Trying to play catch-up

"No," Ford said and quickly caught up to Kaela and grabbed her arm to turn her around, "No, no. That's not how it works. What is going to happen is you are going to continue what you were saying."

Kaela struggled against Ford's arm but he was way stronger than her. She reluctantly turned around and looked up at him with wide eyes full of fear. "What I was saying? What was I saying again?" she asked with a weak laugh, trying to play dumb. Again, not the brightest of plans, but it was all she had. For a Ravenclaw I'm not too smart at coming up with ways to handle things.

A small voice in Ford's head was telling him to let it go, and to just walk away, but Ford's enormous pride had overtaken him, "Ha! You forgot?" He scoffed, "Then let me remind you: daddy issues. What did you mean by that?"

"D-Daddy issue? Oh, is that what you thought I said? I didn't say Daddy issues, I said...addy issues. You know, addy, like your attitude. You should really try and lighten up." Kaela nodded nervously, her eyes still wide with fear. She wished Ford would let go of her arm so she could try escaping again. Unfortunately he had grabbed her right arm, so she would have some problems trying to get to her wand if he tried anything..

Lily had seen a note in their room that Kaela was going to be in the library studying, so she headed down to meet up with her. She hoped to be able to help her out with any courses that Kaela was having to make up from last term. She looked around the library, wondering where Kaela was hiding. She finally rounded a stack of books and found her. Ford had his hand on her friend, and they looked like they were arguing. Kaela had a look on her face that showed how fearful she was of him.

"Hey! What on Earth is going on here? Let go of her you creep!" Lily shouted just a bit louder than was allowed in the library.

Oh bloody hell. Another one. Ford thought as he looked up to see Lily enter the scene. "What do you want," he sneered, although he let go of Kaela and stood straight up, glaring between the two girls.

Kaela was relieved and worried to see Lily there. It was good to know she wasn't alone against Ford now, especially since he let go of her arm. She rushed over to Lily's side, hoping this would end soon and not badly. Where are professors when you need them? "Hey Lily. So, uh, Ford, thanks for showing me that spell, I'll talk to you later, bye." Kaela's words came out in a rush and she grabbed Lily's arm, hoping to escape this time.

Lily looked at Ford with contempt. "Not to be anywhere near you would be preferable." She wanted nothing to do with the boy in front of her, but she didn't want to leave Kaela alone with him. "What are you doing here? Stalking girls in the library now?" She knew she should tug Kaela out of there with her, but she wanted to get a few barbs in first.

"Oh yes, because you all don't seem to come lining up to me in the first place," Ford sneered, "Don't you have another guy to slap in the face, or something?" Ford was curious as to how girls always ended up in groups, it's as if they had radar or telepathy.

Kaela could see this was not going to end well and she stepped between Lily and Ford, trying to divert their attention. "My would you look at the time! It's almost dinner time. Lily, we should probably go so we can get good seats. Ford, have a good day." Kaela once again grabbed Lily's arm, this time trying to drag her out of the library.

Lily felt Kaela trying to drag her away, but she wasn't quite ready to leave yet. She had a few more things to say. "Oh, yeah. We really come lining up to you. You must really be delusional to think that." She took a step closer to him, then continued. "Are you really so arrogant to think that either of us is here because of you? Get over yourself. You are not worth it." Her attitude was showing through every inch of her body. She turned to Kaela. "Yeah, lets get out of here before I lose my appetite." She started to walk off, wondering if Ford was going to say anything else.

"Well, I cannot think of any other reason why the two of you are here still, arguing with me and what-not," he flashed a sly grin at the two girls, even daring a wink at Lily. At this point he was motivated only by the strange desire to infuriate them beyond belief. He didn't know why, but he was running with it.

Lily turned as Ford spoke, and became enraged as he dared to wink at her! She glared at him, narrowing her eyes. She fought the urge to smile back, since she still thought he was really cute and knew what he was able to be the night that they were alone by the lake. She became more enraged, mostly with herself, for letting him get to her like that.

"What the hell is your issue? I guess we know why Sophia dumped your stupid ass. You are such a bloody git. If I ever talk to you again it will be too soon." With that, Lily turned around and started to walk away again.

Ford's grin twisted into a flirtatious smile, "Tonight then? I'll pick you up from your little study tower? I'll pay."

Lily stopped in her tracks and turned back around. "What?! Are you daft? I will make this perfectly clear. I DON'T EVER WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!" Lily screamed at the top of her lungs. "KEEP AWAY FROM ME AND MY FRIENDS YOU SON OF A B1TCH!" Before she realized what she was doing, she pulled her right arm back and threw a punch at Ford's face.

Ford's smile dropped into a gasp of surprise as the next thing he saw was Lily's fist coming towards his face rather quickly. His eyes widened and his outtake of air that would have turned into an 'oh sh1t' was cut off as a rather blunt and solid object smashed into Ford's nose.

Ford did not register that the rather blunt and solid object was Lily's fist, in fact, he did not register much of anything. His balance had been thrown completely out and he had fallen flat on his back, the force of floor had also knocked the wind out of his lungs. Leaving Ford gasping for air through a bloody and painful nasal cavity. He tried to prop himself up onto his elbows, but quickly fell back onto the floor.

By the Ten Avatars of Vishnu! Ford's last remaining cognitive though processes shouted in his mind, That girl can punch!

"Bloody," he coughed between gasps of air, "Freaking ow!" He said, still unable to retrieve himself from the floor.

Kaela had been trying very much in vain to drag Lily out of the library, wanting to avoid a confrontation. Of course the very thing she was trying to avoid did happen, much thanks to Ford. Kaela could not say she felt sorry for him as he got punched, in fact she thought he deserved it, but she didn't fancy the idea of getting into trouble because of him. Lily's yelling had certainly drawn the attention of others to them. "Oh my gosh," she said quietly, staring down at the bleeding Ford. Kaela had no better ideas than to get the heck out of there. "Uhm, Lily, we better get to dinner. Courtney will wonder where we are, she said shakily and once again attempted to drag Lily away from the scene.

Lily stood in shock that she had just punched out Ford. "Ohmigosh, omigosh, omigosh," she kept repeating and shook a bit as she looked at Ford on the floor. When she heard Kaela speak, she realized she was right.

"Yeah, we need to get out of here," she spoke quietly, just loud enough for Kaela to hear, trying to not show that she was feeling a bit of remorse that she had actually punched the jerk, "but is it okay to leave him here to fend for himself or should we help him up?"

Kaela desperately wanted to tell Lily to just leave Ford on the floor and leave, but then they wouldn't be any better than him. "I guess helping him to his feet can't be that bad," Kaela whispered to Lily and walked to Ford. She extended her right hand to him, wondering if he would take it. "Need some help?" she asked softly, hoping Ford wouldn't be too angry.

Ford wiped some blood from his lips and glared at Kaela, How could she be nice to me after this, he thought incredulously, "I'm fine." He growled and tried to push himself up, at which point he expended all his available strength, so he rested there while the world began spinning again. "Oh shite," he muttered quietly and tried to steady his immobile body.

Kaela frowned at Ford, noticing that he didn't look too good. However, she knew she couldn't make him accept her help and stepped away. "Well I tried. Let's get out of here Lily." Kaela turned sadly and began to walk out of the library, trusting Lily to follow her.

Lily watched as Kaela tried to offer to help Ford up from the floor. When he refused the help, she agreed with Kaela. "Yeah. Lets go. Can't make a jerk like that actually admit that he needs help from a couple of girls. Especially us." She sneered at him, then grabbed Kaela's arm. "Someone will find him. Eventually." She tugged her friends arm and began to walk away.

Ford glared at the two girls as they walked away. When they had gone out of sight, Ford sighed and dropped back onto the ground. With a cough, blood spattered all over his robes and hands. Bloody hell.

Laying on the floor, he stared up at the ceiling as it spun above him, slowly reducing in its angular velocity. For a moment, Ford's mind was blank. Then he thought, What the hell is wrong with me? Something changed inside Ford, something was different. His life was crap. He had alienated his ex-girlfriend, a potential girlfriend, another ex-girlfriend with whom he might have repaired to friend, and potentially his best friend. He really had nobody.

He suddenly noticed that ceiling had stopped spinning, and determined that to be a good sign to get up. Slowly and deliberately, he did so. Picking up his pack he walked towards the door, wiping the blood from his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back