Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Wondering herself
Wand
Oak Wand 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Everly Harrington was never one to admit when things weren't going her way. Not to others and certainly not to herself. Looking back on the past four and a half years she would have thought she'd have a date to a dance by now. She was a nice girl, at least she assumed she came off that way. Sure she was competitive but nothing was really wrong with that. The teen was glad she had some good friends in her dorm and in the others houses, but not as many as she thought she should. She wasn't a shy person and typically was very outgoing it just didn't make sense to her. But instead of whimpering in her sheets about not being asked by anyone to attend the ball with her she decided to head in by herself. She pulled out an outfit that wasn't a traditional Yule Ball dress either. But it was the perfect summer alternative to those long hot dresses. White with a pretty cut back and shorts that were loose enough they could almost look like a skirt from farther away. Throwing on some high heels it seemed like the perfect alternative that could easily turn heads at the ball and get her some attention as she wanted. She headed down and with her head up she walked through the doors alone.

@Ren Lockwood if you still want to join feel free :p

Ren had really been out of it lately, spending most of his days focused on his art or napping. He had completely forgotten about the Yule Ball until he heard the music. He hurried down, feeling like an idiot as he thought about Sam. She would no doubt be here with Sydney, because he was a fool that didn't pay attention. He would really have to make this up to her. He was in such a hurry, he nearly knocked into a redhead in the entryway. "Oh-" He barely caught himself, jumping to the side quickly. "Hey- sorry- I didn't hit you did I?" He asked, noticing she was wearing a nice looking white thing. "You look pretty," He complimented automatically, liking how her outfit looked with her fiery hair.

Jasper was feeling a little strange after Violet had asked him if he had a date, and seemed surprised when he hadn't. It was like his entire year group had just waken up one day and decided they were all going to the ball together, leaving him out. He was a little disgruntled, but was at least planning to get some good snacks at the ball. Maybe even get in a prank or two, if the opportunity presented itself. He headed into the great hall with his hands stuffed in his pockets, looking around for anyone to talk to. But he knew Lily would be with her boyfriend, and Nell would be with her girlfriend. Maybe he could bother Rose a bit, she might need some company. but then he noticed Everly, the girl he'd thrown water balloons with earlier in the year. She was looking nice, and Jasper decided she could be good company. But as he headed towards her, he noticed a guy nearly running into her near the entry to the great hall. Jasper frowned, approaching just in time to hear the guy's final words. He recognized him now. Wasn't he Lily's brother? "Uh, hey Everly." He said. "Hey." He added to the boy. "Are you guys on a date?" He asked, thinking of the possibility only moments before deciding to ask it. If they were, he was interrupting and that would definitely be awkward. Though he now realized it would also be kind of awkward now if they weren't on a date, now that he asked so directly. Great.

Everly turned as someone nearly knocked her over as they rushed into the Great Hall. Her eyebrows furrowed as some people looked over and instead of noticing her looking proud and really nice they saw her trying to dodge a guy and him her. She wasn't one to hold a grudge but she wished she had looked cooler for her first impression at the Yule Ball that year. "I'm fine, thanks," she replied looking over at the guy. She recognized him from being around the Common Room but couldn't exactly place who he was. She was sure he wasn't a fifth year like herself which made her assume he must be in fourth year as she didn't quite look around the age of sixteen. "And thanks," she said as a reply just as Jasper came up to them. She blushed a little seeing him, not because she had a crush on him but because of his follow up question. It seemed really as though she was the only fifth year girl who hadn't been asked to the ball this year. Which was a little upsetting but she was also a very independent person and managed to bring herself to the Yule Ball. "Heya Jasper, and uh no actually I don't know you're name, but you're in Gryffindor right? I'm Everly by the way," she said reaching her hand out towards the younger guy, a smile on her face. Her friendly cheerful side coming back out now the shock of almost being run down had passed.

Ren smiled a little, just about to say something when Jasper popped up out of nowhere. "Hiya Jas," He greeted, blushing at the thought of being on a date with the redhead. Before he could deny it, she had, and then she had introduced herself. "Ren," He gave her a smile, shaking her hand before looking to Jasper. "What did you do, by the way? I saw Rose heading this way- in a skirt. I didn't even know she owned one, much less wanted to dance in one." He joked lightly, giving Everly a smile. "Do you guys want to get some snacks?" He asked, already thoroughly distracted.

Jasper was glad he hadn't interrupted some mushy date, and wondered if he could tag along with Everly and Ren for a bit. It was just... kind of sad to hang out by himself while all his friends had dates. He was starting to regret not just asking someone, if he was honest. But who would he have asked? He glanced at Ren and shrugged at his words. "Don't give me all the credit, Rose makes her own choices." He said with a shrug. "Glad she's doing okay." He added, glancing over his shoulder for a glimpse of her. Attending the dance in dance-y clothes seemed like a step in the right direction to Jasper. "Snacks sound great." He added. "They usually have some good ones."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back