Trying to play catch-up

Kaela McIlvoy

((This RP is no longer open. If you want to join PM me and ask first! Thanks!))

Kaela walked into the library and took a seat at an empty table. She had tried to keep up with some of the stuff she had learned before she left school, but a year of being away had made her forget a lot of things. She decided she should brush up on things she had already learned so she had brought some of her textbooks and old notes. Spreading them all on the table before her Kaela set to work at making a review sheet for herself of old spells and things she should know.

With his bag slung over his shoulder, Ford entered the library hoping to get some studying done. He had been having a bit too much drama recently, and needed to get his mind off of his problems for a bit. However, those plans came to a screeching halt as he turned a corner around a bookshelf and was standing not five feet from Kaela McIlvoy. Crap, there's no way she didn't notice me. I should say something, he thought, panicking.

"Hey there, Kaela," he grinned cockily, "Need some help studying?"

Kaela looked up from her work, surprised to see Ford standing there with a grin on his face. "Being nice today, are we?" she asked with a scowl. Kaela wasn't too pleased with Ford after their last meeting when he made Lily sad. No one hurt a friend of her's and got away with it.

Ford had expected Kaela to be more than a little disinclined to appreciate his presence, however, he ignored that fact and kept going, "I don't see why not. I can help you with this," he said, grinning madly, and looked down to what Kaela had laid out in front of her, "Yep, I've got this down."

Kaela narrowed her eyes at Ford feeling more angry than she had expected. Why does he have to be such a jerk? She had to admit though, some help might be nice. I can always leave if he gets on my nerves. "Fine," she said shortly, "but don't expect me to be pleasant."

"No need," Ford said, still with a grin plastered on his face, he took a seat across from the girl and sat back in the chair. "Where were you just now, before I so pleasantly interrupted you?" He inquired, cocking his head to the side.

Kaela sighed and looked down at her parchment. It had a small list of spells on it. She slid it over to Ford and looked again at her old notes. "I'm trying to make a list of spells I learned before. I started with Charms." She looked up at Ford, wondering how he planned on helping her and why.

Ford glanced down to the list, "So how's Lily?" He asked as he looked over the list, genuinely trying to recall what spells needed adding to it. His tone was a bit more apathetic than it usually was.

Kaela's mouth dropped open and she looked at Ford with anger in her brown eyes. "You've got some nerve asking that. She's fine, no thanks to you, and if you stay away from her she might just stay that way."

Something within Ford was roused: he was tired of being a pawn to girls and being part of their emotional problems. It was time for him to do something, "I think I'm going to go and pay her a visit. See for myself." He said, with a slight edge to his voice that wasn't there before.

Kaela scoffed at Ford and rolled her eyes. "You go ahead and do that, but I'd keep your distance unless you wanna get smacked again. If you know what's good for you you'll stay away from her and let her get on with her life. What did she do to you to deserve being hurt like that?" Kaela had been informed of what happened at the Yule Ball between Ford and Sophia and she wondered what Ford's deal was. Does he just like hurting people?

Ford coughed incredulously, "What did she do? It's not my fault she thought that I was interested in more than some flirting," he said as crossed his arms over his chest defensively.

Kaela gave Ford a look that said she wasn't buying it. "Lily's not stupid Ford. You led her on and you know it. I think you just have a thing for hurting people so you can feel good." She reached over to try and snatch her list from Ford, wanting to start packing up. It seemed Ford was more disagreeable than she had expected.

Ford pulled the list just out of Kaela's reach, "So I can feel good? Oh yeah, that slap to my face really felt good. I think it'll be my motivation for every girl I talk to," his voice was dripping in sarcasm.

Kaela bit her tongue and snatched for the list again, standing from her chair so she could. She was a lot shorter than Ford and knew that if he stood she would have no chance. "Hey, I don't know what you like. All I know is that you hurt my friend and she's not the first girl. Before you get out of here you'll probably have gone through every girl in the school." Kaela's words were dropping with venom, old anger at Ford coming back up as she remembered the hurt he had caused her.

Ford tossed the list at Kaela, "It's not as though you all are making it that hard, you just seem to line up for my 'abuse' anyway," he growled, his anger actually rising, for once.

Kaela grabbed her list and began stuffing her things into her bag. "Oh that's why, girls are just lining up at your feet of our own volition, not at all convinced by you that you like us. No, we just come begging for you to hurt us, don't we." With her things in her bag Kaela slung it over her shoulder and go to her feet. "You're the biggest jerk I've ever met and talking to you almost makes me regret coming back here." With tears beginning to fill her eyes Kaela turned to walk out of the lbirary.

Ford managed to put on a malicious grin, despite his anger, "Then why did you come back?" Ford shouted after Kaela's retreating form. He turned back to the table; growling, he swept his hand across the table and knocked off whatever books were on it. Why was he so angry? She was just a girl.

Kaela turned and walked back to Ford. She stopped close to him, having to stare up at him as he towered over her. "I came back because I was never happier than when I was here. I have friends here. This school is the first place I felt like I belonged, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let one stupid boy ruin that for me." Kaela stared up at Ford, wondering how he would respond to her words. If he didn't talk soon she would walk away, but her hands were ready to reach for her wand if necessary.

Ford stood, sort of in a face-off with Kaela, "Well too late for that, biddy," he sneered, "It seems as though I already have." He added, a note of pride entering into his tone.

Kaela rolled her eyes. "Puh-leeze. Don't flatter yourself into thinking your effect on me is that profound. You're a minor annoyance to me, a piece of gum on the bottom of my shoe, nothing more. I just want you to stay away from Lily, because she deserves way better than scum like you."

Ford laughed mockingly at Kaela, "A mere piece of gum? Then why are you here in this minorly annoying discussion?" Ford was about to stop, but a thought occurred to him. If he was going to do this argument here, he'd best go all the way.

"You know what? I think you still like me," he said walking closer to her slowly, "And you're just dating Kale to get me jealous, so that I'll come back to you." A sh1t-eating grin was plastered across his face, to add to the statement.

Kaela couldn't believe what she was hearing. Nothing she could do would let her win this argument now. If she walked away Ford would mock her, and he was probably better at arguing than she was. "Could you be any more dense? I'm with Kale because he makes me happy. I'm still here because I wanna make sure to pound in your head that you should stay away from Lily. Just cause you have daddy issues doesn't mean you have to take it out on the rest of us." Kaela was surprised as she heard the words she said, not really having meant to say that. She knew it was low, but she was so mad she was losing control over what she was saying.

Ford faltered as Kaela whipped out Ford's absent father and his expression changed from arrogance to anger. "Daddy issues?" He growled, "What the hell does that have to do with anything?"

Kaela's eyes widened and she knew what she said was a bad idea. "Uhm, I...I dunno," she squeaked nervously. "Let's just forget this ever happened and stay out of each other's way. K? Bye." Kaela got her words out in a rush and turned to walk away from Ford. She didn't really expect him to just forget and let her walk away, but she could try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back