Kris
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
12 Inch Whippy Holly Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Open after Kaye posts with Estella

Sawyer had been glad to get his hands on a radio, not liking going so long during the day without the chance to really listen to any music. Getting a good signal in the castle however had proved to be a bit more difficult than he'd anticipated, even up in the towers, so Sawyer had brought it down to the courtyard, hoping the open air might help. He'd managed to pick up some boring talk radio already, and some classical station he was sure someone like Beckett would appreciate, but nothing that Sawyer really wanted to listen to.

Sat directly in the middle of the courtyard, Sawyer battled with the antennae, bending it at odd angles as the signal wavered in an out. He swore he could just make out a few strains of a song if he held his arm just so, twisting his elbow awkwardly and straining to listen as he turned the tuning dial hopefully. There had to be something worth listening that could be picked up here.

Estella had just finished studying on the great lawn. She was starting to get tired of all of the essays she had to write for her classes and hoped that somehow it would get easier. It was only her first year however and so she doubted that it ever would. The latina walked through the courtyard to head back inside the castle when she heard some static noises nearby. It sounded like some sort of muggle electronic. Estella’s heart skipped a beat and she stopped in her tracks. Her first thought was that someone might have taken her laptop. But how could they have done that? Turning around she saw the boy that she saw at the Yule Ball last semester with some sort of giant box that was making all of that noise. It had lots of buttons on it and an antenna which had caught the girl’s eye. She made her way over to him, itching to ask some questions about this big box. "What’s that?” she asked simply, getting straight to that point. "Something muggles use, I assume?”

Sawyer looked up when someone else approached, recognizing Estella and smiling as he continued fussing with the antenna. "Oh yeah, it's a radio," He said, beckoning her over to see if she might help him find a decent station. It'd be a lot easier having another set of hands. "Sometimes we could pick up the cool wizarding stations back home, though I had to stand on my headboard and hold my arms out like a scarecrow," He said, pulling a face and giving her a brief demonstration. "I'm trying to see if we can get any decent music at the school, wanna help?"

Estella thought a radio sounded cool, especially when Sawyer demonstrated what he had to do at home to make it work. She chuckled at his scarecrow pose, wondering why on earth it was so hard to make it work. She wanted to help him and was thrilled that he was going to let her. "Yes, of course!" Estella exclaimed, wanting more than anything to be part of this. Muggle technology was cool, and maybe knowing more about this would give Estella a better idea on how to get the laptop to work. "Why doesn't the scarecrow pose work here? Is there another pose you could try?" she asked, hoping that didn't sound as stupid as it felt.

Sawyer nodded, glad that Estella was excited about helping him get the radio to work. He'd been tempted to try and find Theia, but he was worried if he left this spot in the courtyard, he'd never find the signal again. "I have no idea," He said brightly, fussing with the arial again. "My best guess is either we're closer to the stations at home, or it's cause my room's on the third floor. I think elevation helps?" He said with a shrug, collapsing and extending the arial a few times to see if it made any difference. "I tried to see if it'd work up in the towers but I think there's too much stone in the way. Maybe you could try turning that tuning dial while I hold it up?" He asked, picking up the radio and raising it up tentatively, relieved that it wasn't too heavy.

Estella listened as Sawyer explained to her the reason why it might not be working and it made a lot of sense. The radio worked best out in the open as it made it easier for the signals to get to it. She stepped up on a nearby stone bench and began to turn the tuning dial left and right just as Sawyer had told her. As she turned it left the sound became less, but turning it right seemed to work a little bit, but the sound was still unclear. "Hey, maybe if we take this somewhere else? Like the cliffs or something? There's open space there and it's quite high up. However, there wouldn't be music in the castle and not many people would be able to hear it." Estella began to doubt her suggestion right away and just shrugged as she hoped Sawyer would have a better idea.

Sawyer tried his best to hold the radio still as Estella turned the dial, straining to hear anything clearer in the static as she did so. "Oh the cliffs? Are we even allowed over there?" He asked her curiously. He knew the forest was definitely out of bounds, but he'd not heard of anyone getting in trouble out by the cliffs. It certainly sounded a little more dangerous, though Estella was right about it having a better signal. "I'd be happy if we get it to work anywhere," He said, shifting his weight a bit and frowning as the radio tilted a bit too far to one side as he did so. Sawyer wished he was taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back