speaking, she had clenched her fists tighter and tighter. She relaxed them, taking in a deep breath. "Sorry," she said, turning to give the taller a smile. "Its just been a rough patch. Things have to get better." Lily shrugged her shoulders, not really sure if that was true, but she hoped it was.

"So, what house are you in, Alexander?" Lily looked to see if there was any indication on his clothing, but the white shirt didn't give any information away.

" It will all get better over time, they will eventually get over it." He said with a smile, wishing that he would be able to help out more then what he could at the moment, it would be stupid to get to much involved with it seeing as sometimes that can make things a whole lot worse. " I'm a Hufflepuff Seventh year, and let me guess. Well your to nice to be a Slytherin but looking at you I reckon you would be a Ravenclaw." He said with a smile. There was no way she was a Gryffindor she was way to pretty, but he didn't want to say that and sound like a sleaze bag.

"Yeah, I am just waiting for someone else's life to be the star of the rumor mill," Lily replied with a bit of a laugh. She nodded, "Yeah, Ravenclaw. I'm a Seventh year also." Smiling at the Hufflepuff, she asked, "So what classes are you taking?" She then stopped, grabbbing his arm. "Uh, let's go this way. I'd rather not walk past the Slytherin entrance if you don't mind." Lily smirked uncomfortably, hoping that he would be agreeable to the detour.

Alex followed lily around the corner seeing as they where avoiding the Slytherin entrance." I'm taking all of them, see I want to be a Auror when I graduate, so I need to be well qualified." He said with a smile, he didn't like the fact that Lily ran from he problems, they where never going to get better if she kept doing it. " What about you, what classes are you taking?" He asked genuinely interested, it will be good having people he knows in his classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back