Trying to know

Audel Lesley

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Mahogany Wood 10 ¼ Runespoor Fang
Audel crashed through the great wooden and iron doors, scattering the house elves as the busied about their tasks and they collapsed into small squeals of fright.
"Master, please, we are sorry for being in your ways, please forgives us!"
There cries went unheeded as Audel took the great staircase two at a time and into his private chambers in the far left wings.
Never before had he faced such a conflicting problem. It would be oh so simple to just reach out his hand and help Gregory. Simpler, even, then facing his father afterwards. To just offer him accommodation would be the simplest of acts...but this went far deeper than just a room to stay in.
He could not... no, would not get involved. Audel did not know the consequences for his actions, and he wished so dearly that he dared to find out, but...
What irked him most was his strange attachment to the subject in which he was conflicted about. Having known him for many years now, Gregory's troubles almost became his own. If Audel did not help him...he would most certainly be lost.
There was no question of him helping Gregory. But how to do with without his family knowing...
Audel dropped his head back into the luxuriously embroidered pillow and stared blankly at the canopy above him.

Audel strode down the wide main staircase of the Ater manor with swift steps. For now, everyone was off on their seperate ways, but eventually Acwel or Alden would return, and the questions would begin to fly. If he could leave before that time, he may just be able to reply to Gregory's plee.

There was no doubt in Audel's mind that Alden would tell their father about what he had read. Perhaps he ought to have kept the parchment on him and burnt it at a later date. His move to throw it away as fast as possible was purely instinctual; he would not tolerate that sort of negligence in himself again.
Audel was partly disturbed by the knowledge that, although Acwel would hardly be likely to care about his business, he would never the less have to endure some kind of warning punishment.

Audel had his little speech in mind. He would say, "There is nothing that I can offer the man except polite condolences for his plight. And hardly even that, for he is barely an aqquaintence."

Lies. All lies, of course. Convincing his uncle would be simple enough.Alden troubled him, though. In a moment of weakness, he had revealed his distress, and a few carefully chosen words would hardly be enough to disguise it again. Aulden may be slightly laconic, but he was certainly no fool.

Only speed could get him out of this without injury.
Taking his coat from the ornate hat stand, Audel headed towards the door.

Was Alden the only able minded person in this family? God, he couldn't believe that his day of perfect food and relaxation would turn to this. But it couldn't be ignored, things were happening and he was going to figure it out.

He hated walking so as soon as he had made his way from the restaurant he apparated down to the front of the place. He the iron doors with distastes, flicking his wand to them so that they would swing open easily. He stepped through the doors and saw his brother. Head tilting to the side he murmured, "And where would you be going..?"

Audel almost cursed when he saw his brother appear in the manor. The timing was impeccable. Now he would have no chance to reply to Gregory today. But still, he had to get out and make arrangements, and he could not do it while his brother was around.

"Out," he replied simply, and brushed past Alden.

Alden carefully looked over the features on his brothers face, analyzing them as he went. He could tell he was about to be told to leave and slipped around in front of Audel as soon as while he took the step around him, stopping him in his tracks. For the first time in his life Alden looked utterly serious, "Its unwise to let claws travel across thin ice my brother" He said quietly.

Audel stepped around him smartly and continued walking.
"Perhaps it is. But this is not the time for that nonsense. I have somewhere to be, and I determined to be there. Excuse me..."
Audel pulled his hat onto his head and crunched down the garden path. He could have prayed that he would let it be, but Audel preferred to travel in his own manner. Without apparating, he was stuck.
A flimsy hope that his brother would let it lie, but a flimsier hope it was that he would tell him anything.
Audel steeled his hand to keep it from creeping to his wand pocket.

"Brother.. Explain yourself" He said Before apparating again, an inch in front of his brother, "Don't you dare brush me off" he said in a poison tone, glaring at his brother. He was getting tired of this cat and mouse game. He brought his wand up to tap on his brothers chest. "well?"

Audel did not even bother pulling out his own wand.

"I will not be forced to explain my actions, Alden. You forget that I have said more than once that this is my business and not yours."
He paused, and then spoke again.
"If you require an explanation I will provide, however. The man whose relationship to me you are no doubt questioning is irrelevant. I can do nothing more than offer polite condolences for his trouble, and less besides since he is barely an acquaintance. I am not lying when I say I have places to be, and you are hindering me."

Audel occasionally lost his cool, but never his temper. He simply gripped his brother's wand and swapped it over to face Alden's own chest.

"Do not test me, Alden. I am not in the mood. Now get out of the way."

Time was getting on, and if he did not act now he certainly would not even be able to make his arrangements. His eyes flickered behind Alden to the iron gates which then seemed so far away.

Alden looked over his brothers facial expressions once more with concentration as he fashioned a well made lie. It was hard to pick out but Alden was sure it was there, "Brother you should know better then to lie to me" his wand tip glowed slightly as in warning, "No brother... Do not test me" He paused to reassess his brother for a few moments before saying, "Think about your next move wisely..." This was undoubtedly the longest period of time Alden had been seen standing up strait and acting serious in a ...long time, perhaps even ever.

"Moving was exactly what I had in mind."
Audel had had enough. This was wasting for too much of his time, and he had to get out. Now.
With a crack, he apparated outside the gates and continued walking without a backwards glance. Soon he could expect Alden to appear in front of him again. He had never seen him so alert and agitated before. Audel feared that he would be forced to curse him, but only on the strictest last resort.
Outside the gates there was freedom, and a black car waiting patiently for his arrival.
Touching the handle he clicked the car door open.

Alden had had enough of this nonsense he took a few paces forward before whipping his wand in the perfect movements and entwined the words of power, "Depulso" in the exact direction of the door

He watched as the spell flew along to the door, hit it.. and sent it shut with a crash. He hoped he hadn't used too much force in the spell to cause a dint in the door. It seemed a very nice car
He half apparated into the smoke like form and reformed just outside of the gates. "Whats really going on.. My patience runs thin and you run out of time.." He said this evenly as he starred down his brother.

Audel whipped around as fast as lightning and faced Alden head on.
"Then what more do I have to say to you if I am out of time, brother?"

Audel's voice became low with tension.
"I told you I have nothing to say to you. Getting in my way will not get you any more information out of me, nor absolve you from my wrath. Leave me be or I will visit upon you whatever torment I can spare at this moment and then return for more."

He finally withdrew his wand from his jacket and leveled it at Alden. Audel found himself cautious, as he was never a dueler of any kind, and he had to leave before the driver got impatient.

Alden forced himself to listen to the babbling that his brother was repeating once more. He honestly was getting bored of it all.... He supposed he could just let him go and follow-

Audel had just raised his wand at him. for a moment his face turned to a cool fiercness, like a cat watching carefully, but then, he suddenly burst out laughing. "Your a chef not a duelist" He pointed out in mocking tones, "Lower your wand you fool" He said as his wand tip started to glow slightly in threat. He didn't want to hurt Audel but he wasn't going to be threatened by him either.

Audel was as tired of this as his brother was. He simply tucked his wand back into his jacket and spread his arms.
"What more can you do to me?"
Audel simply shook his head. He was no duelist, true, but this was too much.
I'm sorry, Gregory...
No help would come today. Perhaps Alden would just hurt him then leave him alone so that he could at least arrange Greg's accommodation. If that was all he could do for today, so be it. Gregory was like a brother to him. Lord knows he had enough of them already. But he had known Greg for over eight years, and damned if he would not help him as though he were one of his own.
Audel remained standing with his arms spread, inviting upon himself the torment that Alden seemed like to give, and that he had tried and failed to threaten.

Alden watched as his brother tucked away his and and spread his arms wide, almost invitingly to him.
"Oh you have no idea..." Alden muttered as the wand tip flared dangerously.
He was frustrated that his brother would not let anything off. A few hundred curses played across Alden's lips as he stared out at his brother.

He flicked his wand just to the side of Audel's face and whispered, "Defodio" And watched as his words once more entwined with the magic and sent the curse flying just alongside his brothers face, close enough to skim his cheek.

Audel felt the curse slice through the skin of his cheek. He heard more than saw the spell hit the windshield of the car and cut through it like butter. The glass smashed instantly and rained down upon the driver, who let out a yell and gunned the engine, speeding off into the distance.
Audel blinked the blood out of his eyes and turned his head back to look Alden right in the eye. The look said that he had allowed this, and would accept anything else he could throw at him.
Audel spoke softly next.
"I say again. What more can you do to me?"
He lifted his hand and licked a long trail of blood off his fingers.
"Because you won't be finding out what you so desperately want to know."

Alden watched his spell slice through his brothers cheek and then cut through the car as if it were butter. He watched Audel repeat his comment from before and looked at his expressions that said clearly he would take whatever punishment Alden would lay down

"The only reason I don't torture and commit the darkest curses apon you now is because I would have to deal with father.... and who else is going to cook for me?" He watched his brother silently for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do.

He finally lowered his wand and said almost silently, "There's a cab that's about to come around the corner a block up. Go"

Audel shook his head silently and then spoke.
"I don't think I will be cooking for anyone in this family again."
Audel jammed his hands into his pockets in an ungainly fashion.
"Where's in the middle of a forest, Alden. Do you know how hard it was to get that car down here, let alone a cab?"

Alden looked out and remembered, "What I said is still true.... its just the block is a few acres away.." He paused for a moment and then added abit more harshly, "And your a wizard, apparate for gods sake!" He waited impatiently for him to leave. He was hungry, he was tired and he was sick to death of Audel at the moment.

Audel looked down at the ground for a moment. His voice was steel but carried a hint of sadness.
"Screw you, Alden. Go home."
Audel almost never swore, and the words sounded ugly coming from his mouth. It was so unrefined, and the words hit home.
Audel turned and walked out into the forest.

Alden looked out after Audel for a few moments before whispering, "Don't do anything stupid.." He looked around for a moment and then back to the fading figure of his brother. He could well likely be killed and to help someone else? Alden gave a sigh.

He set himself down against a tree for a moment and tried to figure out what to do next, which was hard to do since his stomach was rumbling at him all the time through.

Acwel made his way through the forest back home, he heard Audel swear 'Somethings not right' he thought. Acwel made his Approach on Audel, hearing Alden's word's abck to Audel he knew something wasnt right. and he knew it had something to do with the letter "What are you going to do" he snarled as he made his advance on Audel. He looked at the cut which was on Audel's Face. looking over at Alden expecting a explanation. "Care to Explain Alden" he said.
highlands-pond-house-antoine-predoc.jpg

"Im tired.., im hungry and your boy is running off to do god knows what" He said bitterly before resting his head against the tree and hoping someone was about to offer him some food.. at least something edible. Alden had never been to to fret about Acwel as the other kids in the family had. But perhaps that was because he was always too busy with being lazy and eating.

Audel stopped in his tracks and almost moaned with frustration. Could he possibly encounter any more obstacles? Now he knew that Alden had blabbed, he could have pulled out his wand again and cursed him. In fact, his hand twitched to his wand pocket before he closed his eyes and calmed himself. That could only make things worse.
As Alden said he was hungry, Audel's first instinct was to feed him. From his pocket he removed a neatly wrapped sandwich and tossed it at him. That day he barely had time to make anything for himself as he contacted the right people, and as he threw the sandwich to Alden, he knew he would not have been able to curse him anyway.
Audel was weak in that way.
God knows how he was going to face his father, now. He looked furious.

Acwel looked at Alden and then Audel. "You two are both Hopeless, would someone care to give me a Proper explanation." He snapped. His paitence has always been very small. "well" He said resting his hand in his pocket. he watched Audel throw Alden a Sandwhich. Only an Ater could help out there family when they are fighting with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back