Trying to move on

Riley Smith

Riley had been trying to keep himself busy to keep his mnd off every thing. Why was everything bad happening now, he had a long list of bed thing thats had happend to his in the space of like 4 months. His brother died, hid dad divorced his mum and now no one has seen or heard from her, and now his first child had been taken before he had even held her. It was offical, his life sucked bid time. Although there was one ray of light left which was his girl friend, Ana. Of course thay had split up for a while but they were back together now and that was a good thing.

Riley flicked his wand and within seconds the appartment was tidy again.nHe sighed. Now there really was nothing to do. He went ino the fridge and tok out a firewhiskey. Just as he was about to open it there was a knock at the door. He walked towards it and opened it. A smiled spread across his face. " Hey you. How are you holding up?" He handed her the drink and stepped aside to let her in.

Ana had fresh bruises all over her face and body. Dervish had lost his mind. He hated the fact that a teenager had overcome him and he had taken it out on everyone else, just like Ana had guessed. She was glad she had told Riley to go or he would have been hurt as well. Once Dervish was finished with beating her, she disapparated-with difficulty-and her feet touched the ground outside Riley's apartment.
She knocked on the door and was glad to see him when he answered it. She walked in and hugged him straight away. All she felt like doing at that moment was get completely and utterly p!ssed. She wanted to forget about everything that had happened. Even if it was only for one night. She just felt safe enough in Riley's arms that she could do whatever she wanted without being hurt. "I'm so glad to be away from there." She remembered how some people had been moving out to get away from Dervish. Junior, Stacy, Steve and now Lily.

Riley hugged her back. He noticed the bruises on her face and frowned. " Did he give those to you? I will make him pay for that dont worry." Onced he released her he went into the fridge and got out most of the good alcohol. " Ok take your pick of what your drinking tonight. I have everything wizardy and alot of things muggley." He smiled as he took a bottle of whiskey, Jack Daniels, and poured himself a shot.

Ana shook her head. "Don't. He'll kill you. I don't want to lose you." Ana looked into his eyes, pleadingly. She didn't want to see Riley die because she let Dervish get too close to him. She walked with him to the fridge and was glad to see all the alcohol. She grabbed a firewhiskey, loving how strong it was. She drank it straight out of the bottle and half of it was gone in one. "You have no idea how much I want to get p!ssed."

Riley smiled and let the subject go. " Fine what ever." He watched her down half a bottle of firewhiskey then laughed. " Right then well i think i will join you, dont want you getting p!ssed on your own." He downed the shot and then half the bottle like Ana did. " Well i think that we get me out soon." He laughed

Ana leant against the kitchen unit as she down the rest of the bottle and grabbed the next. "You already sound p!ssed." She laughed. She had given up hope and knew that she had to move on. The baby had been put on the life support for a reason and being off it for this long was obviously going to kill it. There was no point in pretending other wise. She just couldn't believe she'd gone through so much cr@p for no reason. "When I'm finished here, you're going to need to restock." She smiled at him.

Riley smiled then looked at Ana. He was suprised when it took his eye a few moment to ajust. He laughed. " You no i think you might be right." He laughed. " Dont worry i have loads left in thefridge, i never run out Ana." He smiled then gave her alittle wink. He was trying so hard to pretend tha the was ok with what had happend, he just diddnt want to show his pain to anybody

After finishing her second bottle, Ana was starting to feel a bit tipsy. She walked over to get another bottle and almost fell over. "So close yet so far." She shrugged and laughed as she grabbed her next bottle.

(soz rubbish)

Riley laughed then pointed at her. " Haha you fell over, that was silly." He began to get the giggles and decided that he had had enough to drink for the night. He walked over to the fridge still laughing and got out some coke and poured himself a cup. As he looked at Ana and her bruises he thought about that guy, and his dad. His dad seemed chilled out about everything which meant that he diddnt do it because he would have said or made a funny comment. Where as her guy had beat her up and pulled his wand out a him which told Riley that he was hiding something. He came up with the idea that Anas guy had done it. Riley sipped on his coke while he thought

Ana laughed as she started her next bottle. "Do you realise how boring you are." She joked. "You've only had like two bottles and you're already quitting." Her words were slurred and she expected Riley would only just understand what she was saying. "I am going to be so f**ked tomorrow. My head will feel like it's been run over." She continued to drink. She could see the look on Riley's face but she was too drunk to understand it so she didn't know what was going through his head. She walked over to him and wrapped one arm round his neck while the other held the bottle of firewhiskey. "I say we should have some fun. The bed is my first choice but I'm happy going anywhere." She smiled.

Riley could tell that she was drunk and diddnt want to take advantage but also diddnt no weather she would have a go at him again or not. He did the sensible thing. " Ana your drunk i dont want to tak advantage of it ok." He gave her a quick kiss then pulled away from her and smiled hoping she would understand

Ana pouted like a little girl. "Come on. You know you want to." She gave him the puppy dog face and then gave him a long kiss, hoping it would make him change his mind and take her to the bedroom. When she broke away, she looked into his eyes and gave him the puppy dog face again. "Pweety pweese??"

Riley laughed and kissed her back. " I may want to but not when your drunk ok and that face isnt going to work on me." He smiled and looked away. He did want to but not when she wasnt going to remember it in the morning and as they had just got back together he diddnt want to rush it and wanted to be sure that Ana was fine with it first. When she was sober of course but judging by the amout she is drinking, Riley will be waiting for some time.

"Oh." She crossed her arms over her chest and sulked. "You're boring. Pweeeeeeese." She sat on the kitchen unit and begged him whilst opening her next bottle. She had completely forgotten about that day. All she saw was her, Riley and loads of alcohol. "You said you didn't want me to be hurt."

Riley folded his arms across his chest. " So stubborn." He sighed and stayed where he was. " I said i ont wont to hurt you and this is me keeping my promise. Your drumk and not your self and your not thinking strait. I will do it if you ask me when you are sober ok." He smiled and sipped his coke.

Ana jumped off the unit and fell straight on her bum. She then rolled around in fits of laughter. It was official, she was well and truly drunk. When she managed to stop laughing she looked up at Riley. "That was funny." She laughed again and finished off her bottle of firewhiskey.

Riley shook his head. " I think someone has had enough." He walked over and picked her up and for carrying her to his bed and lying her down. " Try and sleep it off will you." He smiled then kissed her forehead and went back to the kitchen

Ana laughed again the shouted after him. "I'll be able to sleep much better if you're here beside me." She hoped he'd come back in and lie with her. She obviously had other things in mind but she needed to get him in the room first.

Riley chuckled. " Because you even more drunk then when my father gets annoyed and tries to drink it off. Also i doubt you would last more than 10 minutes judging by your state." He picked up again. "Bed time young lady." He led her back down and walked out back to his drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back